Linear NGDZ00-4 Garage Door

Sure do

So I am pretty new to the home assistant world, I was originally using smartthings hub to control the garage door, but it doesnā€™t integrate the greatest with home assistant. So I bought a zwave usb to use with hassio. I have been trying to follow along, but I am I am not sure if this is suppose to work without any changes being made or do I still need to make changes to update homeassistant-pyozw. I am running OpenZwave Version 1.4.3254. I have home assistant v.0.84.6 running on hassio v.141 on a ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS system. I have the network key in place and the cover in my config.yaml, but does not show up, all I see is binary_sensor.linear_gd00z4_garage_door_opener_remote_controller_sensor.
Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Likely you didnā€™t use the ā€œAdd Secure Nodeā€ button.

Check the OZW_Log.txt for errors. You can view it via the zwave panel in HassIO.

I figured it out, I didnā€™t unbracket the network key in the options.xml. It is now working. Thanks

So to be clear, there is no way to get this to work right now on Hass.io?

That is incorrect. It should work out of the box in the latest version of HassIO

Ah ok, Sorry, this is for a buddy. I am wondering if he just didnā€™t do a secure add. He is seeing the zwave device but no way to actually control the garage door.

Thatā€™s usually a non-secure add symptom, have him give you the first 3-5 lines of his OZW_log.txt likely missing the network key.

Does anyone know how to add an item to the OZW device list? I have the new Schlage BE469ZP lock which is exactly like the old one except Zwave Plus, but HASS doesnā€™t recognize it. I know that you all did something similar with Linear in the pastā€¦ any ideas?

Iā€™ve tried this but I cannot get the zwave lock to respond to commands. I managed to get it identified

Probably should open a new thread then. Make sure you refresh the device info after updating the XML, or exclude and re-add it.

interested in this as well can you share your automation of your garage door

Itā€™s been almost an year since I looked here. Something I saw made me think HA started itā€™s own zwave. I looked back a few months and seems like we are still using OZW. Did they merge the dev branch into what HA is using now? To get through the barrier issues, do we still have to load a different version than what HA comes with?

Current Status:
Bottom line, if I load a fresh HA do I have to hack the zwave install to get my NGDZ00-4 to work or is that now fixed?

I just helped my brother set up this exact opener on a stock (non-dev) virtualenv HA installation, and it worked completely without any issues.

1 Like

No further ā€œhacksā€ are required.

1 Like

I guess that means the end of this thread? :partying_face: :joy::cry:

Basically it was flagged as solved now :stuck_out_tongue:

So I just updated HA to 0.94.3 about a week ago and now my Linear NGDZ00-4 no longer works. The cover entity no longer shows up in HA. OZW_Log.txt shows OpenZwave version 1.4.3428. I donā€™t see COMMAND_CLASS_BARRIER in zwcfg*.xml.

Iā€™ve tried excluding and re-adding (secure add), and Iā€™ve restarted HA several times. Any ideas?

Paste the first 10 lines of OZW_Log.txt