Lovelace: Mini Media Player

This is an amazing piece of code! Family has been using it on the regular with our Sonos system.

I tried to get fancy and used auto-entity card to show playing zones.

card:
  show_header_toggle: false
  title: Music Playing
  type: entities
filter:
  exclude:
    - state: paused
    - state: idle
    - state: unavailable
  include:
    - domain: media_player
show_empty: false
type: 'custom:auto-entities'

but I added one player, my office, in the exclude section

- entity_id: media_player.myoffice

Though it worked perfectly in not showing my playing zone, every 2-5 minutes the zone would pause all on itā€™s own. The log simply showed that the zone was paused, but no user associated with the pause, nor was there any automations or events or scenes that even referenced this player.

I went and deleted the exclude and I havenā€™t had a pause in 45 minutes.

This is probably not a mini media player issue, more likely an auto-entity card problem, but figured Iā€™d post this in case someone else has the same issue.

G

1 Like

thanks. so for this to work, need premium, and also that spotify integration, right?

Oh, I thought you were using the Spotify integration, what media player are you trying to do this on?
The Spotify integration is the only media player integration that Iā€™m aware of which supports Spotify URIs through the play_media service.

I am trying to play spotify songs on my echo dot which is integrated using Echo Devices (Alexa) as Media Player - Testers Needed.

Hello I am a new user of Home Assistant and was just wondering if this was possibleā€¦
It probably is and is easy to set up but iā€™m struggling to find a solution that works for me.

I have set up the spotify integration, as well as the yamaha integration.
So I have two media players ā€¦ media_player.yamaha_receiver and media_player.spotify_

How do I get spotify to play on the yamaha receiver?? (The Yamaha Receiver has spotify connect built-in)

Iā€™ve managed to get spotify to play on the current device showing home assistant UI, but not on the Yamaha. Iā€™m sure this is really easy i just cant get round the YAML needed to achieve thisā€¦ :frowning:

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to the community forum :slight_smile:
Have a look at this post. It may help you.

Hey Guys,

can anyone help me to get my TuneIn Button to work ? If I press it nothing happens.

artwork: cover
entity: media_player.bad_2
hide:
  icon: true
  power: true
name: Bad
power_color: true
show_progress: true
shortcuts:
  columns: 4
  buttons:
    - icon: 'mdi:radio'
      type: TUNEIN
      id: RADIO BOB!
speaker_group:
  entities:
    - entity_id: media_player.bad_2
      name: Sonos Bad
    - entity_id: media_player.bad
      name: Sonos KĆ¼che
  platform: sonos
  show_group_count: true
type: 'custom:mini-media-player'

Hi,
I have integrated Amazonā€™s Fire Stick into Home Assistant, but when I see movies on Amazon Prime Video the mini media player goes black and does not show the images.

Also, when I use Kodi, images are shown static every 5-10 seconds and not as a video stream, is this normal?

Do you mean the cover images ?
If so theres an update coming but I dont know when. It will hopefully fix the cover image issues.

Unfortunately, I canā€™t find the Mini Media Player in the HACS repository. Any idea what I do wrong. Should be straight forward.
Go to HACS, go to Integration, click +, then in search ā€œminiā€ thatā€™s it?

It is not an integration, it is a lovelace card.

So I should find it in frontend? But I didā€™nt?

found it - soory being an newbie :relaxed:

now I can see it under resources at the lovelace dashboard tab. But how can I get it on tab of my dashboard?

By clicking ā€œadd cardā€ (the big plus) when editing the UI.

yes but the mini player is not available on the menu there

It is a custom card, you need to click where it says

Need to add a custom card or just want to manually write the yaml?

type the details in.

Iā€™m an absolute beginner in this yaml stuff, no idea. used all the ā€œwisiwigā€ thins in HASS up to now.
Second problem my installation is in german so I have always to search the equivanlentā€¦
Am I at least in the right direction

Try reading this thread for examples, but I suggest you start with

type: custom:mini-media-player
entity: media_player.kitchen

thank you very much, so I have a start at least and going to search through the thread.