Lovelace: Add deep press (3D touch) to existing cards

It doesn’t do it on popup cards, only when navigating to other views.

Yeah i cant reproduce it either… I had @jimz011 issues in earlier version but 1.2.1 fixed them.

Ahh there might be something else going on then, could you post a minimal config example for me to try out?

Yes I will post one later on. Though the tap_action not working at all seems to be related to iOS 13

For the click after a deeppress I will share you the code later on.

Ok I have found something else @roflcoopter it only does the tap_action after a deep_press with cards that are not custom:button-card. Also tap_action is only not working on that same card. All other cards which are not button-card work fine with a tap_action (though it still clicks on cards that have tap_action working).

I am pretty sure it is an iOS 13 problem, and I think it is related to this problem:

I just pushed a new release which includes the code from button-card to get around this issue. I dont have an iOS13 device to test on tho.

Unfortunately it is still the same with the new version :frowning:

It’s ok, I assume you will update your phone next month, so you will see the iOS 13 problems soon enough :laughing::joy:
. Thanks for the hard work though!

@jimz011/@roflcoopter - I have been dealing with this issue myself. I only found this issue after updating to the latest beta of iOS (DB8).

I find pretty much the same findings as @jimz011. I want to add also though that before I found your discussions here I had assumed it was another issue with iOS13 Beta and Button card and not this card. So with this thought I downgraded the button card to version 2.0. When I did that I everything worked again (except I sometimes have the double press again now). I had not realized it was also related to the deep press card.

With this new information I upgraded my button-card back to the latest and the issue came back. I then removed deep-press: true from the card I am having issues with and it no longer is broken now.

Infuriating… I’m going to have a look this coming weekend. Need to set up some kind of emulator so i can test on iOS13. Thanks for the patience

It’s no problem for me I can wait =) I just wanted to provide additional details in case they help. We all appreciate the work!

i could not find what type is to install with HACS is it integration or plug in
i tried both but i get the message
Validation for roflcoopter/deep-press failed with GitHub returned 404 for https://api.github.com/repos/roflcoopter/deep-press/contents/custom_components.
can someone help
thanks

URL looks funky, try this: https://github.com/roflcoopter/deep-press

I just pushed a new beta release, hoping it will fix the issues.
However, i still havent been able to test it on iOS13, but i have tested it extensively on PC/iOS12 and in theory i think it should work for iOS13 aswell unless there is something really weird going on which i have overlooked.
@jimz011, @thmry, @shauder could you take a look and see if its working for you?

Tested it, tap_action still isn’t working on custom:button-card, it does work on core cards though just like other versions of 2.x do. Unfortunately it still throws a tap_action after a deep_press.

No hurries @roflcoopter I don’t think I speak only for myself if I say we already love the effort you have already put into this. iOS 13 will be released next month. I am guessing you will want to update to iOS 13 and I am pretty sure you will find the problems when you experience them yourself.

I have gone back to 1.1.1b which is the last known working version for me (I am on the latest iOS 13 beta btw).

Thank you very much for taking the time to try to resolve this. I really appreciate it.

@roflcoopter I’m on iOS 12.4.1, Home Assistant 0.97.2 and Deep Press 1.2.3b1. Works perfectly fine!

Edit: Upgraded Home Assistant to 0.98.2. Everything still working great.

thanks @roflcoopter i tried again but it did not work for me but i installed it manually and it work this is awesome its working perfect on all cards in IOS 12.4

@roflcoopter I wonder, did you update to iOS 13 yet? If yes I am sure you have found the problems I am facing (mentioned a few posts earlier).

Sorry for being quiet on this.
Yes I have updated and I have resolved most of the issues, one still remain.
I’ll release a beta version in a few days which I’m gonna need some testing on.

New beta release 1.2.3b3
This release should fix most issues that started occuring with iOS13.
It has only been tested on iOS13.1 beta on an iPhone X. Appreciate any other combination of devices/OS to test.
Thanks to @jimz011 for sparking my interest by poking me to work on this again :wink:

I switched to the 11 pro so I no longer have 3D touch but it makes me wonder if this can still be used with ‘haptic’ touch and if it can differentiate from long press.