Livoltek inverter integration?

Hi
Has anyone integrated a Livoltek inverter solution?
I can’t find anything online

1 Like

As it happens I’m currently building an integration to Livoltek’s APIs to use with Energy Management / emhass. Will keep you updated

2 Likes

salve, ci sono novità con integrazione API di Livoltek, grazie

Hi,

Did you manage to complete this integration?

Would also love some information if any progress at all on this.

Am considering an install with Livoltek inverter - but don’t want to unless I can get it into HA easily.

At the moment the integration is going OK to read data, however at last check the team don’t support changing the inverter settings (to use battery rather than grid for example) via the API. This is apparently coming and I’m aiming to demo the integration to them in the hope of partnering with them on it in some way.

1 Like

have you got any sample code / github available? I’d be happy to help - just don’t want to reinvent the wheel if you’re already flying ahead!

1 Like

@aesop01 I’m so sorry for the delay here! I have got some basic repo I can share, the main part I was waiting for was the Livoltek team to allow changing of the inverter settings via a HTTP POST. That being said it may be better to just release a read-only integration for the timebeing to get the stats for a site and then worry about adding in service calls as a v2?

I’ll push the GitHub stuff tomorrow (just need to make sure my test scripts are sanitised and commit history are squashed) then will put the link here while I finish off a read only v1.

I’ve pushed the first branch to GitHub - adamlonsdale/hass-livoltek and will merge the next branch with a few more endpoints in shortly and push that (some refactoring needed) but will then keep the repo up to date with issues / commits with it being public now :slight_smile:

Hi Adam, Would you have any screenshots of what is available via the integration ? I am considering purchasing a Livoltek system and the HA integration could be the deciding factor for me.

Thanks,
Ger.

So to be 100% transparent the v1 is not available as of yet, I’ve had a few issues with the API my side which I’ve since resolved and the first milestone will consist of read-only entities from the Livoltek side.

I am promised a document will be sent over from the Livoltek team next week to allow updating of the schedules (charge, discharge or self use) which we could then automate on a daily basis / link into EMHASS but a the moment I have no info on this.

Realistically my aim is to eventually get to live control of the device via service calls but as yet that isn’t supported by the API at all (again, yet!)

Another thumbs up here!

Just an update here - I’ve received some further documentation on the API side and I’ve been converting this into an OpenAPI 3 YAML file to automatically generate a pylivoltek library.

I’ve got the config flow entirely working now after some updates and device registration is working too. The latest work has been around completing the sensor entities ahead of a version 0.1 for some feedback from those interested.

After that the plan would be to tidy up and complete v1 and start adding in the inverter control as a v2 which will allow setting the schedule each day as needed and some services to start / stop the system.

1 Like

A further update here - there were some bugs in the Livoltek API that I’ve raised with the Livoltek team (only showing the data for either battery, solar or grid at any one time based on the stats most recently updated for example).

They have fixed these and re-deployed the API which is now working so I will continue this integration tonight ready to get the initial device / sensors / entities up and running.

2 Likes

Hello, I tried do as describe on github but receive the error:

Unable to load configuration flow: 500 Internal Server Error Server got itself in trouble

1 Like

Ciao, anche a me da lo stesso problema, non riesco ad uscirne.

So the GitHub is still a bit of a work in progress and I’ve just made a new pre-release with my recent commits today, although this is still a very early untested version.

Livoltek had a few issues with their API which are now solved (such as an SSL cert renewal earlier last week). I’ve now published the pylivoltek python package (auto generated) to GitHub and PyPi as well as pushed the latest changes to the hass-livoltek

One of the things you will need is API information from Livoltek. They do have an OAuth user token you can generate via the Livoltek website but this will need to be coupled with the ‘secuid’ and ‘API Key’ obtained from their support team. I’ve asked if theres’s a better way to share this though as the one I have would be for an ‘app’ but the way home assistant works, you wouldn’t want to share the API Key in this way.

I’ve got initial import of current power readings (kW) of solar, battery and grid.

I’ve just added support for the first two Energy sensors (grid import and grid export) as you can see here in kWh. Next step is to do the same for solar generation and home load.

How did you get them to provide the API key and secID? I have created the ticket 15 days ago and have received no response to date.

hey not sure if you got a reply on this from Livoltek but I’ve just asked them a question again about how you can get access to these easy, I can’t share my key but they generate a key usually for a company who integrates which sits outside of the home assistant ethos really!

Nice of you for following up on me, no I haven’t heard back from them yet. Just wondering from where you contacted them? I used the main website contact form as well as the portal where I have my inverter statistics and management.
Thank you