Lovelace - refreshes/refocusses page frequently?

HI,

Somehow my Lovelace setup has a most irritating behavior: it keeps refreshing/refocussing the browser page every few seconds (between 10-20).

Can we prevent this? Or is it a bug I’ve just not read about yet, and it is being worked on…

thanks,

Same issue here - did you find out the cause - I have a couple of picture entity cards which refresh - wondering if this is causing it.

Safari on MacOS Mojave seems to be the culprit. Although the iOS app appears to have the same problem which is essentially Safari for IOS in a wrapper - confirmed also a problem on Safari for iOS natively.

Chrome on MacOS seems to be okay.

Interesting. I have this on iOS with the iOS app and chrome as well I think. It also alters the larger bold font for the card to be the same as the other text on the card unless I refresh the card.

Doesn’t ever do this on a PC.

yes!, that’s what I see also.

Same problem here !

In fact I have this problem since the beggining (see here : Hass.io and iFrame pages auto-refreshing)

As said in the other thread, the most annoying problem for me is for the iframes : I have for example a NodeRed iframe that keep refreshing and I have to publish my flows every few modifications if I don’t want to loose everything each time the page refresh…

The Lovelace UI editor is also unusable on Safari similar to your NODE-RED issue - what browser does it happen on @Frixx ? My summary is ;

MacOS Mojave:
Safari - refreshes
Chrome is okay

iOS 12
Home assistant App - refreshes (uses inbuilt safari web renderer so expected behaviour)
Safari - refreshes
Chrome - refreshes (uses inbuilt safari web renderer so expected behaviour)

My HA Servers are

• Virtualised HASSOS on Proxmox on NUC
  • HASSOS on Rpi3b+

Please try the following:

• Safari > Preferences > Advanced > Develop > Experimental features > un-check service workers > restart safari

I started another thread to the same point, except it wasn’t just with Lovelace, using the legacy UI was causing the same problem. I removed a bunch of my sensors and customizations and the refreshing issues stopped. I’m using Chrome on MacOS.

So, i seemed, at least in my case, that the refreshing was caused by a specific sensor or customization.

It only started happening for me with the upgrade to 0.85

@essell - did you ever track down the offending sensor or customisation.

Was hinted to disable the serviceworkers in the advanced developers mode settings of my Mac/safari browser.
Give it a try?

I’ve tried that - didn’t work for me and not possible in iOS or the HA iOS app.

@rudders I haven’t gotten any of my components back in. I’m troubleshooting an issue with the Lovelace Thermostat not being clickable. In the classic UI, you could click the title and it would open the more info box with graph and other controls. Is this supposed to be clickable in Lovelace?

1 Like

Hello all,

I have the some issue too. Sometimes, after the refresh in the iOS app the view jump back to the lovelace start page.

Is there any solution?

iOS 1.50
HA 85.1

I guess, it is happen, if any entry cheged the status. e.g. temperature.
1x refresh 2x back to lovelace start page

it’s fixed for me in 0.86.0b0

1 Like

that are good news! Looking forward :slight_smile:

This is still happening to me on 0.88.0

• Chrome PC
  • Safari iOS

That’s odd. For me it stopped when I went to 0.87 and still ok on 0.88.1

i had this issue with hassio from start. Tried many things like reinstalling the os, testing from windows, ubntu… and page still reloads frequently. The updatning didnt work. Any more hints?

This is happening to me with latest version. HASS is Almost unusable now.