Linear NGDZ00-4 Garage Door

Eureka. Dad, I found my issue. Here’s hoping your’s is this easy. First, check the battery on the tilt sensor. I had the long metal tab terminal on top of the battery, should be below. That still didn’t fix it! Next, I looked at the mounting bracket for the sensor (it has an up arrow on it also). Make SURE THESE MATCH direction. Mine weren’t and because of this a tamper switch wasn’t being pressed on the sensor. Problem solved. I am an idiot.

2 Likes

sorry not a hassio user, but looks like you figured it out :smiley:

Well that wasn’t my issue, but it was a similar stupid issue. This weekend I released that the HASS was showing the Access Control level at 254. Looking into it, the tamper button was broken (rocker switch just missing). I put a small piece of wire in to short the connection and I started getting notifications when the door opened and closed.

Unfortunately that’s not the end of the story. Now I get the correct status in HASS and the garage door opener blinks and gives the alert when I click open. But then nothing happens. The arrow lights blink on the actual opener meaning it is receiving the signal, but it isn’t doing anything with it. I have a non-smart Chamberlain opener. It wasn’t on the incompatible list, but it seems like this isn’t going to work without a hack (likely going to try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx3XlsKw588)

Here is a dumb git/version question

How can I tell which version I should install of pyozw? I am still on 81.6 and considering upgrading. I forked the current HA fork, and added my usercode.cpp changes to my github and want to move forward, but I’m not sure if 0.1.0 is still current and am not sure how to tell

A pip search homeassistant-pyozw will show you the current version available. Looks like 0.1.1 is the latest.

1 Like

Thanks!. Was able to update, a few bumps, but nothing suprising. Last time I updated OWZ, I was lucky enough to not have to remove/readd my garage door controller, but not looking like I’m going to be that lucky this time. Not a huge deal, just was hoping to not have to do that. I have all my sensors, but the cover has gone away.

I’ve done the usual. Restarted HA, refreshed the node, healed the node, healed the zwave network, unplugged and plugged back in the garage door controller, and opened/closed the garage door several times both while healing/refreshing.

Did the log give you the Command Class 0x66 error?

I’ve steped away, and cannot check now. Let’s say it did, what would that mean?

Would mean something happened and didn’t pickup the barrier support.

1 Like

I do have this error

Node061, ApplicationCommandHandler - Unhandled Command Class 0x66

does that mean I need to remove/readd the opener, or that I have a bad install?

That’d be a bad install of OZW.

interesting, I guess I’ll try a reinstall? I forked the HA version of open-zwave and then made a change to usercode.cpp. I used that fork for my install, kind of the same process as I used back when we had to do our own barrier support.

Make sure to uninstall python-openzwave via pip I ran into that issue.

good call. I just did that, uninstalled the home assistant version as well, reinstalled everything upgraded HA, and unfortunatly still getting the error. I’m running OpenZwave Version 1.4.3252, is that correct

Ya that’s the version it should be, what does pip freeze give you?

homeassistant-pyozw==0.1.1

I’m thinking I may have forked the wrong version. I dont see barrier support

Is that right? I dont see the barrier files in there at all

Branch should be: hass

This is making me feel like an idiot. I thought i had the right branch, thought I had the right hass branch as well. Can you post the URL of where I should find this branch?

Thanks!

edit I’m browsing to the hass branch in a browser and clicking on fork,but it’s forking the non hass branch

edit2: I guess this should work. I’m learning some git :slight_smile:

git clone -b hass https://github.com/ptdalen/open-zwave

Thanks for the continued help. I’m good, my cover is back and did not have to do anything special (other than use the right branch)

Good to hear, do you have your usercodes.cpp hosted on github?