Lovelace: Button card

What happens if you open devtools, choose the pointer in the upper left, hover over where the buttons should be, and click? See any odd HTML/CSS? Screenshots welcome.

@deliwyn It stopped working again after the latest updates. I have to dig further, but I don’t think my script stays ‘on’ once it’s triggered, so the button changes color, then goes back. I need to dig into it more, but it’s not on the top of my list right now.

1 Like

I’m not really sure what I should even be looking for. I’m not really familiar with html/css syntax

@gabrielmiranda mind sharing your config?

What do you need?

Here is the button code:

- entity: binary_sensor.desktop_gabriel_power_status
        haptic: selection
        name: Computador
        show_entity_picture: true
        size: 60%
        state:
          - entity_picture: /local/img/icones/pc-on.png
            value: 'on'
          - entity_picture: /local/img/icones/pc-off.png
            value: 'off'
        styles:
          card:
            - height: 7em
        tap_action:
          action: call-service
          service: browser_mod.popup
          service_data:
            card:
              cards: null
              type: vertical-stack
        type: 'custom:button-card'

The binary_sensor.desktop_gabriel_power_status is an MQTT sensor created by MQTT Discovery

I was here thinking and I maybe shouldn’t use OFF but something like disabled.

Off image:

On image:

@yoni3210 - sure, no problem - Clean Tile-Based Lovelace UI - only 2 cards needed!

Love those icons. Where can I get them?

Thanks

Here: https://thenounproject.com/

Those are Font Awesome icons (the light variant).

@KTibow Is there anything that I can do to help you troubleshoot? Sorry I was not any help on the HTML/CSS stuff

Sorry, I forgot to do it :frowning:
If you go into HA’s developer tools, what is the state when it is off? Also does the image exist?

The two cards in the example use different icons and they are available, but all of the elements fail to show up. This also is only happening on Chrome on Windows and Fully Kiosk on Android. The iOS app and Fully Kiosk on Fire OS are working fine.

When the cards don’t show the state for cover.garage door is “closed” and for binary_sensor.door_basement is “off”

It seems more related to stack-in-card than button-card.
Did you try without it?

Same question, are you running this inside a stack-in-card?

Yeap… i did. Same problem. The strange thing is that it worked perfectly before a couple of updates.

I can confirm that it is related to the stack-in-card. I temporarily switched to a vertical-stack-in-card and problem resolved itself. I then reverted back to the stack-in-card and the problem persisted. I then commented out the following lines, still using the stack-in-card and the problem resolved itself. Commenting out either border_radius or margin or both resolves the problem.

keep:
  background: true
  # border_radius: true
  # margin: true
type: 'custom:stack-in-card'

Hi,

after updating to 0.114 my tap_action doesnt work anymore, i have a call-server as action that needs to run a script when i hit on the button but nothing happens. When i go back to 0.112.3 it works fine, any idea why?

You can find my code below.

- type: custom:button-card
            icon: mdi:fan
            name: 'Low'
            tap_action:
              action: call-service
              service: script.woonkamer_fan_min
            state:
              - operator: template
                value: >
                    [[[ if (states['sensor.woonkamer_fan_speed'].state == 'Min') return 'on' ; ]]]
                spin: true

Does your script work on 0.114?

@RomRider Should I move this issue to the stack-in-card thread since it seems to be related to that?

Uh checked everything except that, stupid me. So yes its not an issue with button card but the script stopped working.

Good evening I need a lot of help, I saw the realization of LbDAB that I am attaching I tried to understand how to load the files on my home assistant but without success is there anyone who can help me? I would like to accomplish such a thing on one page. On the LbDab wiki page there are files and what you need but not a technical explanation of how they should be loaded and what makes me even more doubtful is the location of these files in the home assistant.