šŸŖ« Low Battery Notifications & Actions

Thank you for this Blueprint, Would be cool if we could get the batterys added to a To-Do list so we know to replace them or order more. Then when its done we can check it off the list.

@jes1417

Not a bad idea, I like it. I will add it to the list.

Blacky :smiley:

Cheers. Also the ability to ignore ā€œunavailableā€ ones in the check. I have a couple of sensors that drop out and back in from time to time as theyā€™re on the edge of wifi range

@Snux

You have the option to select if you donā€™t want to report ā€œunavailableā€ sensors.

@jes1417

This has now been addedā€¦ thanks for your suggestion :+1:

Hope you like it.

Enjoy

New Update 1.7

Stay Charged, Stay Smart! Customize it your way and letā€™s automate your battery maintenance! :battery::zap:

New Feature :new:

• Easy Notify - Action Buttons - Enhance your notifications with an actionable To-Do list button feature. With just a hold, release and tap, effortlessly add selected items from your low battery notification to any of your chosen To-Do lists. Plus, for added assurance, you can opt to receive a confirmation message confirming the action. Tapping your confirmation message takes your right to your To-Do list allowing you to edit it if required.

If you would like to include your battery type in your notification then Click Here on how to do this. Example below we added in (CR20232) but you could have (4 x AAA) or (Rechargeable) or just a separate list that relates to your device it is totally up to you.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

New Update 1.8

Stay Charged, Stay Smart! Customize it your way and letā€™s automate your battery maintenance! :battery::zap:

:exclamation: If you are on version 1.7 recommend update without delay.

Bugs Fixes :bug:

• Fixed bug when using action buttons and button was not pressed would stop automation from further notifications.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Hello:

Thank you for your Blueprint. I reviewed the different options above and not sure I understand some of the flow.

So, I would like to send a separate notification via pushover (which I have installed). But I would like the notification to be sent if any device has a low battery. In other words poll all batteries rather than a specific one and send a notification with that device name with low battery. Essentially same as the blueprint works in the easy notification section.

Never mind. Figured it out.

1 Like

Fantastic blueprint, very well documented and easy to use!

I was wondering if it would be possible to have an item per sensor added to the to-do list. In that way, they can be marked as completed individually.

Another interesting thing to be considered (maybe similar to what @ghostridernrw40 mentioned about the ā€œtoo little chargeā€) would be to include two thresholds. One for a simple warning (say 20%, when there is no need yet to replace the battery, but provides time to check if replacements need to be bought; this might not need to be added to the to-do list), and then another one for a critical warning (say 5%, a replacement is required now and this should be added to the to-do list). I tried duplicating the blueprint and sending different messages and options about the to-do list, but the below 5% sensors are reported twice, once as a critical warning and another as a simple warning.

Thanks!

@juanmb

No you will just need to edit the To-Do list removing the ones you have done until it is all done.

I will not matterā€¦ I know what you are trying to do but lets think of the logic. If the battery is below 20% then when it runs it reposts the level. So if you have a individual setting that report batteries below 20% first and then another one below 5% second then every time it runs it will always be below 20% :thinking: You will just have to put 20% and then when you get the notification look for the ones reporting below 5% and replace them.

If you add it to the To-Do list then when you get a confirmation it has been done, click on it as it will take you to your To-Do task. Then edit it removing the ones above 20%.

I not sure how critical or how fast your batteries go flat but if you set 5% like I do you have time to get batteries and replace them. If your batteries are critical then try using the ā€œBattery Sensors - Custom Groupā€ and add the critical faster discharging batteries in there and set a higher reporting level of say 20%. Then you have more time and is why it was added as a feature. Remember to exclude the batteries used in ā€œBattery Sensors - Custom Groupā€ so you dont get 2 reports of the same battery. Then make sure you enable custom group.

Let us know how you go.

1 Like

Hello:

As per my previous post, I am using pushover as my second notification to report battery levels of all devices below a certain level at a predetermined time everyday.

However, I am still receiving a notification at the predetermined time every day even though i have no devices below the predetermined level. So, no devices are displaying with the set battery level. I am using the {{all_sensors}} command

Is there a way to set a condition just for the pushover notification to not have a notification sent at the predetermined time if no device meet the battery level?

@raddip

Yep it is in the FAQ. Look at item 5, 6 & 7

Q: How do I use the sensors in custom actions?

A: Please Click Here

Figured it out. Thank you.

1 Like

Nice blueprint! Iā€™m testing right now.

Would it be possible to display the information on a Markdown card?

You would probably have to try this through custom actions.

The update to the integration Spook is detecting an error in your blueprint

Please report this to Spook as this is in the official HA documentation click here and it works.

Let us know how you go.

1 Like

New Update 1.9

Bugs Fixes :bug:

• Fixed bug when using Tuya, some other brands etc batteries that report low, some would not be shown. :crossed_fingers: hope I have got them now as I donā€™t use Tuya and cant test it so if someone can confirm that would be helpful.

Enjoy

I canā€™t get Alexa to say the names of the batteries that need replacing.

service: notify.alexa_media_animeking_echo_dot
data:
  title: Low Battery Notification
    {{sensors_names}} all have a low battery level and it is time to replace
    them