Linear NGDZ00-4 Garage Door

It will show up usually right after using a code to unlock for the first time. Just curious to see if it updates. I’ve found that it shows the last used usercode slot that unlocked the door, but… Only updates after a restart

Ah it just showed up when my wife unlocked the door, and it has a “1” in it which I assume corresponds to the 1st usercode.

The problem I have right now is that I am getting data in the access control telling my the door is locking/unlocking, however my lock.front_door state is not changing to reflect :expressionless:

2018-05-15 14:43:53.841 Info, Node022, Received Alarm report: sensorSrcID=0, type:Access Control event:Access Control - KeyPad Unlock, status=true
2018-05-15 14:44:01.719 Info, Node022, Received Alarm report: sensorSrcID=0, type:Access Control event:Access Control - Manual Lock, status=true

Try another code. I’d bet the number will stay at one unless you restart HA. Also the lock/unlock will show for manual locks but not for the lock itself. One of the sensors will show as you mentioned. Locked with keypad. Etc. you can probably still lock/unlock from you though

I’ll give that a try tonight.

I was a little confused about your second part. My lock.front_door doesn’t ever reflect the manual or keypad changes. I can, however, unlock and lock the door through HA perfectly fine.

I remember having this issue when I first onboarding to openzwave back some time last year, and then did something and suddenly everything worked as expected.

I’ll say. I’ve been running the dev flavor since I started. I needed it for my garage door opener. The garage door opener has been great. The bahvior of my schlage as far as sensors, etc seems to have been different than most everyone else in the community. I’ve come to believe that there is a bug in version 1.5 when it comes to the schlage be469 deadbolts. I just posted some details today to an OpenZWave group. We’ll see how that goes.

What you are experiencing seems to match what I’ve experienced

1 Like

The best place to continue this discussion is here Schlage Locks.

Lots of “good” info there, but… I suspect like me you will find that your locks does not have the same sensors as everyone else.

any idea after an update to 0.70 why this is happening?

terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘OpenZWave::OZWException’
what(): Manager.cpp:2018 - InvalidValueIDError (101) Msg: Invalid ValueID passed to GetValueAsBool
Aborted (core dumped)
(tried 0.4.3 and 0.4.4 - going to try non dev flavor of OZW)

adding some additional context in the hope it may help:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "src-lib/libopenzwave/libopenzwave.pyx", line 494, in libopenzwave.notif_callback (src-lib/libopenzwave/libopenzwave.cpp:5908)
IndexError: list index out of range
2018-05-27 23:05:05 ERROR (Dummy-16) [libopenzwave] notif_callback exception
  File "src-lib/libopenzwave/libopenzwave.pyx", line 494, in libopenzwave.notif_callback (src-lib/libopenzwave/libopenzwave.cpp:5908)
2018-05-27 23:05:05 ERROR (Dummy-16) [libopenzwave] notif_callback exception

it seems something in 0.70 is causing the issue, as reverting back to using 1.4 & 0.4.4 allows z-wave to load, but the issue is then with the cover component. I’m now struggling to dig any deeper in to troubleshooting

I have not run into any issues with ZWave and 0.70

so little confused as to how this came about. how do you move from 1.4 to 1.5
python_openzwave is 0.4.4 - but OZWlog shows 1.4XXX starting up?

using the dev flavor previously, does anything else need changing or is there a way to remove things and rebuild?

getting LOADS of these in OZWlog.txt:

Error in Product Config file at line 3 - missing Revision attribute

Execute from your venv:
pip3 install --no-cache-dir 'python_openzwave==0.4.3' --install-option="–flavor=ozwdev"

Make sure HA isn’t running while doing this. Once it’s done, fire HA back up. You’ll have 1.5.xxxx

1 Like

tried that - its seems something is either corrupted somewhere, or has been overwritten.
when using 1.5 and 0.4.4 HA crashes out with the above error.
Cant tell if i need to recompile open-zwave, re-add barrierclass info or what. totally confused now :frowning:

now even getting an error when running pyozw_check :confused:

with your command above 0.4.3:
2018-05-28 13:18:00 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component zwave
File “/home/jamie/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 143, in _async_setup_component
hass, processed_config)
File “/home/jamie/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zwave/init.py”, line 229, in async_setup
from openzwave.option import ZWaveOption
File “/home/jamie/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/openzwave/option.py”, line 29, in
import libopenzwave
ImportError: libopenzwave.so.1.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Your library file is somehow missing. This file compiles when you execute the pip command, did you get any errors when you ran the pip command?

thank you firstly for your help!
I got a few red remarks on the install (but also checking it should be 0.4.3 and not 0.4.4 ?)
but compiles successfully

python-jose-cryptodome 1.3.2 has requirement pycryptodome<3.4.0,>=3.3.1, but you’ll have pycryptodome 3.4.11 which is incompatible.
pyatv 0.3.9 has requirement aiohttp<3,>=2.3.0, but you’ll have aiohttp 3.1.3 which is incompatible.
netdisco 1.2.4 has requirement zeroconf==0.19.1, but you’ll have zeroconf 0.20.0 which is incompatible.
myusps 1.3.2 has requirement requests==2.12.4, but you’ll have requests 2.18.4 which is incompatible.
fedexdeliverymanager 1.0.4 has requirement beautifulsoup4==4.5.1, but you’ll have beautifulsoup4 4.6.0 which is incompatible.
fedexdeliverymanager 1.0.4 has requirement requests==2.12.4, but you’ll have requests 2.18.4 which is incompatible.

cant figure out how these are all connected.

OZWlog.txt shows
1.5.0 starting up

0.4.3 is the version being used.
however the library is looking for libopenzwave.so.1.4
HOWEVER
libopenzwave.so.1.5 is in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

i’m assuming i need to create some kind of link between them? just cant figure out how or where?

reverted back to now:
HA 0.69.1

and things seem to be working again. there must be something in the 0.70 upgrade that changed something. I also cant really tell what though. little reluctant to try again to upgrade as cant go another day without any z-wave components not working.

I did notice that
pip3 uninstall python_openzwave
didnt actually uninstall - found out that running HA still has OZW 1.4. so now even more confused. I’m wondering if there are now conflicting versions and so any thoughts on how i can kinda clean up the zwave install?

1 Like

What type of install you using? Raspbian? Debian? Ubuntu?

ubuntu 16.10 venv