Lovelace: Versatile Swiss Army Knife Custom Card

This occurs with card number 7 also. Units appear but not the values

Canā€™t make up my mind, should I continue with thisā€¦ It looks very nice and promising, however my installation so far is mostly build from UI, with minimal YAML. Not because I canā€™t do YAML, but because my household more and more depends on HA and I want it to be as stable as possible. So no workarounds or hand written code, but ā€˜click-to-installā€™.

For now to make this work, I have to create multiple folders and files, and my dir-structure doesnā€™t seem to match yours? (running HA Docker on Synology). For example I donā€™t have any lovelace folder and lovelace yaml-files and simply creating them doesnā€™t seem to work?

Is there a possibility that in the future this great card can be installed completely from UI? With other cards Iā€™ve seen you have to install the card Ć”nd a custom component (both using HACS) and the combination makes it work. I suspect the files and folders that are needed are installed through the component?? Is this possible with Versatile Swiss Army Knife?

1 Like

do your sensors have state values or attribute values?

- entity: weather.zoefdehaas
              attribute: pressure
              decimals: 0
              unit: 'hPa'
              icon: mdi:gauge

if it is without attributes just delete the line: ā€œattribute: pressureā€.

If this isnā€™t the case did you attach the right entities to it?

For some reason I cannot style the usersvg.

I did some reading on github repository about embedded svg / inline but cannot figure out how to use it.
I thought using a predefined filter would do the trick but no change. The SVG file show up but I cannot style it in any way, no color, no shadow, no gradient, nothingā€¦

Anyone an idea?

- type: 'usersvg'           # tooltype is 'usersvg'
            position:                 # Position on (100x100) canvas
              cx: 50                  # cx=50 is center position
              cy: 50                  # cy=50 is center position
              height: 40             # Image covers full heigth and...
              width: 40              # ...width of card.
            # entity_index: 0
            style: 'images'
               - default: /local/ui/buttons/xdown-arrow-svgrepo-com.svg # '[[var_image]]'
            styles:
              usersvg:
                filter: url(#sak-inset-2)  # --> no filter works from the predefined ones

What should styles: ā†’ usersvg: ā†’ filter: have as a result? should I use a filter or a fill ? using classes instead of styles is also a no goā€¦

Hello, thxs for your amazing work.

One quick question.

Do you plan to support the last-triggered for secondary info ?

Thxs

Hello,

Iā€™m trying to get Swiss Army Knife card to work with the custom:auto-entities card, but it doesnā€™t work. Anyone have an idea how to do it?

Work in progressā€¦

2 Likes

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong, I think I have gone through all the installation points and uploaded all the filesā€¦

Show your code please

Seems an issue with the template

Iā€™m afraid itā€™s the whole card code, missing a delcaration of some kind to know where to take the layout from

check if template files are there

Great card! Iā€™ve been playing with it for a few days and it looks very promising. However, I have a question: is there any way to style usersvg? Iā€™d love to be able to change the colors via animations instead of just changing the svgs.

Hi all! is there any way to put a linebreak in text? when entity label are long, svg rendering is no stripping or line breaking it.

Thanks!

I install and some things work outher no:
Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 11-03-32 VisaĢƒo Geral ā€“ Home Assistant
work

dont work

work

???

how I can fix the error!
Capture|690x356

I have just started to use this card, it is a card.
I have made my first test card, but one thing which I cannot solve, my temperature sensor is sending RSSI value which is a negative dBm value, and somehow the card puts another negative sign before the value, and I cannot get the arc to work, it is also because of the sensor value is a negative value, if I put negative min max values, it is not helping either, can you help me how to get over this?
CleanShot 2022-09-22 at 17.51.26

I had also the same problem after the install, I could not get it working. But I have started to create my own card from zero, based on the tutorial, and it was working just fine, no idea why the example not working.

1 Like

I had also same problems with sake2 cards.
Thatā€™s why I went to other colourful mix.
See some post above where you see my example and also link to my config on GitHub.
@AmoebeLabs you know or this problems on sake2 are solved next release.
Or when new RC is coming?

1 Like

Can someone help. Last step of the documentation and im getting this error.

### in "/config/sak-examples-dashboard.yaml", line 12, column 3: Unable to read file /config/lovelace/decluttering_templates/decluttering_templates.yaml.

Is the decluttering_templates.yaml file is in the specified folder?