Linear NGDZ00-4 Garage Door

Thanks - so I went through the process I did before and it worked - the compatibility issues still show up (in red too) but everything seems to work - assuming they are just warnings? Seemed the libopenzwave.so.1.4 issue was the real issue hidden underneath / masked by those warnings.

Appreciate the help!

If there were no errors during the compile then it’s safe to ignore the compat errors/warnings.

1 Like

I’m getting this error trying to install

Command “/usr/bin/python3 -u -c “import setuptools, tokenize;file=’/tmp/pip-build-c3hnntkk/PyDispatcher/setup.py’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘open’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’\r\n’, ‘\n’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘exec’))” install --record /tmp/pip-j86iun7t-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --flavor=dev --user --prefix=” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-c3hnntkk/PyDispatcher/

Sounds like you’re missing a dependency try pip install setuptools and see if that helps

I got the same error @ptdalen I already have setuptools installed. Any other ideas @firstof9 ?

1 Like

When I use

pip3 install --no-cache-dir 'python_openzwave==0.4.4' --install-option="--flavor=dev"

It doesn’t work, I get compile errors. 0.4.4 or 0.4.3 both fail.

When I use:

pip3 install --no-cache-dir 'python_openzwave==0.4.4' --install-option="--flavor=ozwdev"

It compiles and launches fine.

What are the difference between the flavors? What is the recommended one to get working with the GDZ00-4 Garage door?

ozwdev is the flavor that works with the GDZ00-4

1 Like

I’m still getting this error trying to install flavoe ozwdev

Command “/usr/bin/python3 -u -c “import setuptools, tokenize;file=’/tmp/pip-build-c3hnntkk/PyDispatcher/setup.py’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘open’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’\r\n’, ‘\n’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘exec’))” install --record /tmp/pip-j86iun7t-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --flavor=dev --user --prefix=” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-c3hnntkk/PyDispatcher/

Try a pip install pydispatcher

heres a “dumb” question, do I need to do any of this as the my home assistant user account? I’m running in a python vm

You execute all these commands from inside your python venv.

I’ll post a script to be used to make this a bit easier for everyone once I get home.

1 Like

Here’s a script to run the install:

#!/bin/bash

if [ "$(id -u)" != "0" ]; then
echo "This script must be run with sudo. Use \"sudo ${0} ${*}\"" 1>&2
exit 1
fi

echo "Changing to user homeassistant"
sudo -H -u homeassistant /bin/bash <<EOF
echo "Activating virtual environment"
source /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/bin/activate

# install cython if not already installed
pip3 install --upgrade cython==0.24.1

# remove previously install python_openzwave
pip3 uninstall -y python_openzwave

# install ozwdev flavor of python_openzwave
pip3 install --no-cache-dir 'python_openzwave==0.4.3' --install-option="--flavor=ozwdev"

echo "Deactivating virtual environment"
deactivate
EOF
exit 0
1 Like

I wanted to take the time to thank you for the steps. I was definitely doing it wrong. Main issue was I never ran this from the VM as Home assistant. Once I did that, it all worked great. I have not added my garage door opener yet, but will take care of that tonight. I’ll report back if I have any issues, but I suspect I will not. :slight_smile:

Make sure you are using the “Add Secure Node” button and have a network key setup :smiley:

Good deal, thanks for that. I do have a key setup, but did not think about this being a secure node.

Any entry device requires it.

Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

OK, I added it, I have 5 sensors, but not sure how to actually open it. haha. I’m sure it’s easy, this is the first device of this kind I have added, so I’m sure its just me. But if you have a quick, duh, do this bit of info, I’ll take it. :slight_smile:

This is what I am seeing. I did not have
cover:
zwave

in my configuration.yaml, so I removed and readded secure. It seems to add, but what else do I need to do?
I’m running 67.1 and have updated the zwave component as instructed above.

I’ve read much of the comments above, but many of the comments seem to be outdated.

Thanks

What does the first line of your ozw_log.txt say?

018-04-28 17:18:06.527 Always, OpenZwave Version 1.4.2926 Starting Up