Lovelace: Slider Button Card

When i set my cover let say 20% then i see cover position. It is where i should be but when i go somewhere else than overview page or refresh overview then cover position is again fully open and its does not show correct position until i change position again.
Is there solution that cover knows every time her correct position?

Try this :slight_smile: It fixed the full gradient problem for me!

- type: custom:slider-button-card
    entity: light.kitchen_lights
    compact: true
    slider:
      direction: left-right
      background: gradient
      use_percentage_bg_opacity: true
      use_state_color: false
    action_button:
      mode: toggle
      show_spinner: false
      show: false
    icon:
      show: true
    style: |
      :host {
          --slider-color: rgba(255, 136, 55, 0.68) !important;
      }
      .slider-bg {
          width: var(--slider-value) !important;
      }

Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 11.21.26 AM

1 Like

Hi everyone.
Iā€™d like to change the icon color too but I canā€™t ā€¦

type: horizontal-stack
cards:
  - type: custom:slider-button-card
    entity: switch.relay
    slider:
      use_percentage_bg_opacity: false
      show_track: false
      toggle_on_click: true
      force_square: false
    show_name: true
    show_state: false
    compact: false
    icon:
      icon: mdi:coach-lamp
      tap_action:
        action: more-info
    action_button:
      mode: custom
      icon: mdi:power
      show_spinner: true
      tap_action:
        action: toggle
          --icon-color: 
          var("--paper-item-icon-color": green) !important;
      }
    name: Lanterna

Some advice
Grazie

Resolved

--slider-color: rgba(255, 136, 55, 0.68) !important;
          --icon-color: rgba(255, 136, 55, 0.68) !important;
          --action-icon-color-off: rgba(255, 136, 55, 0.68) !important;
          --label-color-off: rgba(255, 136, 55, 0.68) !important;
          --label-color-on: rgba(65, 131,215, 0.68) !important;
        }
      }
      .slider-bg {
      }         

Grazie

Yes there is! Nothing in GUI yet, but you can define it yaml like so:

slider:
  min: 15
  max: 75

The maintainer of this project hasnā€™t been active in some months. Iā€™ve been pushing pull requests anyway, and a GUI config for slider min and max is on my todo list. Having been digging around in the code of this card quite a bit lately, it should be a really quick addition. Iā€™m also taking a bit of a break from this project (trying not to burn myself out, and unrelated health issues), but Iā€™ll bump this to the top of my list

1 Like

Yes! I submitted a pull request to allow the user to define any attribute to also show next to the state.

You can use this for thermostat current_temperature or any other entity attribute.

Iā€™ve added sensor support here:

:slight_smile:

Hi, how to change background color, then state is OFF?

Iā€™d also like to know this, as Iā€™ve been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. It would be nice to set it as ā€œclearā€ . I normally achieve this like:

styles:
card:
- background-color: ā€™ ā€™

Iā€™ve attached 1 example of my code with a screenshot of the visual representation of 2 different attempts. The top one has the gradient permanently behind the slider, and the bottom one Iā€™ve managed to make transparent but then has the background primary colour behind it (Cant seem to get a transparent background). The code below is of the top example in the pic. All I want is a transparent background.
Screenshot 2022-05-20 184724

color_type: card
entity: light.shellydimmer2_3c6105e33338
      --slider-color: rgba(255, 255, 0, 0.99);
      --action-icon-color-off: rgba(74, 74, 74, 0.68) !important;
      --action-icon-color-on: var(--button-card-light-color) !important;
      --label-color-off: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7) !important;
      --label-color-on: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.99) !important;
      --action-spinner-color: var(--state-color) !important;
    }
  }
  .slider-bg {
  }
  .card-header {
    background-color: var(--primary-background-color);
    box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px 3px var(--primary-background-color);
  }
  .ha-card {
        background-color: transparent;
        box-shadow: none;
  }

slider:
  use_percentage_bg_opacity: true
show_name: true
show_state: true
compact: true
styles:
  name:
    - font-size: 3em
icon:
  use_state_color: true
tap_action:
  action: more-info ''
action_button:
  mode: custom
  icon: mdi:lightbulb-on
  show_spinner: true
  tap_action:
    action: toggle
name: Lounge Left -
type: custom:slider-button-card

