Lovelace: Mini Media Player

@noname That must be very frustrating for you considering about 14,000 other people have successfully installed it.

All I can suggest is that you read the instructions more closely and try again.

Or, provide some details on what you have done and what is actually going wrong so we can help.

• ok
    • component error

I have no idea what you expect people can do with a reply like: ‘ok’ and ‘component error’. I apologise in advance if I come across as harsh. But please understand, people are here on their free time and sharing stuff without expecting anything in return.

I have the feeling you’re not taking the time to read the documentation of the cards. It’s easy to reply with ‘it doesn’t work’. But you wont get anywhere that way if you want people to help you. Explain what doesn’t work, what you’re doing and share your code etc.

If you don’t understand something you can always ask for help. People are very willing to help in the community. But of you’re not willing to take the time to understand, it will be a frustrating experience for you (and others).

Well, first of all: that error has nothing to do with my solution.

Secondly, you’re using the resources completely wrong which is why you’re getting the error. Please read the documentation so you’re using it properly: https://www.home-assistant.io/lovelace/dashboards-and-views/

As you can see at the very top there, this is the way resources need to be formatted (when using YAML mode)

lovelace:
  mode: yaml
  resources:
    - url: /local/my-custom-card.js
      type: module
    - url: /local/my-webfont.css
      type: css

no, I’m following exactly the author’s lead.

No, you’re clearly not since you’re not adding the resources correctly. You’re adding it as an integration, but it should be part of lovelace configuration, as you can see in my example. Please just read the documentation so you understand how resources and Lovelace works.

no, no, I follow exactly the instructions of the author

Allrighty, best of luck then :slightly_smiling_face:

it seems that presenting instructions and advice Moderators in the puzzle is a very popular discipline here

noname you’re only having problems with that cc? because since I updated to 0.114 I have problems with various cc

The instructions clearly say:

Add a reference to mini-media-player-bundle.js inside your

configuration.yaml

or through the Home Assistant UI from the resource tab.

(emphasis mine).

ASNNetworks showed you how to do this correctly in yaml:

lovelace:
  mode: yaml
  resources:
    - url: /local/my-custom-card.js
      type: module

Though the much easier way is to use the UI (configuration / dashboards / resources, +).

Continue to ignore this advice and you will continue to have the same problem.

1 Like

I’m already used to humiliation from the moderators of this forum
layman’s looking for help really hard

I’m not trying to humiliate you I’m trying to get you to follow the advice you have been given.

EDIT: Mods take harassment very seriously around here and there is zero evidence of harassment by anyone, let alone Mods, in your post history.

That’s all I understand. and that’s all. Show player on UI can not …

ufff
at the moment I do not care at all “where” but “how”

I have found installation via HACS to be easy. It adds the resources for you. All you have to do is add a card to lovelace.

Thank you for the first human, concise, understandable reaction and real “advice”.

Lets see if it works first :slight_smile:

I don’t understand this information…