Lovelace: Versatile Swiss Army Knife Custom Card

Well thats the thing, I get super confused now with the file structure.

Im running HA in a HyperV enviroment, and folder structure seems to be strange compared to what im used to.

I can locate the file at, and this is from terminal directly.

config/www/community/decluttering-card/decluttering-card.js

Im lost haha.

Have you declared the .js in your configuration.yaml ?

I have this

lovelace:
  mode: yaml
  resources: !include lovelace/resources/resources.yaml

and this

- url: /hacsfiles/swiss-army-knife-card/swiss-army-knife-card.js
  type: module

I do not have a lovelace folder.

Where do I find the sak_templates folder?

Look good at the folder structure in documentation
And read step by step

You need the lovelace folder

Hi,

Installation is a long story for me … but I feel I’m at the end of the journey! Some examples are working (more or less), some are fully empty/blank.

But i think most of my issues come from the M3 template.

In the logs, I have plenty of warning on those files

2022-09-25 16:51:39.497 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] YAML file /config/lovelace/sak_templates/templates/material3/toolset-m3-palette-colors-template.yaml contains duplicate key “cx”. Check lines 41 and 68
[…]
2022-09-25 16:46:07.670 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] YAML file /config/lovelace/sak_templates/templates/material3/toolset-m3-mode-colors-template.yaml contains duplicate key “cx”. Check lines 31 and 64

In those files, those lines refer to &rectpos and *rectpos, some kind of pointer?

Any hints are welcome!

Ok, I have everything working now.

1 thing, a few of the tabs in the example and tutorials dashboards do no load content. Is there a way to fix this.

Thanks

That is correct they are just example codes with most of them the wrong entity for you.
If you change the right entity of the devices and other setting it will load.

You can use the example with change of your entity to make a start and change them like you want to customize your own card.

I have made some own versions also.
You can check my GitHub with code and picture example.

On manual are also lot of examples and how the code it build to it.

Love this card!
My dashboard so far:

But, did anyone manage to open custom popup from it? I can’t make it work for some reason.

5 Likes

All,

I have been very impressed with the work and quality to date that has gone into this card.

One general question though: how is the performance of these cards on mobile phones ?
Sluggish ? Very quick and reactive ?

306777953_5150896621689420_1622535855453847999_n

YOU have the code card for this?

Sorry, but i can not post it, i d’ont use template :slight_smile:

1 Like

Time for GitHub :wink:
I shared my custom cards as well on it hope I can inspire people or use some example

1 Like

I need one like this with:

• motion sensor
  • division name
  • control light
  • temperature
  • humidity
  • door sensor
  • window sensor
  • blind opening control

I’ve been reading a lot but I still haven’t managed to create my card… If I leave my email can you help me???

Check out my GitHub (some post above) for some examples.
I have a door, wall plug / power combi sensor.
Smoke, co, water en door sensors already.

my first card. it’s not finished yet. I have a problem with the slide bar for the blind (COVER).
the code that I searched for the slide bar for light. but it does not work…

Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 17-14-13 Visão Geral – Home Assistant
Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 17-15-05 File editor – Home Assistant

You have the code to open the cover (not light). I need only the part the switch code.
Please.

has anyone attempted to control thermostat with slider?

able to monitor thermostat not control atm

1 Like

After installing this, half the examples are missing. Also rhe templates look all messed up.

I am receiving the following errors:

Logger: frontend.js.latest.202211021
Source: components/system_log/__init__.py:256
First occurred: 4:49:50 PM (65 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:06:57 PM

http://172.16.101.3:8123/hacsfiles/swiss-army-knife-card/swiss-army-knife-card.js:469:1311 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'drawStart')
http://172.16.101.3:8123/hacsfiles/swiss-army-knife-card/swiss-army-knife-card.js:469:2484 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'style')
http://172.16.101.3:8123/hacsfiles/swiss-army-knife-card/swiss-army-knife-card.js:27:6284 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'callService')
http://172.16.101.3:8123/hacsfiles/swiss-army-knife-card/swiss-army-knife-card.js:697:1611 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'state')
Logger: homeassistant.util.yaml.loader
Source: util/yaml/loader.py:155
First occurred: 3:29:09 PM (254 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:53:30 PM

YAML file /config/lovelace/sak_templates/templates/material3/toolset-m3-surface-colors-template.yaml contains duplicate key "cx". Check lines 41 and 342
YAML file /config/lovelace/sak_templates/templates/material3/toolset-m3-surface-colors-template.yaml contains duplicate key "cx". Check lines 41 and 357
YAML file /config/lovelace/sak_templates/templates/material3/toolset-m3-surface-colors-template.yaml contains duplicate key "cx". Check lines 41 and 372
YAML file /config/lovelace/sak_templates/templates/layouts/sak-layout-fce-light-with-slider.yaml contains duplicate key "fill". Check lines 283 and 284
YAML file /config/lovelace/sak_templates/templates/layouts/sak-layout-fce-light-with-slider.yaml contains duplicate key "fill". Check lines 284 and 285

Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks