Logitech ending production of Harmony Product line

Hello as you might be aware Logitech is ending completely of part of it’s Harmony Business
I think many users in this community are using their products.
Please join myself and sign this petition.
Share in fora of your respective countries.
The more we are the louder our voice.

Thank You

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ask-logitech-to-provide-a-path-forward-for

1 Like

Signed the petition

1 Like

Logitech said they’re going to continue supporting existing remotes for as long as customers are using them. Not sure what more is needed.

"We expect no impact to our customers by this announcement. We plan to support our Harmony community and new Harmony customers, which includes access to our software and apps to set up and manage your remotes. We also plan to continue to update the platform and add devices to our Harmony database. Customer and warranty support will continue to be offered.”

That is what they said. I think it is importnat anyway to have our voice as customers heard loud and clear. In case they want to sell the Business Unit that would also be a good signal for the buyer

You think that Logitech will keep the whole system until the LAST person stopped using it?
hHere will be a moment Logitech pulled out the plugs… Question is, will it be with 100, 500, 1000, 10.000, 100.000 users left using the harmony…

Could you link us to where the posted that please? :slight_smile:

Are there other remote options that work just as well with Home Assistant?

Harmony was my opinion the only remote that work best. Biggest database, nice design, typical Logitech… to bad they stop the production. Hope that other company will jump into this sinkhole and continue this state of art product.

Same, I have one for every room in my house. My oldest is pushing 15 years…no issues. I might pick up another elite while they are still available. Logitech says they will continue to support, but nothing is forever. Hopefully, they go open source. I already started looking around, this looks like a cheap alternative for Home Assistant, the only downside there is no remote. But you can cobble something together with a tablet.

That is also a code learning device, meaning you can repurpose old remotes to control other devices.

2 Likes

It’s a great light device…and CHEAP. I might pick one up just to mess around with.

This news really sucks. For over 10 years I used Harmony remotes and I had no intention of stopping it.
Seems like Logitech fears that HDMI CEC will eliminate the need for a universal remote, but my personal experience with that is really bad.
I hate the thought of needing to take out my mobile phone for being able to watch a movie…

Does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement (other than IR code cloning devices)?
So far I found:
http://www.sofabaton.com/u1.html

https://www.control4.com/o/neeo/

But they seem really hard to find in Europe.
I really love the combination of physical buttons combined with a small screen that harmony has.

There is petition opened to save Harmony:

Wow… nice… a option as replacement for the harmony…

Not really an alternative I believe, you’d have to get a whole Control4 system installed in order to use it.

This is Logitech doing the same as they did to Squeezebox. Except we cannot be sure they will open source the server part this time.

Their promise to support as long as there are users is worth spit. I give it 2 years. Maybe 3. Then they close the servers and you are left with nothing. Corporate greed as one of our favorite Youtubers call it.

I have a harmony linked to both Google, Alexa and Home Assistant. I must say that I never use the remote. I use the control unit that receives and send IR. Mostly it sends.

Instead of using the Logitech remote I have used a Philips Hue 4 button remote change between modes. For my wife and also for myself this is much more straight forward.

It is always there on the coffee table. One press and the many boxes turn on and off to the right modes. Remote connected to deconz that triggers Home Assistant that triggers the Harmony hub.

What Harmony does well is keeping track of what is on and what is off in the different modes. If I change from TV to Chromecast, it knows to keep TV on and change HDMI input, and leave my amplifier on as well. Most IR controlled boxes toggle power so you cannot just turn on a device that is already on.

We can do this in Home Assistant with a little intelligence in our automations, and that is probably what we will have to do within the next few years. I will surely start thinking about setting up my own system with HA. You cannot trust these large companies to support their products and keep the infrastructure. It is being proven again and again that local control is a MUST for us advanced home automation enthusiasts.

1 Like

guys, you seen this? a new conroller launched this month, with HUB!

and open API it seems?

Looks nice… hope they have same options and even better… TV channels list for example. Activities options… etc… I will check the website and see what they have build

it indeeds looks verry promising, i think its the first actual replacement for logitech with hub
and also open api according to faq
and not that expensive it seems? , also 60 days battery