Lovelace: Mini Media Player

LMS is great.

2 Likes

I thought it was multiroom because the platform is ā€œmedia_player.ā€
I have some groups in Google home but they would make many entities to make all the combinations.
Thanks for the information @ ASNNetworks

What is LMS? @ nickrout

Logitech Media Server.

1 Like

LMS is multi-platform, open-source, and under constant development. It beats the pants off any commercial offering. Sonos, in comparison, is second rate.
I run it in a jail on TrueNAS, alongside HA, MQTT, TasmoAdmin, and a few others. The players are RaspberryPis running PiCore Player with a DAC HAT into self-made active speakers. Absolutely superb.

3 Likes

For anyone interested, I updated my media_player card (where I use this amazing mini media player, in combination with picture-elements and button-card). Full code and explanation :point_right: Fully loaded media player card (picture-elements project) - #79 by ASNNetworks

Warning, since itā€™s inside a picture-element some features do not work properly, like changing sources or shortcut buttons because they expand the card.

Feel free to use and alter to your own liking!

6 Likes

Is there any way to set custom artwork for when a media_player is idle?

Hi,

I am using mini media player with my yamaha speakers, everything is working fine. But I would like to set up one thing. When I press power button on right corner It will turn off/on whole group of speakers. Now only master speaker is turned on (but other speakers are also playing). Is there any wat how to do it?

entities:
  - type: custom:mini-media-player
    shortcuts:
      columns: 4
      buttons:
        - name: Fun
          type: script
          id: script.yamaha_radio_funradioh
          icon: mdi:radio
        - name: Express
          id: script.yamaha_radio_expressh
        - name: Vlna
          id: script.yamaha_radio_vlnah
        - name: Jemne
          id: script.yamaha_radio_jemneh
    group: true
    entity: media_player.handymade_sklad
    name: Handymade
    toggle_power: false
    artwork: cover
    artwork_border: true
    hide:
      icon: true
      power_state: false
    speaker_group:
      platform: media_player
      expanded: false
      show_group_count: false
      entities:
        - entity_id: media_player.handymade_sklad
          name: Sklad
        - entity_id: media_player.handy_oleje
          name: Oleje
        - entity_id: media_player.handymade_kuchynka
          name: Kuchynka
    name: Sklad
    hide:
      controls: true
      progress: true
      source: true
      info: true
    entity: media_player.handymade_sklad
    name: Oleje
    hide:
    entity: media_player.handy_oleje
    name: Kuchynka
    hide:
    entity: media_player.handymade_kuchynka

That button controls the entity declared in the mini-media-player. According tot the docs you canā€™t change the behavior of the button. So only use it as a poweron/off/toggle for the entity declared. What you could do is use the Shortcut buttons to create two buttons with each itā€™s own script (that you need to create), one to turn on all the media_players and one to turn them all off.

This should give you two Shortcut buttons that are tied to scripts you create, that turns on/off all media_players.

@ASNNetworks @Filip_Kotian or wrap the underlying media player in a universal media player where you can control the state and turn on/off functions. I think it can work too.

Yes correct, great tip. I have one myself for some use cases. You just simply need to declare the power on/off commands in the universal media player, like this:

commands:
      turn_on:
        service: media_player.turn_on
        data:
          entity_id: 
            - media_player.office
            - media_player.bedroom
            - media_player.bathroom
            - media_player.kitchen
            - media_player.living
      turn_off:
        service: media_player.turn_off
        data:
          entity_id: 
            - media_player.office
            - media_player.bedroom
            - media_player.bathroom
            - media_player.kitchen
            - media_player.living

This will send the turn on and off command to all entities.

Iā€™m a little desperate, Iā€™m already struggling hours to play spotify lists without succesā€¦

I made a simple card :

name: Spotify
group: false
hide:
  volume: false
shortcuts:
  columns: 2
  buttons:
    - name: Playlist 1
      type: playlist
      id: >-
        spotify:user:36xxxxc0:playlist:5Hhy6aY14moTgmI146oVcC?si=7d81567306824658
    - name: Playlist 2
      type: playlist
      id: >-
        spotify:user:36xxxxc0:playlist:1T9A026P65S3k335NTTfCy?si=eacbbc8d019c4873
type: custom:mini-media-player
entity: media_player.nest_hub_living

When I push the button my nest hub wakes up and the bleu streaming icon is displayed, but I donā€™t get any sound.

Just to check I put a Media Control Card on the dashboard. When I play spotify on my computer, the song is displayed in that Media Control Card.

I suppose there must be something wrong in the implementation of spotify or another configuration issue, but I really donā€™t know what.

