šŸŒ» Lovelace UI ā€¢ Minimalist

Did you apply the any of the minimalist theme, in the IOS app you do that tapping your user name in the side menu to access Profile settings, find theme setting there.

Thanks @nikno applying the theme change the look.

1 Like

Might be a dumb question, but is it possible to use Minimalist UI cards without installing the whole integration? Iā€™m currently using Mushroom cards, but itā€™s quite limited and I like the look of the Person card.

Thanks

I would like to track when I last did certain things (IE when did i water the flowers). Ideally, Iā€™d like to achieve this by clicking on a card, and within that card, see the timestamp of the last time I performed that action. How can I accomplish this?

I couldnā€™t find anything like this online so i hop you have some tips.

I tested it briefly for you.
With release 2023.11.3 it is certainly possible. I created a helper for this.
A simple button

Using the code below I built the button into my dashboard:

- type: horizontal-stack
    cards:
      - type: "custom:button-card"
        name: Flowers
        template:
          - card_esh_room
        entity: input_button.tester
        icon: mdi:flower
        tap_action:
          action: toggle

It should look like this:

I have some cards with scenes. After updating from 1.3.6 to 1.3.7 or even 1.3.8 they stopped working and I get a ā€œNo service to run specifiedā€ popup

@nikno Good evening. Can you inform me a bit more on this? I am coming from UI-Lovelace-Minimalist v1.3.6. Updated to v1.3.9 (current version as iā€™m writing), but this seems to have broken a lot of custom cards that are using [type: custom: button-card]. A ā€œredownloadā€ via HACS did not solve my issue. Any other advise to repair the situation? (currently reverted a backup to v1.3.6)

The error on the cards is this = (as stated in GitHub release v1.3.8)

*ButtonCardJSTemplateError: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'ulm_show_last_changed') in 'if (typeof(entity) !== 'undefined' && entity !== undefined){*
*    let device_class = entity.attribu...'*

Hi all,

First of all thanks for this awesome project!
I wonder how and if itā€™s possible to change a card height. I have a graph card showing me a temperature, but the default height is too large for me. Is there a way to edit the height of only this card and not the graph card template ?

Thanks!

Hi all,
Since the update to 2023.12.0 I get following error in the browser

ButtonCardJSTemplateError: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ā€˜matchā€™) in ā€˜var number = hass.resources[hass[ā€˜languageā€™]][ā€œui.duration.hourā€];
var matches = number.match(/[ā€¦ā€™
at Ti.eval (eval at _evalTemplate (button-card.js?hacstag=146194325411:434:2161), :5:24)
at Ti._evalTemplate (button-card.js?hacstag=146194325411:434:2257)
at Ti._getTemplateOrValue (button-card.js?hacstag=146194325411:434:2877)
at Ti._objectEvalTemplate (button-card.js?hacstag=146194325411:434:2586)
at button-card.js?hacstag=146194325411:426:19432
at Array.forEach ()
at Ti.render (button-card.js?hacstag=146194325411:426:19389)
at Ti.update (button-card.js?hacstag=146194325411:1:14818)
at Ti.performUpdate (button-card.js?hacstag=146194325411:1:6145)
at Ti.scheduleUpdate (button-card.js?hacstag=146194325411:1:5792)

As a result some cards are not working.

Seems to be related to these lines of code in a card:

ulm_translation_hour: |
[[[
var number = hass.resources[hass[ā€˜languageā€™]][ā€œui.duration.hourā€];
var matches = number.match(/[^{}]+(?=})/g);

Actually I had a similar error in 2023.11.0 but after changing the language for my user the issue was gone. Now that doesnā€™t work.

I get the same error on the standard UI Lovelace Sidepanel.

Anyone any suggestion whatā€™s going on, and how to solve it?

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Yep, same here! :pensive:

Okay, Iā€™ve found out that updating ULM to 1.3.9 fixed the issue!

was searching for this as well, but found the solution myself by doing a bit of greppingā€¦

edit the file custom_components/ui_lovelace_minimalist/base.py

search for yaml, around line 350ish you will see the configs for the regular dashboard and adaptive dashboard - there is a like that says require_admin, change it from False to True. restart HA.
not sure this will last an update of ULM so might need to do it again after updating ULM.

Hello guys,

Iā€™m trying to use the ā€œScenes Cardā€ to navigate from my views.
I have some problem using this feature:

I want to show the ā€œfull size pillā€ and Iā€™m using this code:

- type: "custom:button-card"
        template: "card_scenes_welcome"
        view_layout:
          grid-area: header
        variables:
          entity_1:
            entity_id: light.lavanderia
            icon: "mdi:home-roof" 
            name: "Home"L
            color: "yellow"
            nav_path: "/minimalist-tablet/home"
            state: "on"

Using ā€œstate: onā€, the pill still remain small.

Can someone help me?
thanks

When I press the button to turn on the light it goes all the way up to 100 percent and not the last percentage it was when the light was turned off. Is there a way to fix that?

Great that you found the solution!

Silly question: how do you update? I found instruction for updating if youā€™re on a (very) old version which Iā€™m not it seems.

Cannot figure out how to update

Hi all,

After upgrading from v1.3.6 to v1.3.9 the browser no longer shows all the cards with an entity attribute. For example, in my main page I have every room of my house. Some of them have the climate of the room as entity to show its temperature, some of them donā€™t have any entity. Now I can only see the rooms with no entity:

As you can imagine, all rooms are almost empty as every button with entity attribute (lights, switches, covers, etcā€¦) are not shownā€¦

Any idea?

Thank you

not sure whats wrong with the default room card, but in the mean time you might want to give my custom room card a try My Custom Cards for Minimalist UI it has a lot more options.

Thank you for the reply I will take a look to your custom room card!

But my problem is not only with the room card is with all cards with an entity attribute as lights, switchesā€¦

are you using the method of letting UI Lovelace Minimalist install custom card resources, if so try this method, as that method does always have the lastest up to date resources.

go to Open your Home Assistant instance and show an integration., then click on Configure, then make sure that Include custom card resources it's depending on. is UN-CHECKED, and click SUBMIT

then, goto to HACS ā†’ frontend and install these:

button-card
lovelace-card-mod
mini-graph-card
mini-media-player
my-cards
light-entity-card
auto-entities
simple-weather-card

my-cards is one integration that might not be in HACS repository click on the link to install it Open your Home Assistant instance and open a repository inside the Home Assistant Community Store.

No luck. In fact, since I started with Minimalist before it was in HACS, I already had all the cards installed and updated in HACSā€¦