Home Assistant Community

Lovelace and zwave thermostat

lovelace
zwave
configuration
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f374d533028> #<Tag:0x00007f374d532df8> #<Tag:0x00007f374d532bf0>

I’d love to use the new termostat card with the lovelace UI and my thermostat but I can’t figure out how to set that upper and lower ranges. All the examples I see reference the nest or ecobee which show up as a single climate entry but my zwave thermostat shows up as two climate entries (one cooling and one heating).

Is there a way to either combine the heating and cooling down to a single climate entry (found this question that’s not been answered) or to specify multiple climate entries in the lovelace ui component.

0 Likes

I had to use a conditional card to determine heat or cool and display the right climat entity card

1 Like

My thermostats are all zwave also. And they just would not work at all with built in zwave in HA when i installed them. So they are running via mqtt through my old smartthings. Would love to get some of the new lovelace stuff too.

0 Likes

Can you please post your code for your conditional on that thermostat? I can’t seem to get my card to show up.

0 Likes

Since my original post and question I found this customer lovelace card that handles my zwave thermostat very well. Handles dual heat and cool entities and, even handles auto mode settings

0 Likes

Here is what I did:

type: conditional
conditions:
  - entity: climate.upstairs_cooling_setpoint
    state: cool
card:
  type: thermostat
  entity: climate.upstairs_cooling_setpoint
type: conditional
conditions:
  - entity: climate.upstairs_heating_setpoint