Light Groups malfunction. Bulbs toggle differently. Gif attached

Do you use z2m light groups rather than configuration.yaml groups?

If so, I don’t know anything else. You have all the setup as I do and in my case in fixed more or less the problem. Still have the issue, but not so much as before

Yes i do.

It reduces some of the traffic going on, but dosn’t really help. The problem is still there.
I’m also playing around with scenes right now. 6 bulb (3 x 2 pairs) in groups. Here, the problem is also noticeable. If i switch scenes ‘to fast’, there is always one or two bulbs not responding. If i switch slowly everything seems fine. So could it be too much traffic?

This really bothers me! I’m planning to equip my new house with 30+ bulbs. I’m panicking!

At the moment i’m trying everything in z2m configuration. Baudrate, Channels, Adapter Delay, etc…
nothing really helps. I’m also using another ConBee2. Just to be sure it’s not the stick. But same old problem.

Someone plz, help! :smiley:

• Thousands of Nodes: The technology also supports up to 65000 nodes on a single network to expand further the transmission range across a large floor area, building with multiple floor levels, or homes with several physical division

To much traffic, huh? I don’t think so.

Have you looked at the zigbee mesh. Im using ZHA and the overview in ZHA does not really give a good indication of the mesh strength, however the ZHA network card give a good overview of the LQI pr device. I got somewhat similar problem at a early time, when a lot of the devices had below 150 in LQI. I have afterwards added some more mains (I can see you only have mains in the diagram) and manually re-discovered my Aqara devices (they are bad at reroute them self). Now most/all devices have 255 in LQI and I never see the problem.

Just a idea to look at. Maybe a wifi router clsoe to the Conbee, or the extender cable is not long anough or some other interference?

At the moment, all devices are in a 2 meter range. LQI is always 255. The cable is 1,5 m and the next wifi router is 10 m away. So i guess that’s not it.

I found out, that 6 devices in 3 groups of 2 are very very unstable. On the first switch everything looks fine, but than i have to wait 3 - 4 seconds to switch to another scene state. Without this time the bulbs become unpredictable. But 6 devices in only one group works like a charm! I can switch between scenes like a world champion. Zigbee wise there are only 2 messages less (the two group messages). These 2 messages had an extreme impact on behavior.

There is something odd! I tested nearly everything. So i ordered a zigbee sniffer. I want to know whats going on.

You guys really wanna tell me, you can control - let’s say - 10 bulbs (without a group) with one switch and everything works fine?

This describes it best (no groups / 6 bulbs):

GIF 06.01.2022 22-53-46

this is the error message i get:

Publish ‘set’ ‘state’ to ‘muller_light_white_0’ failed: ‘Error: Command 0x00158d0003895d4a/1 genOnOff.off({}, {“timeout”:10000,“disableResponse”:false,“disableRecovery”:false,“disableDefaultResponse”:false,“direction”:0,“srcEndpoint”:null,“reservedBits”:0,“manufacturerCode”:null,“transactionSequenceNumber”:null,“writeUndiv”:false}) failed (no response received)’

My setup is using hue integration for 1/2 my lamps and Conbee2/ZHA for the remaining. In the setup I have 2 groups of 3 bulbs in ZHA, always working.

I have not tried using zigbee groups, I use lightgroups in HA. The total setup is 15 bulbs, 17 plugs and a number of sensors in ZHA.

I must admit your test scenario sounds adequate. It should work.

You use scenes, right? I use light.on service, maybe something in the scene part not working. I have not tried.

I will try in the weekend, I will just put them all in a HA group and see what happens

Yes i use scenes. But that is not the problem. Scenes in z2m with all bulbs in it works great. 3 groups in z2m and 1 scene with these groups in HA are the worst. But the problem appears even without groups (see post above). Everything with more than 3 bulbs fails.

just put 6 bulbs without any group to a panel and activate the ‘all switch’.

Did some testing today. There is something not working. Im not sure it is Zigbee problem, however maybe in HA update of entity states?

Here is what I have expierenced.

Made a entity overview with 7 bulbs, like you.

I get the same behavior, sometimes one bulp do not change state in HA, even it actually turn on. Like, if I turn on the bulps, they all turn on, however one will not show “on” in the HA GUI. This one is then also not turning off on the next “press” as HA see it as “off” already. It will then turn on next time again.

I got the idea it might be related to HA Lovelace GUI, so I created a automation using light.toggle every 10 sec. This did not solve it, same behavior.

It never happens in my normal light group of 3 bupls. Not at all.

Im not sure of the next step.

Yes, exactly this!

Thank you! Not the best thing to say, but i’m glad it’s not just me.
Groups are helpful, as it behaves more reliable. But overall, i’m not sure if that’s the way to go for me.

Anyone?

Good news anyone. I figured it out.

It’s the Conbee II!

I just bought a C2531 from Amazon and now everything works really really good!

That’s great to hear! I bought a CC2652 a few weeks ago, but it hasn’t arrived yet…

I have wondered why I was not seeing this problem at all. It is only HA reporting/behaviour in lovelace that is not working.

I have made a automation which use light.on to turn on all the lights, wait 15 sec, then use light.off. It have been running for 15 minutes now, with no errors at all.

If I look in the GUI, it fails to report the right state several times during my 15min test.

Not sure why this should be a error with Conbee II (have just read that it works for you with C2531)

How was the move from Conbee to C2531. Im not sure I have the mental strength to re-pair all my 68 devices. Some are even at hard to reach places.

Was it on the re-pair? Did the devices show up with the same entity names, or will I have to look through my automations also? Any hints?

GIF 07.01.2022 20-21-08

I’m happy with this! I had two Conbees. Both had the same problem.
Everything feels f…g fast now!

All i had to do was pluging the C2531 in and remove the ‘adapter: deconz’ entry from the z2m config. No re-pairing needed.

I’m having similar issues as described here, installed a cluster of five Ledvance / Osram GU 5.3 MR16 bulbs (to be exact: SMART+ ZB SPOT 5 W 12 V 36° GU5.3 MR) and I’m also using a Conbee II in combinatian with ZHA and having also trouble with proper toggling.

I updated my Conbee II to the latest firmware, factory resetted and re-paired my new bulbs, but still having the same problems.

So I ordered instead of a C2531 a Sonoff ZigBee 3.0 USB DDongle Plus, which is equipped with the CC2652P, which should be more suitable to handle my ~60 Zigbee devices.

I hope I can easily exchange the hubs and easily change the radio type (tips to change the radio are appreciated!)

I moved from ZHA to Deconz and everything works properly now. I have a raspbee2.