Lovelace more then one Custom cards for one entity

Hi,
i searched but could not find much help.
i’m trying to add a custom cards to one entity. Ex:
Ceiling Fan
using custom card for the speed control and i also want to add custom secondary info card as well to this entity. Under the fan control i want to display the temperature of the room using the custom secondary custom card?

I don’t know of a way to do that but it would be interesting to be able to do it.

If all else fails you could always add the information to the light entity:

ex

That would be possible with the Button Card.

Thanks and that’s how I have now, but will look nicer under the ifan controls. Lol

But will try the button card hopefully tonight.

Thanks again for inputs…

If you use the button card you will lose the fan controls the way you have them now.

That’s why I built/modifieds my fan control row Lovelace component (as pictured in my post above). I tried the button card and just didn’t care for the way it looked.

Hi @Bsodi, did you ever get this to work? I am trying to do the same thing. Alternately, can either yourself or @finity send through your card yaml for adding the secondary entity to the light as i cannot seem to get it to work

thanks

Here is an example using the custom card for secondary info:

- type: entities
  title: Living Room
  show_header_toggle: false
  state_color: true
  entities:
    - entity: sensor.livingroom_smoke_alarm_status
      type: "custom:secondaryinfo-entity-row"
      secondary_info: "Battery Level: [[ sensor.smoke_co_alarm_1_battery_level.state ]]%"

@finity thanks for the prompt response…

For some reason i am still getting errors.
Any chance you can send through the yaml which includes your iFan03-2 Light and iFan03-2 Fan (that you have in the image above), that way i dont have to update much…

Thank you in advance

I don’t have that exact configuration any more since it was so long ago but this is functionally equivalent:

- type: entities
  title: Computer Room
  state_color: true
  show_header_toggle: false
  entities:
    - type: custom:secondaryinfo-entity-row
      entity: light.computer_room_ceiling_light
      secondary_info: "Room Temperature: [[ sensor.computer_room_motion_temperature.state ]]"
    - type: custom:fan-control-entity-row
      entity: fan.computer_room
      name: Computer Room Fan
      customTheme: true
      reverseButtons: true

What errors are you getting?

Thank you @finity

To be honest with you, I updated my code with your original post (referencing my entities) and it was giving me an error about the secondaryinfo-entity-row. I then sent you the message and went out to pick up my kids from school, and came back to it working… extremely odd, but i’ll take that.

Thank you again for your help.

1 Like