Lovelace Access Unavailable

I just saw a post from another user about being unable to access after a few months of inactivity, and I find myself in the same boat, just slightly different.

A couple of months ago I couldn’t access my setup but haven’t been able to troubleshoot it. I originally thought it was something to do with my SSL certificate from DuckDNS and LetsEncrypt, but I’ve discovered tonight that I can still access my install from outside of my network, it just won’t load from in my network. Also, when I try to access from outside my network, I just get a Lovelace “Unable to Load” view.

I am able to access via SAMBA and SSH. I have tried running hassio homeassistant update which says it’s “processing” then “done” then “Error: Unknown Errror, see logs” which I check, but can’t see anything. I’ve also been getting the same error with hassio homeassistant restart.

Here’s a copy of my logs after a restart. I’ve got my logger set to fatal

Hassio Logs on pastebin

hassio homeassistant info returns the following:

arch: armv7
boot: true
custom: false
image: homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant
ip_address: xxx.xx.xx.x
last_version: 0.104.3
machine: raspberrypi4
port: 8123
ssl: true
version: 0.103.6
wait_boot: 600
watchdog: true

Any help would be much appreciated. I’ve done a lot of work on it so I don’t want to have to do a full re-install if I don’t have to, however I do have backups I can restore if need be.