šŸŒ» Lovelace UI ā€¢ Minimalist

Iā€™ve had everything working fine until I added that weather card (also using that as my theme). No issues without it. Weird. If nobody else has noticed anything, Iā€™ll need to take a look at my implementation to figure out where this is going wrong.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I removed lines 1 and 2 as suggested and added the dash in front of title. I know have the tabs at the top. Yay!!

1 Like

Yay! Happy it worked :slight_smile:

Two questions here.

1. On the Welcome Scenes card can I have the buttons perform like a navigation button? If yes can someone help with the YAML I need to use? I have tried all I can think of but canā€™t get it working.

2. On the Room card I canā€™t get the side icons to work correctly (only the light is showing correct) I want to use my AC state to show if the AC is on or off. My AC entity will show an attribute of the HVAC mode, off/cool/fan/auto, so I would like this to show what the AC is doing.

Thanks in advance.

I also have the same issue, played with the templates a little bit but my understanding is admittedly limited - would love to know how to make the HVAC status show on the room card icon

1 Like
  1. Yes it is possible. Iā€™m still trying wrapping my head around customising cards with yaml, but what Iā€™ve done is created a copy of the welcome_cards template and created a custom card and modified the section that uses ā€œcard_scenes_pill_welcomeā€ as a template (item1 starts from line 241 on the original card for me). In the cards, they use a template called ā€œtap_actionā€ Iā€™ve added another template on the bottom to link to the view I want to navigate to with:
YOUR_TEMPLATE_NAME:
  tap_action:
    action: navigate
    navigation_path: "YOUR NAVIGATION PATH" #eg. "/ui-lovelace-minimalist/target-view"

Ultimately, it would be nice to be able to add your path when you add your entity and use that value dynamically, but Iā€™ve yet to figure out how all of that works. For now, these individual hard-coded templates have been working for me. Whatā€™s nice is that I can have both scenes/automations/input booleans get triggered AND have navigation if I wanted to. I hope that makes sense. Iā€™ll try to clarify if it doesnā€™t.

1. Iā€™m not sure if you mean the card lights up or the side icon lights up when you use a light. If itā€™s the former and you want the entire card to change colours based on the entity youā€™ve used for it, you will most likely have to create modified versions of the colour templates that use a specific state to light up the card.

If it is the latter, Iā€™m having the same issue. I cannot seem to get the mini-icons on the side to show any state - yet. If anyone else knows how to get this to work, that would be greatly appreciated because at the moment, it is incredibly hard to easily tell if something is on or off when the icon stays grey.

1 Like

Hello,
I am on a fresh install of HA and am running into issues with trying to get ulm_card_light_enable_popup to work. It dose not matter if I have it set to true or false, I get what I am assuming is the HA default entry card. I have all of the extensions (as far as I can tell) installed via HACS, and I have browser_mod in my configuration.yaml file. I do not have the homekit light pop up card extension installed, but I did before I reset my system and it still made no differences.

For simplistic reasons, I am trying to get this to work on just the default/welcome example ui-lovelace.yaml. Really silly question - this is suppose to work on all platforms right? Not just iOS? That is the only thing I can think of at this point. Any help would be wonderful!

2 Likes

I am running into this issue for a verry long time now, havenā€™t found a fix yet, so any help would be wonderfull!

Is there any way to change the icon and title for a generic card like:

- type: 'custom:button-card'
  template: card_generic
  entity: sensor.next_waste_collection

First of all, you may want to consider the waste collection custom card: Waste Collection Custom-card - UI Lovelace Minimalist

But if you want a custom icon and title, just use this:

- type: 'custom:button-card'
  template: card_generic
  entity: sensor.next_waste_collection
  name: My Amazing Name
  icon: mdi:myicon

Same for me!

Does your entity looks by any chance as: group.foyer_lights?
The card_light only supports light and switch entities, not group entities.
But you can create a light group which is supported by looking at this page Light Group - Home Assistant. So you should create a light-group like light.foyer_lights.

Okā€¦new issue :slight_smile: This time with the room card.

This is what I have setup:

- title: "Home"
  path: home
  icon: "mdi:home"
  cards:
    - type: "vertical-stack"
      cards:
        - type: "custom:button-card"
          template: "card_title"
          name: "xxxxxx šŸ”"
        - type: "horizontal-stack"
          cards:
              template: chip_back
              variables:
                ulm_chip_back_path: /ui_lovelace_minimalist/02_wohnbereich
              template: chip_temperature
              entity: weather.dark_sky
              tap_action:
                action: "more-info"
              variables:
                ulm_chip_temperature_inside: sensor.temperatur_wohnzimmer
                ulm_chip_temperature_outside: sensor.temperatur_aussen
                ulm_chip_temperature_weather: weather.dark_sky
          template: "card_title"
          name: "RƤume"
          template:
            - card_room
            - red_no_state
          name: Wohnbereich
          entity: light.wohnzimmer_decke
          icon: mdi:television
          tap_action:
            action: navigate
            navigation_path: "/ui-lovelace-minimalist/Wohnbereich"
          variables:
            label_use_temperature: false
            label_use_brightness: false
          entity_1:
            entity_id: light.light_2
            templates:
              - yellow_on
            tap_action:
              action: toggle
          entity_2:
            entity_id: switch.harmony_sonos_wohnzimmer
            templates:
              - blue_on
            tap_action:
            action: none
          entity_3:
            entity_id: light.hue_play_2
            templates:
              - green_on
              - red_off
            tap_action:
          entity_4:
            entity_id: light-hue_play_1
            templates:
              - pink_on
            tap_action:

And this is what I see after a reboot :slight_smile:

All entities are spelled correctly. DonĀ“t kow what wrong and I hope someone can help

Quick look and entity_4 should be light.hue_play_1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Look at your indentation, everything I have quoted should have another tab infront :wink:

2 Likes

IOS-taskbar is awesome.
But, iā€™m not be able to scroll, is it normal ?

And again you saved me a ton of headache :smiley:
This comes from blindly copyĀ“nĀ“paste

Even if this wasnt t he solution to my Problem it would have caused a lot of headache too :slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like

Also not with the arrow?

3 Likes

Would you share the yaml of the custom card?