These are the slider and slider-track (the ā€œinactiveā€ part of the slider) CSS variables and their default settings:

--slider-bg-default-color: var(--primary-color, rgb(95, 124, 171));
  --slider-bg: var(--slider-color);
  --slider-bg-filter: brightness(100%);
  --slider-bg-direction: to right;
  --slider-track-color: #2b374e; 
  --slider-tracker-color: transparent;
  --slider-value: 0%;
  --slider-transition-duration: 0.2s; 
}

combined with show_track: false in your cardā€™s yaml config, this might get you where you need to go

1 Like

Is there any way to have the button as both a slider and a toggle?
Ive tried multiple different configs and cant get it to work?
Iā€™d like to have a light switch button, as both a slider, and be able to click the button to turn off and on

my button looks like:

- type: 'custom:slider-button-card'
        entity: light.lounge_light
        slider:
        icon:
          icon: mdi:ceiling-light
          tap_action:
            action: more-info
        action_button:

I realise i can do this using the icon, or action button, but i dont want the action button, it looks cleaner without it, and the icon i use for more-info

It took a code change but I did implement this almost entirely. It works for a finger tap on a touch screen but not a mouse click. As far as the card seems concerned both interaction methods send the same signals, but I canā€™t figure out the difference yet.

Iā€™ve got it implemented (along with other changes) on my fork of the card, but Iā€™m also working with someone else to update the card in HACS since the original programmer has disappeared. Hopefully that will be up soon. Iā€™m really excited to get this particular change completed and available. Itā€™s made a world of difference using the card on my phone.

Did you ever get this figured out? I have the same issue, the companion app as well as all Firefox, Safari, Chrome all have the problem - makes sense I guess as they all use the same rendering engine. Works fine everywhere else: browsers (including Safari) on my desktop, Fire tablet, etc.

EDIT: it looks like an ā€œupā€ event is sometimes being missed. While you drag the slider the state text (e.g. percentage for lights) is bigger as you drag the slider and then returns to normal when you release the slider. When it goes wrong the slider stays in ā€œdraggingā€ mode. If you then tap and release the slider if goes back to normal on the release (not on the tap).

EDIT 2: the problem is that touch events are not being tracked outside the slider track or when your finger is over the icon or the action button. E.g. move your finger to move the slider, move your finger out of the track and the slider stops moving, move your finger back on the track and the slider ā€œcatches upā€. Move your finger out of the track and lift it up and the slider stays in ā€œdraggingā€ mode.

So I took care of your second edit awhile ago actually! I did manage to get the tap thing working too. Working on merging it into the main project. Real-life has been a problem lately though

Sorry to hear that, I hope it gets better soon.

Great that you fixed it! Is there a branch or a diff I can test? Removing the *PointerCapture calls fixes it for iOS but breaks desktop Safari and Firefox so not sure where to go from here.

EDIT: so looks like itā€™s a known iOS bug: Bug 220196: [iOS] #setPointerCapture does not dispatch pointer events outside element boundary which has been fixed in iOS 15.5. I just upgraded my phone and it looks like that fixed it.

iOS 15.5 fixed some issues with pointer focus. You might want to check if this is solved now.

I merged it into my personal main a long time ago https://github.com/lizsugar/slider-button-card

I donā€™t use ios. The issue was present on windows and Android too :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Your change didnā€™t fix it for iOS because of the bug I mentioned. Updating to 15.5 has fixed it there too so looks like it works everywhere now.

Hello, before I start. Just wanted to say thanks for the great slider button card. Been using for some time and it is one of my favorite addons.

But I just recently seeing this in my HACs page:

Removed repository ā€˜mattieha/slider-button-cardā€™
Abandoned, community fork maintained at custom-cards/slider-button-card

It looks like the project is still actively being worked onā€¦ activity with the last 2 weeks.
Is this some sort of mis-communication between the HACs interface and this project or is this project really coming to an end?

3 Likes