Linear NGDZ00-4 Garage Door

Facepalm

Should have looked at that.
That sorted that problem. Thanks man!

Good news is it works fine in ozwcp bad news is home-assistant still doesn’t love it…

Something new…

2017-07-24 14:52:30 ERROR (Dummy-14) [libopenzwave] notif_callback exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “src-lib/libopenzwave/libopenzwave.pyx”, line 494, in libopenzwave.notif_callback (src-lib/libopenzwave/libopenzwave.cpp:5902)
IndexError: list index out of range
2017-07-24 14:52:31 ERROR (Dummy-14) [openzwave] Error in manager callback
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pyozwweb-0.4.0.35-py3.4.egg/openzwave/network.py”, line 952, in zwcallback
self._handle_value_added(args)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pyozwweb-0.4.0.35-py3.4.egg/openzwave/network.py”, line 1482, in _handle_value_added
‘value’ : self.nodes[args[‘nodeId’]].values[args[‘valueId’][‘id’]]})
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/PyDispatcher-2.0.5-py3.4.egg/pydispatch/dispatcher.py”, line 338, in send
**named
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/PyDispatcher-2.0.5-py3.4.egg/pydispatch/robustapply.py”, line 55, in robustApply
return receiver(*arguments, **named)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zwave/init.py”, line 314, in value_added
hass, schema, value, config, device_config)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zwave/init.py”, line 707, in init
self._check_entity_ready()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zwave/init.py”, line 799, in _check_entity_ready
node_config=node_config, hass=self._hass)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/zwave.py”, line 32, in get_device
return ZwaveGarageDoor(values)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/zwave.py”, line 116, in init
self.update_properties()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/zwave.py”, line 122, in update_properties
if door_state_list:
NameError: name ‘door_state_list’ is not defined

Give the later revision a shot:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/firstof9/home-assistant/15033d944bf109125ac08e4f8fcdba377c3826ba/homeassistant/components/cover/__init__.py

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/firstof9/home-assistant/15033d944bf109125ac08e4f8fcdba377c3826ba/homeassistant/components/cover/zwave.py

1 Like

That did the trick! Thanks again!! Hopefully this will help sort out others as well.

I’m probably reading this wrong but did .50.0 include a fix for this? https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/8574

It did.

You still need to compile the dev branch of OpenZwave, but the fixes are in place for HA so almost no modifications need to be completed.

You still need to modify __init__.py but that’s all.

Any chance someone could update the cover instructions page for HASS to discuss how to install the dev branch and modify the init.py file? Maybe a link to a working AIO and Hassbian script to install that version of z wave as well. I know there are various modified scripts here but now some of the steps aren’t needed and I personally don’t know which ones.

Thanks.

Technically it supports it out of the box now, it’s the Zwave library that’s lagging behind now :stuck_out_tongue:

Just installed 50.2 and changed the init.py and still getting decode 66 errors.
Missed something, not sure what it is?

Edit:
Is this it? If so where I do pick up on the previous instructions?

I’m manually creating my own docker image and installing hass with pip as root. Can I just run pip3 install python_openzwave --install-option="--flavor=ozwdev" as the git repo recommends (https://github.com/OpenZWave/python-openzwave#python-openzwave-040-is-coming-)?

Give it a shot, let us know if it works :smiley:

If you previously have had compiled manually, you just need to do the make install in the python_openzwave directory once again. This will put the file(s) back.

I am glad I posted my hack’s to https://hastebin.com/ajahicotot.bash. That did it. After checking the init.py, it was still fixed. Restart hass and all is good. I put it into a script in my pi director for future upgrades.
I was hoping 50.2 would have fixed all of that. :slight_smile:
If the hastebin disappears, let me know and I will repost it if anyone needs it.

I don’t understand line 48 in your script. The python-openzwave git repo doesn’t have a python3 branch or tag…

As of 0.50 we don’t have to “hack” any of the HA files except the __init__.py. I consider that progress in the right direction. :smiley:

Ignore/skip line 48 it’s not needed.

Looks like I did it the hard way . :flushed:

Thanks for helping out!

Just as an FYI of where we stand, the 0.50.2 changes were just to make sure we weren’t breaking covers for people who use other types of garage controllers.

Unfortunately, at this point we’re stuck with the current workarounds until openzwave issues a new release. The hass side has come as far as we can.

1 Like

Still running into issues here. Tried the hastepin script from penright and it stopped after it activated the virtual env. I tried to run through it manually and no errors to note, but now when I start HASS, I get this error and Z wave doesn’t load at all.

I did do the init.py modification too

Any thoughts?

2017-08-02 19:48:52 ERROR (Dummy-20) [libopenzwave] notif_callback exception
  File "src-lib/libopenzwave/libopenzwave.pyx", line 494, in libopenzwave.notif_callback (src-lib/libopenzwave/libopenzwave.cpp:5902)
IndexError: list index out of range

Is it possible for someone with a working config to just zip up the relevant open zwave directories or would that not work?