🌻 Lovelace UI • Minimalist

ok - thank you…

1 Like

I tried this but it only shows one light as one.

- type: "custom:button-card"
            template: chip_icon_state
            triggers_update: sensor.current_lights_on
            variables:
              ulm_chip_icon_state_icon: "💡️"
              ulm_chip_icon_state_entity: sensor.current_lights_on

sensor.yaml

- platform: template
   sensors:
     current_lights_on:
       friendly_name: All Lights Currently On
       value_template: >-
         {{ expand('light.all_lights') |selectattr('state','equalto','on')|list|length }}

config.yaml

light:
   - platform: group
     name: All Lights
     entities:
       - light.lightsofa_lamp
       - light.yeelight_color4_0x1259234d
       - light.nattz_bed_light
       - light.kim_bed_ligh
       - light.yeelight_color4_0x123d6657
       - light.yeelight_stripe_0x12c6a5b7
       - light.guestroom_bed_light_left
       - light.guestroom_bed_light_right

What am I missing? :roll_eyes:

Expand a light group in this way:

state: >-
          {{ expand(state_attr('light.your_light_group', 'entity_id') )
            | selectattr('state', 'eq', 'on') 
            | list 
            | count
          }}

1 Like

The theme looks great. I want to use it very much, but I just couldn’t manage it. I had previously set up a theme over hacs in Home assistant and it was simple to use and ios-dark theme.

I did what was explained in this theme, the name of the Minimalist Ui theme came to the left menu, but its content is empty. I couldn’t find how to apply it to my current dashboard.

Below I am attaching the images of my current dashboard and the minimalist theme I just added. Can you help me?

my current theme

Hmm that’s not an easy question.

Minimalist UI is a combination of different cards and a theme.

If you want to use just the theme, you can do so by clicking on you profile (bottom left) and selecting the minimalist-theme. But this might not give you the experience you were expecting.
To get the full experience you should migrate the current cards as well :wink:

Yes I am aware of the situation but I am confused on how to do this. Actually, everything has been explained, but I don’t know from which step to start.

I see a minimalist UI in the profile section you mentioned, but it does not give the design that the theme should give.

The designer made a very nice design. And I want to use the same.

I installed the necessary requirements, everything is ready. :confused:

Do you prefer to use yaml configuration or UI configuration for your frontend layout?

I would prefer to use this if it would be easier to use the UI configuration.
But you can direct me, I would like to continue with the method you know better.

when i do the minimalist ui setup it tells me you can’t edit the UI.

Hi all. No one will tell you if the problem with the slider on mobile devices was solved?

Ok, that good.

The integration should have made a new folder in your home assistant configuration folder called ui_lovelace_minimalist with inside a file: ui-lovelace.yaml.

In here, there should be some configuration to show the sun card.
You can edit this file to make a beautiful UI :slight_smile:

Oh, damn. I forgot about that. :frowning: I will try and fix it tomorrow

@azafrak

Based on this screenshot, here is the documentation for some cards that might help you:

The next release v0.0.5 which is expected soon will include a more advanced auto-generated dashboard with some examples of card-configurations. For now this ‘theme’ only supports editing the yaml-file within a code-editor as explained on Configuration - UI Lovelace Minimalist.
I am also working on a Git repo to share my Minimalist-dashboards so people can get some inspiration on how to set up there lovelace files https://github.com/basbruss/Minimalist-dashboards (Still WIP).

2 Likes

This is great news. It will be an easier solution for many people.

Thank you very much for your answer and help. So everything is ready and I will just enter the commands in the yaml file as in my current design. But is it true that when I enter commands I will replace mine with codes of minimalis ui design?

I’m not sure what you mean with codes and commands? Can you explain?

The codes of the card on the far left that I want to do. In the middle is the code I added into the ui-minimal yaml file. On the right is the result.

The result was not what I wanted to do.

You copied the code from the template over to your configuration :slight_smile:

This is not necessary and is handled automatically by the include statement at the top of the file.

Everything below this line:

### Card Media Player With Control ###

I think I’m going right, but what I don’t understand is why the cards I set up for my TV don’t look right?

It looks like you’re on the right track indeed.
I don’t know whats causing the issue.

Can you try this card instead?
https://ui-lovelace-minimalist.github.io/UI/usage/cards/card_media_player_with_controls/