Lovelace and zwave thermostat

I’d love to use the new termostat card with the lovelace UI and my thermostat but I can’t figure out how to set that upper and lower ranges. All the examples I see reference the nest or ecobee which show up as a single climate entry but my zwave thermostat shows up as two climate entries (one cooling and one heating).

Is there a way to either combine the heating and cooling down to a single climate entry (found this question that’s not been answered) or to specify multiple climate entries in the lovelace ui component.

1 Like

I had to use a conditional card to determine heat or cool and display the right climat entity card

1 Like

My thermostats are all zwave also. And they just would not work at all with built in zwave in HA when i installed them. So they are running via mqtt through my old smartthings. Would love to get some of the new lovelace stuff too.

Can you please post your code for your conditional on that thermostat? I can’t seem to get my card to show up.

Since my original post and question I found this customer lovelace card that handles my zwave thermostat very well. Handles dual heat and cool entities and, even handles auto mode settings

Here is what I did:

type: conditional
conditions:
  - entity: climate.upstairs_cooling_setpoint
    state: cool
card:
  type: thermostat
  entity: climate.upstairs_cooling_setpoint
type: conditional
conditions:
  - entity: climate.upstairs_heating_setpoint
    state: heat