šŸŒ» Lovelace UI ā€¢ Minimalist

My understanding is pallette applies to lights like WLED where you have multiple colors impacting the same light. I am struggling with a similar situation over here as I have a bunch of Hue lights and the color selector bounces back to whatever color it currently is. Then if I change views to go back to the home page, it will change to a different color (sometimes the one I was trying to change to.) This has been incredibly frustrating to deal with, and I have not gotten closer to a resolution at all.

Have you gotten your lights working? Also, any ideas on what the Back and More options buttons do?

following the 2024.2 update, all my button card icons derived from an entity are blank. I assume this is to do with the ā€œunder the hoodā€ changes mentioned in the release notes. All the icons specified explicitly in code are still showing though. Anyone else had this? (Iā€™ve tried clearing the cache)

3 Likes

Same problem here!

2 Likes

Hi everyone. Iā€™m using some custom button-cards / tile cards in my Lovelace UI. When adding the weather-card today I have the font/fontsize out of the regular pattern. Could somebody give me a hint, what is wrong?

To me it looks like the custom card isnā€™t applied as the text should be aligned left too.

hereā€™s the code-snippet:

- type: horizontal-stack
            cards:
              - type: "custom:button-card"
                template: card_weather
                entity: weather.guedderath
                variables:
                  ulm_card_weather_name: " "
                  ulm_card_weather_primary_info:
                   false
                  ulm_card_weather_secondary_info:
                   false
                  ulm_card_weather_backdrop:
                   false
              - type: tile
                color: accent
                name: Garagentor
                entity: binary_sensor.kg_garage_sensor
                show_entity_picture: false
                icon_tap_action:
                  action: more-info

Thanks for your help!

Do you have a solution yet?

I think the current solution is just to manually indicate an icon for everything in the lovelace YAML.

Hopefully a universal fix is on the way?

The button card integrated in UI minimaliste is not up to date (version 4.1.0 which is not compatible with HA 2024.2 icons handling).
You either have to update it manually in the config folders or uncheck the option ā€œinclude custom card ressources itā€™s depending onā€ in UI-minimalist device configuration and install all needed cards as described here under ā€œManual downloadā€ : https://ui-lovelace-minimalist.github.io/UI/setup/download/

1 Like

Check this issue: Room card not displaying icons HA Core 2024.2.0 Ā· Issue #1454 Ā· UI-Lovelace-Minimalist/UI Ā· GitHub

Iā€™m struggling to get popups working, have followed the instructions and have the latest browser mod installed, any tips on fixing this?

Same issue too

Hi,

does anyone has a clue why the variables in the generic card are not applied?

cards:
      - type: 'custom:button-card'
        template: card generic
        entity: sensor.shelly_temperature
        variables:
          ulm_card_generic_name: Temperatur
          ulm_card_generic icon: mdi: thermometer
          ulm card_generic_color: "red'

try putting them in quotes, and donā€™t mix single and double quotes.

ie

cards:
        template: card generic
        entity: sensor.shelly_temperature
        variables:
          ulm_card_generic_name: 'Temperatur'
          ulm_card_generic icon: 'mdi: thermometer'
          ulm card_generic_color: 'red'

Thanks, I have tried now all with single quotes, with double quotes and without quotes. Still does not show the name. I havenā€™t used this card somewhere else in my dashboard so far, so I am not sure if this is a bug or if Iā€™m just not clever enough.

just spotted a typo template: card generic change to template: card_generic

Must be a typo as I was underway when posting this.

This is the full config of this page.

- title: "Abstellraum"
    path: abstellraum
    cards:
        template: chip_back
        variables:
          ulm_chip_back_path: /ui-lovelace-minimalist/01_home
        cards:
            color_type: blank-card
            template: card_title
            name: "Abstellraum"
            color_type: blank-card
        cards:
            template: card_generic
            entity: sensor.shelly_h_t_temperature
            variables:
              ulm_card_generic_name: 'Temperatur'
              ulm_card_generic_icon: 'mdi:thermometer'
              ulm_card_generic_color: 'red'

template: card_generic
            entity: sensor.shelly_h_t_humidity
            variables:
              ulm_card_generic_name: 'Luftfeuchtigkeit'

template: card_binary_sensor
        entity: binary_sensor.luftungsempfehlung
        variables:
          ulm_card_binary_sensor_color: 'green'
          ulm_card_binary_sensor_force_background_color: true
          ulm_card_binary_sensor_alert: false

And it shows as in the screenshot.

I have created a few custom color templates and placed them here with the built-in ones:

/config/custom_components/ui_lovelace_minimalist/ui_minimalist/ulm_templates/card_templates/colors

It works, but upon update my custom files are removed. Is there any other place in the structure where I can put the color template files that will be preserved upon update?

As I submitted that, I found the answer here, lol: https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/143ah5w/minimalist_ui_color_templates_help/

You can create subfolder in custom_cards or even paste your yaml files directly there.

yep installing all resources manually, restart HA then clearing the browser cache worked for me. Iā€™d always assumed the ā€œInclude custom card resources itā€™s depending onā€ option simply downloaded the most up-to-date version for you from the appropriate source, but I see now this isnā€™t the case (which does make sense actually!!) and instead theyā€™re included in the ULM release, so would be dependent on this being updated. So Iā€™m going to continue using card-mod, etc, manually to ensure always using the most recent version.

I have been trying to set a dashboard image for the adaptive ui but for some reason its not displaying the background image. I added this in the minimalist-desktop.yaml under dark mode:
background-image: center / cover no-repeat url('test/pexels-pixabay-533157.jpg') fixed
and then in the adaptive-ui.yaml I just have this background: var(--background-image) but nothing is being displayed in the background. Its just the default dark background. Any tips?

hi guys, Iā€™m setting up a minimalist mob. dashboard.
Add the moment encounter 2 problems.\

1. I use the custom card: card_esh_room, for some reason the pop-up for the thermostat is not working!?

2. I try to use the custom card: custom_card_damix48_power_details, but I get the error: the variables_langueage is missing?

somebody knowā€™s whatā€™s going on?