↔️ Swipe Navigation

Love this one, should be a core feature.
It works great on mobile; how to emulate the swipe on non-touch devices (desktop/mouse/touchpad)?

There is no way to do it directly now. I don’t think there is many people wanting this, but contradict me if I’m wrong. =)
Feel free to open an issue on GitHub and I’ll consider it if it gains enough traction.

Swiping using the mouse is now possibile with v1.13.0.

3 Likes

Did anyone else face an issue with this ? After a HA update it stopped working

Update the plugin and force refresh all caches- you should be good after.

I was using the old one. Just uninstalled it and installed the new one and works fine. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I cannot make it work on Home Assistant 2023.3.0 Frontend 20230301.0 - latest running on Docker.
I’ve created /config/www/hass-swipe-navigation and placed inside swipe-navigation.js.
I’ve also created /config/ui-lovelace.yaml with the content in the README.md, because I wasn’t able to understand how to do it in “Dashboard Resources”.

I haven’t observed any change of behavior of the mobile UI and I don’t see the browser loading swipe-navigation.js at any time running under Firefox developer tools.

What I’m doing wrong?

I’ve installed HACS instead and used it to download Swipe Navigation. Success!
Thanks, it works great

*Edit Nvm. I just looked into adding sub dashboards and I found out that you can add more dashboards in the same dashboard which works perfect with the swiping.
I thought the dashboards were supposed to swipe between the dashboards on the sidebar.
The way its working makes total sense. Simply being derpy, leaving this here in case someone else makes a similar mistake.

This is what I get for being new to home assistant. Thanks for the amazing plugin!

I’ve just installed this through HACS but I can’t seem to get it working on my phone.
I’ve enabled logging to try and figure out whats going on but I’m a bit clueless as to where the logging takes place? It’s not showing up in my home-assistant.log
My dashboard contains:

title: Overview
swipe_nav:
  wrap: true
  animate: none
  prevent_default: true
  swipe_amount: 15
  enable: true
  logger_level: verbose
views: 
etc

Also tried it with no config but same effect.

It shows up under dashboard resources, I’m using it in combination with: auto-entities, card-mod, mushroom and mini-graph-card-bundle.
I’ve tried rebooting the HAS mobile app a few times and looking at it through chrome/firefox but no swiping options are appearing.
Looking at it through my desktop browser I can see the script is active:

↔️ Swipe navigation ↔️ - v1.11.1 swipe-navigation.js:1:42978
↔️ Swipe navigation: [I] New configuration loaded. swipe-navigation.js:1:43883
↔️ Swipe navigation: [D] Config is identical. swipe-navigation.js:1:43883
↔️ Swipe navigation: [D] Object refreshed: "div". swipe-navigation.js:1:43883
↔️ Swipe navigation: [D] Initializing SwipeManger... swipe-navigation.js:1:43883

My HAS is on 2023.5.3

Any clues?

Hi, not work on latest version of HA

This is mega, love all the animations when sliding between. Thanks!

Have some mini-graph-cards though and am unable to view points on a graph (on a touch device), as the dashboard wants to slide tabs

It works, trust me.

You can propose swipe exceptions. Just post an issue on Github stating the plugin you are using. If you prefer to post here, it’s ok, I can open the issue for you.

@Zanna_37: thanks for picking this up! :bowing_man:

Had used it before, lost track of it since I did a fresh install a while ago but today finally took the time to add it to my touch systems.

1 Like

Swiping using the mouse is now possibile with v1.13.0.

1 Like

Hi there. Since I found this swipe feature it improved by miles the usability of the home assistant in my phone. Unfortunately today I updated HA to:
Supervisor 2023.10.0
Operating System 10.5
Interface: 20231002.0 - latest
After the update the swipe feature doesn’t work anymore :pensive:
I updated the hass-swipe-navigation to version 1.13.1 but it still doesn’t work!
Does anyone has a suggestion in how can I put the swipe feature working again ?

No answers :sob:
But one month later and after updating to versions:
Supervisor 2023.11.1 and Operating System 11.1
It started to work fine again :tada:

To be honest it never stopped working. I have automated tests that check every released version of HA. On top, nobody else ever complained about that, so it must have been an issue on your side.

Hello Zanna_37, I am new to HA and I am trying to use the swipe card in my dashboards. I downloaded it through HACS but when I go to add a card, I don’t see the Custom Swipe Card as an option.

I do see that swipe-navigation.js is at /www/hass-swipe-navigation/ and also the relevant resource is there under Dashboard Resources.

I must be doing something wrong. Please advise. Thanx

If you installed it, just use it.
No card to add, nothing. Just swipe. =)

Hi, welcome to the forum.

You need multiple views in the same dashboard and the swipe motion might be bigger then you are used.
Also, at least here, it doesn’t work on my desktop.

HTH