Please help me out of thisā€¦

Is it possible to include volume slider for the individual speakers here? Just below the master

mini.PNG

type: custom:mini-media-player
hide:
  power: true
speaker_group:
  platform: sonos
  show_group_count: true
  entities:
    - entity_id: media_player.office
      name: Sonos Kontor
    - entity_id: media_player.stue_oppe
      name: Sonos Tv-stue
    - entity_id: media_player.kitchen
      name: Sonos KjĆøkken
    - entity_id: media_player.sonos_roam
      name: Sonos Bad
    - entity_id: media_player.stue_nede
      name: Sonos Stue
    - entity_id: media_player.bad
      name: Sonos Soverom
entities:
    entity: media_player.multiroom_player
    source: icon
    info: short
    hide:
      volume: true
      power: true
    entity: media_player.lounge
    hide:
    entity: media_player.kitchen
    hide:
    entity: media_player.sonos_roam
    hide:
group: false
volume_stateless: false
entity: media_player.office

Mini media player card is just a card, nothing more. It canā€™t so stuff that HA canā€™t do on itā€™s own. Your issue is not related to this card.

Youā€™re trying to play Spotify to a Google Nest through Chromecast, which is not natively possible. You canā€™t send a Spotify url to Chromecast. You either need to use the Spotify integration and then send music to Spotify Connected speakers (so NOT Chromecast). Or install a custom component called spotcast (install through HACS), which allows you to play Spotify songs/playlists through Chromecast. It has some drawbacks (like music interrupting every hour because of expiring tokens, I believe this is still the case).

Make sure you read the README of spotcast, it isnā€™t plug and play and requires you to retrieve tokens etc.

TL;DR: Spotify app on your computer acts like a Spotify Connect speaker which is why it shows up. Chromecast is not a Spotify Connect speaker, so wonā€™t work with Spotify integration. Use spotcast custom component to play on Chromecast.

1 Like

Tromperie
I not that along with nickrout you sing the praises of LMS. I have just tried an install and have had early success. Iā€™m stuck trying to get spotify (premium) setup. Iā€™m only asking in this forum as it seems you may be using the same hardware? My server is running on truenas 12.0-U5.1
Pat

Hey Pat,
I have TrueNAS Core, now 12.7 bc I aggressively update, but had Spotify Premium working on an earlier version about 12 months ago.

You need to go to Settings and install the plugin, along with, I think, whatever dependencies. Once installed (and perhaps restarted), click on the plugin settings and enter the username and password. I donā€™t recall it being any more difficult than that.

If you have any problems, you could PM me.

Is there a variable for active button colour?
I have buttons for source and the attribute: source configured, however my buttons arenā€™t coloured based on the active source (nest speakers).

I was wondering if there was a variable to change the active button colour or if there is a way to figure out why my active source isnā€™t changing the colour of the active button.

Thanks!

Trying to get this to work sony braviaā€¦ using the following.

- type: 'custom:mini-media-player'
      items_classes: 'col-xs-12 col-md-12 col-lg-6 col-xl-6'
      artwork: full-cover
      entity: media_player.sony_bravia_tv
      power_color: true
      shortcuts:
        hide_when_off: true
        buttons:
          - icon: 'mdi:netflix'
            id: Netflix
            type: tvshow
          - icon: 'mdi:arrow-up-bold'
            id: Up
          - icon: 'mdi:youtube'
            id: YouTube
          - icon: 'mdi:arrow-left-bold'
            id: Left
          - icon: 'mdi:circle'
            id: Confirm
          - icon: 'mdi:arrow-right-bold'
            id: Right
          - icon: 'mdi:keyboard-return'
            id: Return
          - icon: 'mdi:arrow-down-bold'
            id: Down
          - icon: 'mdi:home-circle'
            id: Home
          - icon: 'mdi:play-circle-outline'
            id: Play
          - icon: 'mdi:pause-circle-outline'
            id: Pause
          - icon: 'mdi:stop-circle-outline'
            id: Stop
        columns: 3
      volume: true
      volume_stateless: true

But get this error:
Logger: frontend.js.latest.
Source: components/system_log/init.py:189
First occurred: 10:26:59 PM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:29:21 PM

/hacsfiles/button-card/button-card.js?hacstag=146194325342:1:0 NotSupportedError: CustomElementRegistry.define: ā€˜button-card-action-handlerā€™ has already been defined as a custom element

I have also tried using the devloper tools to no avail but if I use the built in media player I can chang sources.

Trying to learn thanks!

Meanwhile I already did the installation of spotcast and it works fine with the custom:spotify-card.

I donā€™t have spotify connected speakers, only chromecasts. Does this mean that the only possibility to listen to spotify is the custom:spotify-card (even if Iā€™m already very happy like it is :wink:). Is it for example possible to make an automatisation to play a certain spotify playlist at a certain time ?

Itā€™s all in the readme, with full examples: GitHub - fondberg/spotcast: Home assistant custom component to start Spotify playback on an idle chromecast device as well as control spotify connect devices

Spotcast is an integration (custom component) and creates a new service. Which you can use with automations, scrips, front end actions (service calls) just like any other service (like turning a light on).

For further questions you should visit the Community thread (the link in my post you responed to). I donā€™t use Spotcast anymore, but many do so they can help you out there.