šŸŖ« Low Battery Notifications & Actions

I have a bunch off homematic devices but they report low battery as binary value. So when the battery is low the sensor is true. Is there any way to integrate these into your blueprint?

No problem at all :wink:

Blacky :smiley:

@stephan182730

Normally HA will see ā€˜trueā€™ as ā€˜onā€™ and that is already added. Please check this and make sure you have the correct settings.

If this is not the case then could you please provide a screen shot of your entity from within the developer tools and could you also please provide us your YAML of the automation? This YAML code are the settings you have selected in the automation so I can help. To do this go into your automation, top right 3 dots, Edit in YAML, copy all the code, come back to the forum and in your reply at the top tool bar click on ā€œ</>ā€ and paste code in there.

Hi,
I think I may have found a bug in the TODO description when running with confirmation disabled. When running with a custom group only, my TODO task description was empty.
Looking at your gist, I think you want this line

description: "{{all_sensors|replace(', ', '\n')}}"

to be

description: "{{to_do_message}}"

@jstys92

Firstly welcome to the community :wave:

Yep you sure have. I will fix itā€¦ thanks for the heads up.

I will look at it

Again thanks for the heads up letting me know.

EDIT: Home Assistant has a bug in the to-do list. I am waiting for them to fix this before I can fix the blueprint. All my to-do list are gone and I have errors. I have logged a bug report with HA.

New Update 2.0

Stay Charged, Stay Smart! Customize it your way and letā€™s automate your battery maintenance! :battery::zap:

Bugs Fixes :bug:

• Fixed bug in To-Do list when selecting option ā€˜Add To-Do List Action Buttonsā€™. This was reporting the wrong battery list.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

1 Like

New Update 2.1

:rocket: Stay Charged, Stay Smart! Letā€™s automate and take charge of your battery maintenance! :battery: :zap:

New Feature :new:

• Easy Notify - UI Notification Options - Enabling this option will display notifications directly within the Home Assistant user interface (UI).

Maintenance :toolbox:

• Massive code update.
  • Update to my new layout.
  • Updated a lot of input descriptions.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

Just transitioning from my NodeRED automations to the HA ones when I found this awesome blueprint. However I could not figure out if there is an option to use wildcards to ignore things. I am running battery nodes as an integration but would love to ignore all of the sensors from their and everything not reporting numbers. But rather than manually adding each of the devices to the ignore list, is it possible to use wildcards here as well? If so, how is this actually done? Thanks!

@kurisutian

We only have excluded entities not wildcards.

Thanks, I was just wondering if there would be any optionā€¦ I guess I have to do a lot of selecting thenā€¦ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to send emails with this. From the Custom actions section, it always send emails if there is a low battery or not. Perhaps have a checkbox for performing an action if the ā€œBattery Low Warning Levelā€ condition is met.

@PJMikols

Have a look at the FAQ

Q: How do I use the sensors in custom actions?

A: For more information please Click Here

Take note of item 5 as it will provide the condition you need.

here a example of the mail notification with the custom action:

service: notify.smtp_gmail
metadata: {}
data:
  title: šŸŖ«Batterie unter 10% ā¤µ
    Folgenden GerƤte haben weniger als 10% Batterie:{{'
    '}}ā€¢ {{sensors|replace(', ', '
    ā€¢ ')}}

Hello,
using this notification gives me empty sensors

service: notify.mobile_app_pixel_7_pro
data:
  title: "Des batteries sont a changer"

I just recieved the title
Thanks

@orcad-fr

Welcome to the community.

This is because your are using the custom actions and you need to build your code correctly. What is happening is you have no batteries to report so it is coming up blank. Below is the FAQ for you. See points 5, 6 & 7.

Q: How do I use the sensors in custom actions?

A: For more information please Click Here

To make it easy I have a easy notify option that will do it for you. Below are your settings.

Let us know if this works for you.

Sorry may I ask what is the easiest way to update the blueprint I have to 2.1 from Version: 1.5?

Also does updating remove/delete the automation I already have added?
Do I need to redo the automation completely as a result of updating?
As such is there a way to auto update and does that auto update the automation already setup?

Sorry new to blueprints so had to ask. BTW awesome work.

thanks

@Mrsash

There are a number of ways. The 2 easy ways are, go to the top of this post and just click the import button (blue button) again or in blueprints next to each blueprint on the right there are 3 dots. Click on it and select re-import blueprint.

No

No, some times I note some changes you need to do but this one is okay.

No, you have to do it manually.

Thanks updated. Awesome work. I had setup a helper Battery Threshold with a slider from 0 - 100. I had added it to my front Dash to change from 20 to 10 etc as needed instead of going to the automationā€™s. Is there an easy way to do this for this blueprint?

@Mrsash

Currently no, you have to go into the automation. It should be something that you set and forget. If you set it to 20% then when you get your low battery notification it should let you know what 10% it is. Then you can check the batteries that are at 10%. Also note you have a ā€˜Battery Sensors - Custom Groupā€™ were you can set a different % to your chosen batteries.

Yup happy with it. Functioning well. Added a button on dash to input_button.low_battery_button which does spot checks for me. Much appreciated.

1 Like