šŸŒ» Lovelace UI ā€¢ Minimalist

I tried getting rid of the borders by adding ha-card-border-width: ā€œ0pxā€ to my theme. But no success. Did I add it in the right place?

minimalist-mobile:
  # Journal
  state-icon-color: "rgb(var(--color-theme))"
  border-radius: "20px"
  ha-card-border-radius: "var(--border-radius)"
  ha-card-border-width: "0px"

I am in the same boat. I have updated everything to latest release and still see the outlines. I can confirm the fix is in the yaml files but they donā€™t dont go away.

I take my previous statement back. I forgot I overwrote the base themes so I could change between light and dark through automations. So I was not seeing the theme I thought I was. Make sure you are using the theme you think you are and also be sure to reload your themes or else the change wont show up. You can restart home assistant to do that or go to your developer tools>services>Home assistant frontend: reload themes.

Can you share the code for the birthday card? Do you use with a calander integration?

Itā€™s strange. I had it working in my browser yesterday after a reboot of the system, but not the companion app. Now itā€™s back to showing borders both in browser and companion app.

EDIT:
Scratch that. Somehow the line of code had disappeared from the theme. Adding it back in and it works :slight_smile:

On the Wiki page thereā€™s an example of the thermostat card with a second line, I assume this would be airconditioning 'cause I donā€™t see any options for a second thermostat. But would that be possible, or possibly for even more? One for each room?

Actually, it is not. The second temp adjustment line is for climate entities that support a min and a max target temperature setting.
For now, HA is mainly focused on individual entities. And personally, I think is better and more minimalistic to have a card per entity instead of a big one with less useful information per entity and which is harder to set up.
But you can always raise a discussion or a feature request on the GitHub.

@stiw47 If you have still this bug, could you raise an issue on the GitHub page with information from the error from your browserā€™s dev-console and the (anonymized) config of the card.

Yeah was thinking about the same thing along the lines of one general and in seperate room pages add a thermostat card there. Currently working out a way to replace the default Nest thermostat programming and making it smart in Node-Red from scratch, planning on incorperating TRVā€™s per room and scheduled as soon as Google refunds me my Stadia games :rofl:

No problem, appreciate interest in this. Will do this later when finish my daily job.

EDIT: Opened.

after instalation I have twi big errorsā€¦
someone can help me?

You need to install these cards as well. Please read about prerequisites here. You can identify what cards youā€™re missing by read on your error screenshot e.g. - type: custom:auto-entities. Just search HACS, Frontend part, for auto entities card and install it. Same for other missing cards.

1 Like

SOLVEDā€¦ THANKSā€¦ it was a misconfiguration on lovelaceā€¦

Thank you so much for your template! It solved my problem as I couldnā€™t find the information on the page: ā€œCustom Template Battery Info - UI Lovelace Minimalistā€ on how to use/or create this. I wonder why this information is not on this page the same way it is on other custom cards?

Itā€™s the same example as documented under ā€œUsage with variable ulm_battery_entityā€. Only difference is the name of the sensor in this example.

Hi. How did you get this to work in minimalist. I canā€™t seem to get it to work at all. I donā€™t get anything to display. I have referenced the sidebar card in ui-lovelace.yaml and included the sidebar card in the include section but nothing works. I have it working in storage mode on the normal lovelace dashboard but would prefer to use it in minimalist because I prefer the cards.

Thank you very much for you mobile dekstop, I am very waiting when you upload you tablet dekstop. Have a nice day!

Does anyone have an idea how I can put the status (the number of lights on in the house) in the button circled? The sensor exists for the lamps but I do not see how to insert it.

I really like the idea and I think it should be possible through the use of styles in a custom card. I donā€™t know how to implement this together with changes in entity state though. The following example works but is useless to me since I would need it to change with the state of the entity.

- type: "custom:button-card"
        template: chip_mdi_icon_state
        variables:
          ulm_chip_mdi_icon_state_entity: input_boolean.testswitch
          ulm_chip_mdi_icon_state_icon: mdi:fan
        styles:
          icon:
            - animation:
              - blink 2s linear infinite
              - rotating 2s linear infinite

This is what I am using to rotate a fan icon when my climate entity has the state cool:

state:
  - value: "cool"
    id: cool
    styles:
      icon:
        - animation: rotate linear 1s infinite
        - color: "#C6DCF5"
styles:
  grid:
    - grid-template-areas: "'i'"
extra_styles: |
  [[[
    return `
      @keyframes rotate {
        0% {
          transform: rotateZ(0deg);
        }
        100% {
          transform: rotateZ(360deg);
        }
      }
    `
  ]]]

Edit: Did not know you could use animation: rotating 2s linear infinite! No need for the extra_styles!
Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Hi, thanks for sharing, to which card did you apply the state?