šŸŒ» Lovelace UI ā€¢ Minimalist

Hi Madir,

Your approach looks really nice!

Can you please share the code of the square one? This is something that was already on my list of to-do :slight_smile:

V0.0.7

A new release with some needed bugfixes, script enhancements and a mobile iOS theme :slightly_smiling_face:

Changes

:bulb: Features

:sparkles: Code enhancements

:bug: Bug Fixes

:speech_balloon: Translations

:memo: Documentation

:heart: Thank you so much for helping out to keep this UI awesome

@AndyVRD, @CM000n, @LRvdLinden, @Neekster, @TheZoker, @appuchias, @basbruss, @dcoro, @desty2k, @filikun, @github-actions, @leon38, @mazerte, @mullerpeter, @schumijo, @sildehoop, @stokkie90 and @ulic75

5 Likes

thank you for the update and your time.

short maybe stupid question, in which folder can i put my yaml file with my own customized card templates without them getting moved / overwritten with every HACS updateā€¦ ?

Thatā€™s not a stupid question :slight_smile:
You can put your own yaml file in the custom-cards folder. config/ui_lovelace_minimalist/custom_cards
Also everything in your dashboard folder will not be overwritten with an update.

Only the files in custom_components/ui_lovelace_minimalist/ will be overwritten with an update :wink:

1 Like

Thank you very much @basbrus

another question, but also to other people who build cards for this beautiful theme.

my customized cards are far from perfect and more stolen and merged from other cards than self-developed. I would like to bring them to a higher level and be able to give more back to the community.

What would be the starting points, to get off to a good start?
Is there possibly an editor which shows this relatively well and live?

Or otherwise asked, what is your development process for new cards?

Iā€™m more the gui type, but I suppose there is nothing like that, it would already help to create just a rough framework.

Pretty sure the square one is just the same card but in a horizontal stack and so it is just resized.

On the other hand, those solid colour cards look really catchy! I like!

I had copy and paste the custom_card_room ui and template code, but I don't seem to find it anymore. Was it taken off from here?

Thank you for your time and help!

Iā€™d also love to know this, am keen to contribute but my code is really average at best. Would be great if there was a guide as to how to use the base cards within Minimalist and build on them, as well as the core components that drive the theme etc.

1 Like

Has the media pop up stopped working for anyone else? For some reason it isnā€™t working for me now

Since the latest updates to the media_player_card you have to set a variable to use the popups this is the same way as for the card_light:
ulm_card_media_player_enable_popup: true

First take a look on this page: Custom-Cards - UI Lovelace Minimalist
There are some style/guidelines and some tools to help cleanup your code.

Iā€™am personally using VSCode with the pre-commit from the repo, prettier (for color highlighting in yaml), the added dev-container with docker-desktop and Quokka (to test JavaScript templates).

Most of these are pretty quick to learn and will take off a massive load to develop clean code.
Furthermore the documentation on custom:button-card is pretty well and shows a lot of possibilities.
And you can always use one of the existing card_templates with a similar lay-out as you want to achieve as a boilerplate :wink:

Sorry for the delay but i released a pr for the improved yaml and card code.

readme.md

2 Likes

Hey guys, I have three questions:

• language of the cards - is there one setting for language for every card or do I have to delete the rest of the languages?
  • where are the custom cards data stored which are used? because if I delete languages from here: config/ui_lovelace_minimalist/custom_cards it doesnā€™t change the language but when I delete it from custom_components/ui_lovelace_minimalist/` it does change but this file is overwritten with update so it will reinstall the languages again :confused:
  • pop ups - is there any reason my pop ups (for example hold for light pop up) wonā€™t work? also custom person card has click/hold for pop up but in my case it does nothing.

Hello @TJohnson93,

Do you find a way to implement it on Lovelace strategies ?

Thanks for sharing! One of the things thatā€™s thrown me off is the mixed use of the dark theme and card background colours. Seems like some cards use coloured backgrounds and some donā€™t, so when I mix and match I sometimes end up with mixed cards.

Will work it out if I create anything new but thought Iā€™d raise it as something that could be improved over time for consistency.

Really loving the community effort on this theme, and hope I can contribute more!

are your popups hosted somewhere?
Would love to implement a bunch of them!

1 Like

To be honest, never got that farā€¦ Lifeā€¦ On my half finished projects list at the moment :rofl::joy::sweat_smile::sob:

Since 0.0.7 the light and light sliders donā€™t seem to be working for me. For myself (Android, web) the view where I have all light switches shows sometimes but doesnā€™t display the cards, my wifeā€™s app (iPhone) crashes completely when she switches to the lights view. The light cards donā€™t seem to be changed with the last update, any one else experiencing this?

1 Like

I am too experienting this. It was working for me in v0.0.5 (or v0.0.4, donā€™t know anymore), but after the update to v0.0.7 the light-card isnā€™t working anymore, they donā€™t show up. Tested on Web (Chrome, Firefox), Android App (Phone and Tablet).

2 Likes