Linear NGDZ00-4 Garage Door

What should I do I’m very new to ha how do i fix them

The OpenZwave site says CAN messages indicate RF signal issues.

Should I move my hub

You could try that.

still will not pair any ideas

What procedure are you following to pair? Did the logs change since you moved the hub closer? I found the hub had to be very close to get a successful pairing.

Razorface was able to get it paired, it actually paired the first go the log was showing something about node 62 when their device paired as node 57.

The main issue was not having a network key for secure network inclusion.

Putting this here for anyone that comes along later as I had to dig through the thread to put things together.

1. The GSZ00-4 does work, I am using Home Assistant 0.110.1 in docker and it appears as a cover and a few sensors. If you only see one sensor, it failed to add as a secure device.
  2. It is a secure device, the secure key MUST be set in HA for zwave
  3. If you have had zwave setup from before the GUI was added and you never set the network KEY you will have to fix that BEFORE adding the device.

If you are already setup the secure key currently can’t be fixed from the UI or by putting an entry back in the config…

You will need to search .storage/core.config_entries for network_key , if it is NULL then it isn’t set.

You will need to stop HA, replace the NULL with a new KEY that will be quoted and look like:
“0xDE, 0xAD, 0x03, 0x04, 0x05, 0x06, 0x07, 0x08, 0x09, 0x0A, 0x0B, 0x0C, 0x0D, 0x0E, 0xBE, 0xEF”

There is a guide on generating a key.

If you already attempted to add it without the key being setup in Zwave you will need to completely delete the device and start over.

After the device is added it will initiatilly show as unknown, just go to the zwave section select the unknown node and select refresh.

If all else fails restart HA and the name and the cover and sensors should be added when HA starts.

2 Likes

I just went through the pain of getting these set up with HA (converting from Smart Things) and finally got it all working. A few points to add to the excellent summary by @BlinkyLights:

• Don’t add any custom entries to a custom openzwave config folder. If you did (like I did) this won’t work and you need to remove them and exclude the openers that you added when they were in place.
  • You must do Add Secure Node
  • After hitting Add Secure Node hit the button on the side of the controller once. It will beep, then go “beep-beep-beep”. Then…
  • WAIT. Wait a while. Like a minute or two or three. Suddenly the controller will go “beep-beep-beep” again and voila! It’s in Home Assistant.

Phew!!!

1 Like

If you’re running the new OpenZwave beta integration here’s an MQTT cover to help while they finish up cover support, just make sure you adjust your ValueIDKey to whatever the value is under .../commandclass/102/:

cover:
  - platform: mqtt
    name: "Garage Door"
    device_class: garage
    command_topic: "OpenZWave/1/command/setvalue/"
    state_topic: "OpenZWave/1/node/6/instance/1/commandclass/102/value/281475083239444/"
    qos: 0
    retain: true
    payload_open: '{"ValueIDKey" : 281475083239444, "Value": 4}'
    payload_close: '{"ValueIDKey" : 281475083239444, "Value": 0}'
    state_open: "Opened"
    state_opening: "Opening"
    state_closed: "Closed"
    state_closing: "Closing"
    optimistic: false
    value_template: "{{ value_json.Value.Selected }}"
1 Like

How do you find the ValueIDKey? I am looking and I think I am looking in the wrong place.

Steps:

1. Use MQTT Explorer to connect to your MQTT Server
  2. Go to OpenZWave/1/node/<NODE OF YOUR GDO>/instance/1/commandclass/102/value
  3. Find the Value in this branch that has "Label": "Barrier State" in it, that’ll be the ValueIDKey to use

Example screenshot:

I’m not 100% sure the ValueIDKey is unique so it’s always good to check your own.

Thank you I was looking in the wrong spot!

1 Like

Barrier support should be in 0.113, no more having to use a MQTT work around :slight_smile:

This was helpful! Curious, how do you know if a device needs to be added as a secure node?

Usually by reading the manual :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m having trouble connecting and accessing the actual switch to control the garage door.

I’m able to see two devices only and neither seem to control the door.

sensor.gd00z_4_garage_door_opener_remote_controller_basic
binary_sensor.gd00z_4_garage_door_opener_remote_controller_sensor

I’m running HASSIO 0.116.2 and utilizing the Add-on for OpenZWave 0.5.2

I clicked “Add Node” in OpenZWave and it asks “Do you wish to include the new device with encryption?” which I assume to be a secure node.

Any ideas?

Did you set your network key?

I stopped the network on OpenZWave and setup ZWave from the integration page, added the network key, added a secure node and it worked.

But yes, I had previously setup a network key on OpenZWave.

I also did the reverse, shut down ZWave, reinstalled OpenZWave with a network key and no cover option.

It has to be the same network key that you used for the ZWave integration.