šŸŒ» Lovelace UI ā€¢ Minimalist

Oh right! Thank you. Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve messed with my config, so I did not remember that.

Hello,

Iā€™m trying to use Custom-card ā€œSunā€ but Iā€™m getting this error:

Has anyone encountered this error?
Did I miss a step for setting up this integration?

Context:

HA info

Sun integration installed

Sun card repositorie (via HACS)

proof of work:

Custom card from Minimalist UI (custom_card_httpedo13_sun)

Thank you!

Anyone has a good idea how to increase the legibility of the controls in the media player card?
One can spot the play, skip buttons etc, as their icons are white, but the volume control is somewhere there belowā€¦hidden in grey.

Yes I know I can turn off album art, but I would prefer having itā€¦in some way at least.

1 Like

Why does it delete my own dashboard. I worked on it for days.

Just installed minimalist and am excited to get started! Everything is looking good on the default dashboard, except the scenes card spacing is off.

Any ideas on why that might be? I imagine I missed a dependency or have something installed that interferes, but I canā€™t figure out what it is

Hello everyone. Iā€™m trying to set up my Adaptive Dashboard but I canā€™t seem to get the Pop-ups on the right side to work. Iā€™ve set up the input_select and used its options as the corresponding devices (under popup.yaml). I also set up the correct input_select and option as card variables on the view I want it to show, but when I double click the card, nothing shows upā€¦ Any ideas?

For a bit of customization I want to change a few color variables in the theme files, like I did in other themes before. Unfortunately after restarting my pi, the theme-files are set back to the original version. All of the changes are lost. Is this supposed to happen? If so, is there any way to change the accent-colors (like ā€œgoogle-redā€ etc.)? Or add new color?

1 Like

I have the same issue. Popups are working on long-press, but are really popups. I would like to see the popup in the right half of the screen.

//EDIT
I got it working. wrong indentionā€¦

I do have an other issue with the Light popup. Only the colorpicker is working. The brightness and color temp sliders donā€™t work. The slider on the light card itself is working as expected.

Okay, Iā€™m pulling my hair out on this one.

Simple question - how do I remove the default UI Lovelace Minimalist dashboard?

explorer_f69RAmqrgu

Itā€™s not causing any real harm, but it annoys me sitting there in the side bar and I kinda hate cruft on any system.

I tried deleting what I thought was the directory containing the offending yaml, but it cleverly got added back in after a restart.

I love my Minimalist dashboard a lot. The default one, not so much.

Copy over your custom dashboard code over to the default file. The integration checks if the default dashboard file is in the correct folder if not, it will re-add it. It does not read the contents.

Which exactly is the ā€œdefault fileā€?

Is it .../ui_lovlace_minimalist/dashboard/adaptive-dash/adaptive-ui.yaml ?

To be very clear, hereā€™s what my .../dashboard directory looks like right now:

WinSCP_D9J1HzlLn8

Can anyone help? No idea what Iā€™ve done but reinstalled HA a few weeks ago, been using it fine and then I finally got time to get around to sort this theme back out. Anyway I installed all the required things manually. Follow ESH guide agaig, anyway. I just did my home page but for some reason it just shows blank? I donā€™t even get the 3 dots or anything at the top?

Any suggestions? Does the same on mobile, different browsers and laptops etc?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi guys, anyone can explain me how to do a real ā€œback actionā€ while pressing the back chip ? with
- type: "custom:button-card" template: chip_back
i can only perform a navigation to the home. What type of navigation path i have to specify in variables?
Iā€™d love to have the back action instead, but on the minimalist wiki thereā€™s no information.

Hi! I have the following error that none of my slider shows. It has the following error. Custom element doesnā€™t exist: custom:my-slider. I have checked all the required packagers needed for minimalist but still have the issue. I am running version 1.1.6

I feel a bit dumb asking but I canā€™t work out how to change the URL from x.y/ui-lovelace-minimalist/living-room to x.y/room-dashboard/living-room

Iā€™ve tried to search the thread and followed the advice in the docs without avail. Iā€™m sure itā€™s bloody simple just canā€™t find it!

Not dumb, itā€™s because the URL is defined in the python code and thus yaml config changes are ignored.
Also means future updates will break URLs, which is sort of what I was hoping to avoid by changing it in the first place (to make a drop in replacement for an existing config)

FYI following the guide for existing config during setup had gotten me a working dash, but template inclusions were not all working. Some did, some didnā€™t, seemed like it wasnā€™t worth the squeeze to chase and trouble shoot at this stage.

Hi, did you solve the issue? Slider, pop up is working but right side pop up is not.

I am getting this error:

Well, Iā€™ve been secretly peeping on the background trying to just achieve everything on my own based on a lot of searches, but it seems Iā€™ve come to a point where Iā€™m stuck.

Iā€™m trying to remove the background on these icons. Iā€™ve been able to get quite far in the templates, but sadly it seems the background is still dictated by the ha-cards host. Is anybody aware of how to remove this background completely?

Hey guys,

Custom NAS card, why cant you change the name of the entity? LOL, how are you meant to know which device your trying to monitor?

You can change everything else, just not the thing to actually identify the monitored device LOL

Had some similiar issue, please make sure that you use the correct version of the state switch card. Guess right now only 1.9.3 is supported not the newest one.

And the second issue what i had was that the popup on the right side is only working for real lights, which support all these options. I have some fake lights (based on a switch) and there for sure the popup was not working or at least it looks really strange. Hope this will help you

Is it just on my side or is the performance from the adaptive dashboard not the best? Switch between Views is taking a 1-2 seconds (just guessing) and on the normal dashboard itā€™s instant.

Can the performance be improved? Maybe consolidating some of my dedicated views? In total i have the main view + 12 views. Everything in a dedicated .yaml, which are included in the normal adaptive dashboard yaml file