Lovelace: Add deep press (3D touch) to existing cards

Sounds awesome, I am truly sorry for the massive delay. I fully take the blame :joy::rofl:

New release 1.2.3b4
This issue aims to (finally) resolve the issues with services not firing.
@jimz011, @horacecar, @teachingbirds mind taking a look?

Are there any other features you feel would be nice to have?

3 Likes

I will have a look when I get the time, however Iā€™m not sure when thatā€™ll be.

Sorry, didnā€™t see the message. thanks for the update!!! it already can fire the hold even.! Very grateful with that.

And i found out that, I used to use the old version of ā€œ1.1.1.b1ā€, after you updated to ā€œ1.2.0ā€, then i cannot swipe to left or right page on the button card with Compact Custom Header on the button card, but when i swipe to left or right on the background, it can.

Okay, here is my config, just 3 simple button, because all of my button made by button card, it cannot swipe anymore when i updated to the latest version. Before i put the config (deep_press: true) on the button card , it still can use the swipe function, but after i put (deep_press: true), it failā€¦

type: horizontal-stack
cards:
- type: 'custom:button-card'
- color_type: card
- color: 'rgb(223, 255, 97)'
- icon: 'mdi:volume-plus'
- styles:
- - card:
- - - height: 200px
- deep_press: true
- tap_action:
- - action: call-service
- - service: media_player.volume_up
- - service_data:
- - - entity_id: media_player.livimg_room_speaker
- icon: 'mdi:volume-plus'
- styles:
- - card:
- tap_action:
- - service: media_player.volume_up
- - service_data:
- icon: 'mdi:volume-minus'
- styles:
- - card:
- tap_action:
- - service: media_player.volume_down
- - service_data:

I tested tonight, all the version you released only the first two version 1.1.1.b1 and 1.1.0.b1 can swipe on the button card with my example, after Version 1.1.1.b1, all the release cannot do that.

@roflcoopter I have finally come around testing your update and it works perfectly fine. Thanks for the amazing job, I can finally make the move from popup cards to browser-mod. Thanks again.

1 Like

First of all, thanks for the detailed example! Makes it a lot easier to track down. However, this is a tough one. Not sure Iā€™ll be able to sort it out but Iā€™ll do my best.

Thankyouā€¦haha. On my side two of the old version 1.1.1.b1 and 1.1.0.b1 still can use the 3D touch toggle and swipe function on the button-card,everything is fine even ios 13.1 on iphone xs max, but just cannot fire the even when i do the hold action on the button-card. Normally when i hold the button will fire a script for example( ir remote or a automation),or browser_mod.popup ,but after i put deep_press= true. Then when i hold the button ,the background just getting blurā€¦, the tricky points should be between version1.2 and 1.1.1b1. Hope this information will help! Thanks again!

@ roflcoopter

Hello roflcoopter , Is thereā€™s any updated lol ? I am facing exactly the same issue hereā€¦

I havent had the time sadly, Iā€™ll try to squeeze it in tomorrow

Okay. Thanks again!!! By the way, I really loveā€‹:heart: your designā€‹:joy::joy::joy:.

Is there any luck can solve the puzzleā€‹:joy::flushed:?

1.2.3b5
@horacecar @banllon2008
First of all, sorry for the massive delay on this.
This version should allow you to use swiper-card, and also to swipe between views with custom-compact-header.
In order to accomplish this i had to come up with a very hacky solution, so please let me know if any other issues arise because of this.

Again, sorry for the long wait.

:scream: omg. Thanks a lot. Please donā€™t be,I am really grateful, i will test it . Thanks again for your nice great design!!!

just canĀ“t get it to work.
used HACS to insall and added it to resources.
using an iPhone X on iOS13.2.2

type: 'custom:button-card'
deep_press: true
entity: light.gang
hold_action:
  action: more-info
name: test

Hmm, does it work if you remove deep_press: true? Any errors in HA log?

yes, it works without deep_press: true. hold for more info works.
also no errors in the log.

custom components i use:
browser mod
climate group
HACS
banner card
button card
compact custom header
multiple entity row
xiaomi vacuum card
mini graph card
simple thermostat
simple weather card
text divider row
unused card
vertical stack in card
weather card

EDIT: i removed everything but button-card and deep-press from resources and restarted. still doesnĀ“t work. so i guess itĀ“s not another plugin thatĀ“s causing it.

Do you have card-tools installed? Just realized I forgot to mention in the docs that this is required

just installed it. works now. thanks, great stuff! :slight_smile:

Great! Iā€™ll make sure to clarify this in the docs. Thanks.