Lovelace: Add deep press (3D touch) to existing cards

I believe it does. So yes this addon will still make sense to non 3d touch iphones. Not a 100% sure though but I believe it works practically the same.

@roflcoopter I have updated it to the latest version and so far so good. Seems to be working better than 1.1.1b did. I will try out some more and report problems on the way. But so far it is looking good.

Would love if you could try and see what happens on the 11!

So it looks like it works. I got home to try it and it basically adds long press/hold action fade on mobile. One phones with 3D touch you can open it slightly faster. It also makes long press more visually appealing and functional. Doesnā€™t break anything on the desktop or otherwise.

@roflcoopter so everything is working great now. Your latest update is really great. However I ran into a problem, a problem that has to do with browser-mod. Popup cards are deprecated so I wanted to switch to browser-mod instead.

However when deep-press is enabled the popup cards (with browser-mod) do not work. It will trigger the action but nothing happens. I think it has to do something with the fact that to use popup cards with browser-mod you will have to call a service.

If deep_press: false it works as it should. Could (and would) you take a look at that please? Thanks a lot @roflcoopter your mod is amazing!

1 Like

@jimz011 Do you mind providing me with a minimal config example?
Happy to help!

Donā€™t have one this quickly, but I will try to remember:

- type: custom:decluttering-card
  template: button
  variables:
    - entity: light.test
    - hold_action:
        action: call-service
        service: browser_mod.command
        service_data:
          command: popup
          title: Popup example
          card:
            type: entities
            entities:
              - light.bed_light
              - light.kitchen_lights
              - light.ceiling_lights
          deviceID:
            - this
            - dashboard

This does work fine when having deep-press: false. The reason I ask this is because popup-cards (which I currently use) are deprecated now and browser_mod is its replacement. Though if it does not work with deep_press it would be a shame :joy::rofl: because deep_press is awesome!

Iā€™ll have a look tomorrow!

I used the action part, and it is working fine for me on both Windows and iOS13
Could you provide the full config, including the decluttering template?

I have also experienced this.

Terribly sorry, Didnā€™t have the time yet. I will send you the code soon!

1 Like

What version of iOS and what device are you using?

Ios 13.1.2 on an iPhone x

I am on iOS 13.2 iphone X as well. I will share my code within a few hours when I get home.

I also experienced this issueā€¦ Is there any solution? When I depressed on the button cards with browser_mod.popup nothings come outā€¦

hello, did you find any solutionā€¦?

I found out that if i use hold action to call a service for example : light toggle or browser_mod.popup, deep press will blur the background and nothing happen, but if i continues to hold a little longer, it will show a small blue circle look like the orginal home assistant hold action 's blue circle when you do to hold action, then it can success call that service.

I have been waiting on getting a config example, Iā€™m gonna see if I can figure it out with the help of your post.

Sorry for the long delay

Actually it is entirely my bad!!! I have completely forgotten about this :frowning:. Example config will come within a few hours. My apologies!

I think i figured it out. Iā€™ll package a release in a few hours