Lovelace: Forked daapd card

Hello

Did you used ngix to proxy the web socket?
May I asked to you share the configuration?

Thanks

No I never could figure it out - In the app I just chose to use the http url when I was connected to my local wifi and https when I was outside the house. It was fine since you kinda donā€™t need that much of a control of the sound system when you are not home.

But as you can see in my latest post the plugin is broken for me so iĀ“m back to square one

Wait: is there a way to choose where connected? It is interesting: I need to use the plugin only when I am at home. Do you have a guide to how do it?
If you donā€™t have quickly, I will search myself

Thanks
Claudio

Its really easy if you are using iOS.

Just open the app and chose what internal and external urls to use.

Please let me know if the on/off toggle is working for you (see my post from november 4th)

Ok, you mean the app as mobile app.
I have the Android oneā€¦ But I understand the sense of your consideration

Thanks again

1 Like

They might have removed the switch UI component the card relied on from HA, Iā€™ll have a look.

Thereā€™s an android app now but idk if that functionality is available there though.
What you could do is navigating to the local HA url in chrome add add it to your homescreen.

Yeah, that seems to have been the case home-assistant/home-assistant-polymer/pull/3683.

Iā€™ve adopted the new switch component and that should hopefully solve it, let me know!

Awesome thanks!

That did the trick :smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s working again.Thank you very much.

1 Like

Hi @kalkih, Iā€™m working on an HA integration for forked-daapd. If you have time you can take a look and see if you want any other features implemented for use with your frontends (either this one or Mini Media Player).
The PR is here:

1 Like

Hi @kalkih,
Thanks for your effort with this card!
I am trying to get it to work, but havenā€™t succeeded so far. The card just does not show up, with no warning or errors that I can find anywhere:

I have added a standard media card using MPD and that is working.
The relevant sections of my configuration.yaml:

lovelace:
  mode: yaml
media_player:
  - platform: mpd
    host: 192.168.0.111
    port: 6600
    name: forked-daapd
frontend:
  themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes
  javascript_version: latest

and my ui-lovelace.yaml:

resources:
  - url: /local/forked-daapd-card.js?v=0.0.2
    type: module
views:
  - badges: []
    cards:
      - entity: media_player.kodi
        type: media-control
      - type: media-control
        entity: media_player.forked_daapd
      - type: "custom:forked-daapd-card"
        entity: media_player.forked-daapd
        ip: "192.168.0.111"
        name: Multiroom
    icon: 'mdi:sofa'

and finally what I believe to be the relevant section of my forked-daapd.conf:

general {
	# Websocket port for the web interface.
	websocket_port = 3688
}

I am using docker with linuxserver.io image. The web interface claims it was compiled with websockets support.

I have tried clearing the browser cache, but that hasnā€™t helped.
Also tried with both Google Chrome and Firefox.

Am I missing something obvious?

just an update for anybody getting the ā€˜custom card not found errorā€™:
The current (~0.109.x) way of adding Lovelace resources is via Configuration-> Lovelace Dashboards -> Resources. You can see all your HACS cards added there and you can also add the forked-daapd card there.
It took me 2 hours to realize it :slight_smile:

Hi,

Just installed the card but I miss some information (see screenshot)

Any idea what might cause this (Iā€™m running the latest production versions of all related software)

Nobody who is experiencing this issue with .115.x?

Hi! Iā€™m having quite similar issue with buttons in header. They work, but also not showing. Luckily i can toggle outputs with a slide switchforked-daapd-card-missing-buttons

Issue is still the same in 116.4

Anybody knows how to troubleshoot this, ik looks like the card isnā€™t supported by the designer anymore

Thanks,
Rien

Is there any update on this? Or is there another forked daapd or owntone card available?