Lovelace: Simple thermostat card

Could you explain what you mean by “reached via presets” ?

I currently use this card inside a popup card on a tablet view and if I am unable to change modes through the use of this card it then unfortunately would not have much value for me.

So that is through the more-info card I assume. It also looks like you have an “OFF” and “Heat” button on your card however I don’t see any buttons on mine. Unfortunately it looks like I won’t be able to use this card any more. I’ll keep my eye on it should anything change, I did like the simplicity of it but I do need those buttons to show for it to work for me. Thanks

That I understand.
Just screenshot of standard thermostat card. Also not having the non-standard buttons.
2019-08-30%202-47-18%20PM

Can you post your config for the above?

For my TADO, it is nice to control at least the basics through HA, however, think you always need to use the original app to do advanced basic settings like schedules etc.
So HA (at least for me) is only the basic card for control and especially see the current status.

/Ralf

Hi @Ralf

My lovelace config is this:

entity: climate.eurotronic_eur_spiritz_wall_radiator_thermostat_heat_3
modes:
  Full Power:
    include: false
  Heat Eco:
  Manufacturer Specific:
  'off':
    include: true
sensors:
  - entity: sensor.thermostat_bedroom_battery
    name: Battery
step_size: 0.5
type: 'custom:simple-thermostat'

Those include: false are no longer important. Before 0.96 I hide that way the buttons I do not want to show. Now they are gone themselves.

For advanced scheduling I am using this:

I just tried to mimic your setup in mine and it amazes me that I can’t at the very least get the ‘Off’ button to show. I wonder why it seems so different?? If I could get that at least to show I could continue using this card

And what about the states of your thermostat? There you can see which buttons can HA offer.

I tried that, this is what it shows but still no luck. I tried both “modes” and I tried “hvac_modes” as it shows below. Neither approach shows the buttons.

This is what the card shows:

no buttons at all in both cards

Reinstall the beta 0.26 , it should work. I am not sure why it did not work for me in the first install.

Same for me.
With the first installation no buttons, I’ve clicked on the reinstall button and now the buttons are there.
Thanks!

Oh my gosh, I reinstalled and the buttons appeared.

same for me :slight_smile:
Thanks

Also reinstalled and modes appeared again.
Strange, but solved.
Thanks for the help!

So I know I’ve brought this up before, but it’s still doing the issue of when I press up/down, the number reverts instantly. However, if I let it sit for about 10 seconds, it will change. It’s almost as if it’s waiting for the thermostat (Sensi in my case) to get the change for Wink/Sensi and then has to confirm with HA. Any idea if it would be possible to put some sort of visual delay where the temperature stays there for 10-15 seconds while it tries to make the change? The official thermostat card works fine this way.

I managed to get card-mod to work (the replacement for card-modder).
This is in a manual card.

entity: climate.thermostat
style: |
  ha-card {
    --st-font-size-xl: 20px;
    --st-font-size-m: 12px;
    --st-font-size-title: 14px;
    --st-font-size-sensors: 14px;
    --st-spacing: 2px;
  }
  header {
    margin-bottom: 0px !important;
    padding-bottom: 0px !important;
  }
sensors:
  - entity: sensor.thermostat_humidity
step_size: 1
type: 'custom:simple-thermostat'
1 Like

I have the opposite problem of you all… I’m trying to turn the mode buttons off. Is there something wrong with what I’m doing below? Can the mode buttons actually be deactivated?

- type: custom:simple-thermostat
      entity: climate.entrance
      step_size: 0.5
      name: false
      hide: 
        state: true
      modes:
        'Off':
        Heat:

Likely need to check your modes and confirm that they’re all in single quotes as well as capitalization matches.

Ah you nailed it. I thought it would be the same as the buttons, but when I looked for the actual names in the entities, they were lowercase and that did it. Kept the quotes the same.