↔️ Swipe Navigation

Or just click on show then ignore

1 Like

just remove from HACS and install manually.

That’s sad to hear - and totally understandable at the same time.

I hope to see someone picking up this great project and bringing it back to HACS. Seems there are already more than 30 forks. So with a bit of luck someone steps up, hopefully by posting in this topic.

Until then, Lovelace Swipe Navigation - #180 by afxefx seems to be a proper temporary workaround.

Is this a permanent “solution” or will those warning come back?

If you want, I forked the project and fixed almost all issues and pull requests in the original repo. :tada:
Feel free to test it and drop a :star: on GitHub.

I’m waiting to be added to the official HACS “store”. It will be ready as soon as this pull request is merged.

I’ll try to continue developing it as much as I can, even if I don’t have much spare time.

And thank you very much @mayker for all your amazing work. It was easy to understand the code and modify it. If you’ll ever want to continue the development, just contact me.

10 Likes

Awesome! Thanks so much for picking this up, I very much appreciate it and I’m sure many others will as well. Looks like it’s in good hands, nice work. I also must apologize for the spaghetti code.

There is one feature that I never got around to adding that may save you time in the future:

A config option for adding exception tagnames and classes. This way if anyone finds or creates another element that this interferes with, they can just add the exception themselves and not have to worry about it being added to the project right away or at all.

3 Likes

wow, thanks @Zanna_37 amazing effort indeed!

(almost dare not ask, but did you also have a look at Kiosk mode…? ) :wink:

no offense Ryan, glad to see you around!

2 Likes

Not at the moment, I might consider it in case an home assistant update breaks things, or in case I find ways to have more free time. :wink:

I use kiosk mode myself, so I don’t rule out the possibility of maintaining it.
However, time is always scarce in life and for now kiosk mode is working decently for me. I decided to revive swipe navigation because there were some issues that needed to be addressed.

Home Assistant Swipe Navigation is now officially available through HACS.
Give it a go! :wink:

4 Likes

I get the thing about not having the time, but I’m hoping you or anyone can fix this kiosk mode error:

/kiosk-mode/kiosk-mode.js?v=1.2.1:13:44 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘shadowRoot’)

Hello everyone. In my case I have the dashboards configured in an unusual way. When I want to integrate these lines it says: “Integration error: swipe_nav - Integration ‘swipe_nav’ not found.”

When I check if the js is loaded I see that it is ok. I really don’t know if I’m doing something wrong.

I did the installation by hacs and add the js in configuration.yaml

Thank you

swipe_nav:
  wrap: false
  animate: swipe
  skip_tabs: 5,6,7,8
  prevent_default: true
  swipe_amount: 30
  dashboards:
    tablet-dash:
      mode: yaml
      title: Tablet_10_PRO
      icon: mdi:city
      show_in_sidebar: true
      filename: ui-lovelace.yaml

ipad-dash:
      mode: yaml
      title: Ipad-Mini
      icon: mdi:fish
      show_in_sidebar: true
      filename: ui-lovelace-acuario.yaml

Swipe_nav config should be in those two ui-lovelace.yaml files, not configuration.yaml

Okay. But I don’t understand then if this does what I want. Would I have to put this code in all the yml? Because each dashboard that I have is in different files.

Sorry I misunderstood everything. I thought it was used to move from one board to another

There’s only one emoticon for this: :partying_face:

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Working fine on brave browser on my mobile but cannot get it working on the Android companion app. Anyone encountered the same? Slowly working through the thread to see if I’ve missed anything.

I would love to use this as a swipe back from previous view and I use a lot of hidden views as well. Now we configure the swipe navigation on the whole dashboard but it would be great to be able to add them to the individual tabs so that one can for example decide that if I’m on tab “home” and swipe, do nothing. If I’m on the “Rooms” tab and swipe go to “home”.

Also custom:button-card seems to be a problem, anyway around that?

Old post

Edit: Okay I got it to work but not over a custom:button-card I would love to use this as a swipe back button like is the default on any other iOS app. But that kind of swap does open the HA sidebar menu. Can this be disabled somehow and can I configure the swap nav to somehow go to the previous page? (Even if they are hidden)

Old: I don’t get this to work on the iOS app, does it work with hidden tabs as well and do you configure for the whole dashboard or all the individual tabs?

I tried with the example in the docs right above my dashboards views:

Or might it be my custom:button-card breaking things?

1 Like

Have a look to browser_mod 2, in particular the new hide sidebar feature.

It’s working for me. Be sure to refresh the cache.

I don’t think button-card is conflicting with the swipe but if you provide a minumum working example I can try to reproduce it.

About custom swipes, there is an open issue here which is under evaluation. However the request is about global custom swipes, not “per tab”. I don’t plan to add the per-tab custom swipe in the near future but you’re welcome to open a new issue and try to gather consensus from the community.