Lovelace: Weather card with chart

yes, as I said, you have to find a value that doesnt interfere too much with the coherence of the rest of the card. Or start experimenting there too of course :wink:

it’s all available, edit the css style codes and immediately see the results.

card looks great, but does anyone know why I cannot get the daily forecast (or green graph line for that matter) to appear?

I have installed via HACs, config is the basic:

weather:
  - platform: openweathermap
    api_key: [] 

and lovelace-ui is just:

- type: custom:weather-card-chart
        title: Weather
        weather: weather.openweathermap

I have tried including “mode: daily” but it makes no difference. Any thoughts?

The openweathermap integration currently only supplies forecasts for a 3hr period of each day. Means it can’t map separate night time temps. Etc. Hopefully, this will improve soon owm has a new api and people are working on t for HA.

Ahh! Thanks, makes sense

Not using the chart card with Owm, but I do have a daily forecast on Owm:

There’s a free plan available for that .

Read the api docs, it’s a 3hr per da forecast, unless you use the new onecall api

@bobzer, following your advice I have opened an issue on Github about your weather card.
But since you haven’t answered any questions since January on Github, I don’t know if you are still maintaining your project.
It would be nice if you could say something about it.

Thanks for the issue?
Sorry about that, I wasn’t able to maintain it lately.
I’ll not give up on it but I didn’t had time.
I hope to get some time to fix it this month.
I use it also and want to get it fix.
Sorry about the inconvenience

anyone else missing the icon for wind bearing? Suddenly notice this, not sure if is has been gone longer…dont really understand the error in inspector either :wink:

windbearing is available:

udate

fixed by @koying here https://github.com/Yevgenium/lovelace-weather-card-chart/issues/35#issue-622351340
sorry I missed that before. Btw Do we really need the --mdc-icon-size: 74px; ? Suppose that is for the main icon… (which I don’t use, so never mind)

I’ve only changed the

-              <ha-icon icon="hass:[[getWindDirIcon(windBearing)]]"></ha-icon> [[getWindDir(windBearing)]]<br>
+              <ha-icon icon="[[getWindDirIcon(windBearing)]]"></ha-icon> [[getWindDir(windBearing)]]<br>

line and the icon came back, thank you very much :wink:

Yep, that’s only to get the big main icon. Without this, you get the default 48px size.

thanks, yes, figured that out after I posted, sorry… Don’t use the big Main icon myself, as you can see I use the animated icons, so was confused (we dont edit these files daily dont we…)

as there is no such thing as coincidence, after I had posted the successful gif, the full placeholder was empty, no icon, no direction…

took me a while to notice my weather integration was at fault, and didn’t materialize the sensors completely. Buienradar does that sometimes, more often than one would wish for.

Still, they’re back now…:wink: #fingerscrossed

btw, this: https://github.com/home-assistant/frontend/issues/6004#issuecomment-633145308 would suggest you need to replace the width and height with the new mdc-icon-size, not add it, as I read your fix?

1 Like

Well, if all the HA users would migrate instantaneously to 110.x, sure.
If you want the code to still work under < 110.0, better keep both :wink:

a yes, didn’t think about that. Though in the end we probably all will have to go with the flow and adjust…

Is there anyway to change the line color?

Is anyone having issues on .111.2 with icon size?

before:

after:

yes, same problem here.

1 Like

I’ve opened an issue here if you want to track

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the height of the graph? I would likt to reduce it just a litlle bit to fit everything on my screen…

Okay, so I seem to have gotten the icon size fixed on 0.110+

Just remove the height and width css in line 119 and 120:

--iron-icon-height: 74px;
          --iron-icon-width: 74px;

and put this in it’s place:

--mdc-icon-size: 74px;

Link to diff is below, I’ve opened a PR for @Yevgeniy

Edit: jesus christ, I just realized that @koying fixed this already. I thought you guys were fixing the wind icon.