Lovelace Code Editor Too Narrow

Apologies if I’m the only one who didn’t know this, but this is one of those things where once you know, you’ll use it all the time.

I spent most of yesterday revamping my dashboard, the root card of each element is a custom card which doesn’t have a visual editor. By default the window in which you edit is often narrower than its contents so I spent hours frustratingly scrolling the contents of said window.

Today while making some changes I did something (at the time I didn’t know what) and a wide version suddenly appeared! I eventually realised that if you left click on the title of the editing window (Grid Card Configuration in screenshot below) it will toggle between normal and wide, Duh!!

As I said, apologies if this is common knowledge but I’m sure it will help someone. Regardless, I’m quite pleased with myself. :smiley:

Cheers :partying_face:

Narrow

Wide

1 Like

Wow … stunning thing. I wasn’t aware of that and pretty annoyed about that small editing window since more but a year now. I even asked about that issues without getting a single reply.

Wonder when this got implemented … perhaps years ago? If so … poorly implemented. Windowed systems normally present some sort of toggle icon in the top right edge to make this feature visible to the users.

1000 thanks for pointing this out, you get the hero of the day award from my side :smiley:

1 Like

All pop-up cards expand to a wide version when the header is clicked.