šŸŒ» Lovelace UI ā€¢ Minimalist

Iā€™m trying to make some cards of my own but it is frustratingly bad explained, or i just cant find itā€¦ Anyone wanna help??

how can i use the card_room with popup_thermostat?

First try:

- type: horizontal-stack
        cards:
          - type: 'custom:button-card'
            template:
              - ulm_translation_engine
              - card_room
              - grey_no_state
              - grey_on
              - grey_off
            name: Schlafzimmer
            entity: climate.schlafzimmer_dect301_1
            icon: mdi:bed-king
            hold_action:
              action: none
            tap_action:
              action: "fire-dom-event"
              browser_mod:
                service: "browser_mod.popup"
                data:
                  large: true
                  hide_header: true
                  content:
                    type: "custom:button-card"
                    template: "popup_thermostat_temperature"
                    entity: "[[[ return entity.entity_id ]]]"

This card is empty, how can i give him the right ā€œentity: climate.schlafzimmer_dect301_1ā€ ?

what you need?

1 Like

I want to make a card with a time bar that count down, that i also can toggle an entity withā€¦ Iā€™ve managed to piece a little bit together by the cards there alreadyā€¦

---
custom_card_eric_countdown2:
  template:
    - "ulm_actions_card_overlay"
  variables:
    ulm_card_weather_backdrop: false
    ulm_card_weather_primary_info: "extrema"
    ulm_card_weather_secondary_info: "precipitation"
  show_icon: false
  show_name: false
  show_label: false
  styles:
    grid:
      - grid-template-areas: "'item1'"
      - grid-template-columns: "1fr"
      - grid-template-rows: "min-content"
      - row-gap: "12px"
    card:
      - border-radius: "var(--border-radius)"
      - box-shadow: "var(--box-shadow)"
      - padding: "0px"
  custom_fields:
    item1:
      card:
        type: "custom:timer-bar-card"
        entity: "timer.kaffebryggaren_timer"
        name: Kaffebryggaren stƤngs av om
        invert: true
        bar_width: calc(70% - 7em)
        bar_height: 60px
        bar_radius: 20px
        layout: full_row
        bar_foreground: '#89b3d7'
        bar_background: '#3c4b64'
        unit: minutes
        tap_action:
          action: call-service
          service: switch.toggle
          service_data:
            entity_id: switch.kaffebryggaren
        style: |
          ha-card {
            border-radius: 14px;
            box-shadow: none;
          }

Red is what Iā€™ve used but it take up unnecessary space. Green is what the card looks like now (code above).
Bottom is what i want it to look like (excuse my amazing paint skills :wink:)ā€¦
countdown

So, for example, how do I learn how layouts work? Where do all the template for different things come from? Actions?
These thing, how should i know?

styles:
    card:
      - border-radius: "var(--border-radius)"
      - box-shadow: "var(--box-shadow)"

check this:

2 Likes

This code is for custom:button-card. It allows to manage css styles for elements inside the card.
Styling may be done by using card-mod too (see a link in the post above). Card-mod is a plug-in which allows access to css styles of a card.
Custom button-card in general does not need using card-mod - it has its own functionality (see a code you posted).
What are css styles in general - google about it, search for ā€œcss tutorialā€ etc.

2 Likes

Hey, I have updated to the latest version of the room-card, before that I had colors on the icons depending on the state of the entity.
After updating I canā€™t see those colors anymore.

Raw Configuration:
http://pastie.org/p/4V0r1KQr15lPoTzwl9BEvA
Card:

Any idea how can I fix that?
Thanks!

Can you be more specific on what update you have installed? The cardā€™s latest update is from at least 3 months ago. It seems like you are using an unsupported installation method based on the raw-configuration.

I donā€™t have anything in mind that I changed something on the Raw Configruation.
but when I run Watchman report I get those two errors that might be related to my issue:

number.match                   | missing | custom_components/ui_lovelace_minimalist/lovelace/translatio |
|                                |         | ns/default.yaml:18,28                                        |
| climate.hvac                   | missing | custom_components/ui_lovelace_minimalist/lovelace/ulm_templa |
|                                |         | tes/popup_templates/popup_buttons/popup_button_airconditionn |
|                                |         | er.yaml:22                

How can I fix this?
Thanks!

So you didnā€™t update the code? Any other update you have run? Other things you use that are not officially documented in the Minimalist docs?

These errors are just some code objects faulty recognized as entities by Watchman

I have updated room-card via HACS and Home Assistant Core in the last 24 hours.

Both should not have any influence on the card_roomā€¦

Is your theme set correctly? As that is what defines the variables for the colors.

Yeah, Iā€™m using the correct theme, two days ago they had an update on HACS (using notcis theme).

Notics is not really the correct theme for this card :grimacing:

Assuming you had it working before; have you added some custom lines to that theme in the past?
As updating a theme through HACS will override all files and replace them with a new one.

I had some color configurations in the raw configuration of the dashboard window, but nothing else has been changed.
by the way, the one who helped me with the raw config colors was you :wink:

Ah okay, on discord you mean? I can remember that I suggested putting the color variables from the Minimalist theme into the Notics file. These will definitely be overridden by the recent update you have done. So try adding them back.

PS: If you run unsupported installation methods and themes; itā€™s recommended to get yourself familiar in this case with themes, color-variables, and button_card_templates. As any random change can break your setup while supported ways still function normally.
Also that will make it a lot easier for others to help you(we cannot keep track of every setup of every user that does things differently), otherwise others will assume you have done things like itā€™s supposed to :wink:

Thanks, man!
The problem is that I can still see all the color variables I have put inside the raw configuration
http://pastie.org/p/2k2cIIc8MEY1T4QqaoVqUf

Therefore, I canā€™t find whatā€™s missing in my code.

That are button_card_templates, not color variables :grimacing:

These templates use color-variables, like var(--color-pink), that need to be defined in your themes-file.
So the color-variables you are missing in Notics are:

color-red: "245, 68, 54"
      color-green: "1, 200, 82"
      color-yellow: "255, 145, 1"
      color-blue: "61, 90, 254"
      color-purple: "102, 31, 255"
      color-grey: "187, 187, 187"
      color-pink: "233, 30, 99"
      color-theme: "51,51,51"

Where do I add them? I tried to add them on the bottom part of the configuration I sent you, restarted HA