Lutron Caseta - invalid config

Thanks so much. I’ll see if I can get it working in hass.io and will post if I do.

No need to apologize. It’s not your doing… :frowning:

1 Like

I hate not being able to control my lights with HA anymore, but I really only have one automation that used Caseta. It turned off my kitchen lights when i went to bed at night…

My interim solution is as follows:

1. Create a Webhooks (formerly Maker) Applet on IFTTT.
  • If → Webhooks
  • then Caseta activate scene
  • Looks like this: If maker Event “kitchen_lights_off”, then activate scene called Kitchen Lights Off
  1. Setup IFTTT in HA
  2. Update automation action:
action:
  - service: ifttt.trigger
    data: {"event":"kitchen_lights_off"}

My lights will now turn off automatically again…

Anyone else come up with anything? Also… Anyone know how IFTTT can talk to Caseta non-pro bridge? Is this something we can setup in HA?

You’ve got this working on 0.53.1 or are you running a previous version of home-assistant prior to the “official” Caseta integration? I’d previously been using his branch before the proper integration but can’t get this to work on 0.53.1.

Strange, because I’m currently on 0.54 and I have been using @jhn’s Caseta implementation since the early 0.4X series (not sure exactly) with no problems now or at any point in between.

To anyone else looking, disregard! Was an error on my part. This is still working just fine. Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

I’m still trying to get @jhn implementation to work without luck. I switched from hass.io to all in one (and tried hassbian too). I’m able to see all my lights and can turn them on once. After that I lose all control over them. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks for any help.

where are you downloading these files to under hass.io? just set that up as a docker container to test and those files are removed each time i reload.

I gave up on hass.io. I tried putting them in custom components but that didn’t work.

I tried this in .55 on HassIO, but it’s giving me errors saying this.

Here’s the error I’m getting in hassbian and the AIO

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error while setting up platform caseta
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 164, in _async_setup_platform
SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=self.hass.loop)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 400, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py”, line 293, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 239, in _step
result = coro.send(None)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/sensor/caseta.py”, line 92, in async_setup_platform
yield from async_add_devices(devices)
TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not iterable

Hope the the support for Lutron Pro Hub comes soon!!

Thank you for the instructions! Just got my pro hub today, and this worked perfectly on 0.55.1. I finally have my Lutron lights back!

my pro hub comes tomorrow. I cant wait. My main reason is using the remotes for different functions

All done. easy enough.

bridges:
  - host: 192.168.1.37
    devices:
      - id: 2
        type: dimmer
      - id: 3
        type: switch
      - id: 4
        type: remote

I just got the Pro bridge tonight to replace my non-pro, since I’m all-in on hass.io I spent some time to figure it out and make it work. Basically you need to make a few changes to the light/caseta.py sensor/caseta.py and switch/caseta.py file

Change this line:

from homeassistant.components import caseta

to:

from custom_components import caseta

and then it should work.

I repackaged the files with my changes at put them in this git repo

Hope it helps someone else. Has anyone tried this version with serena shades?

1 Like

Oh nice!!! I currently have them in the regular components section. I’ll have to try that out

So to answer my own question - it works with serena shades, but they show up as dimmers. They will work by adjusting the brightness to raise/lower. If I have some free time I’ll attempt to implement a proper cover component.

Worked for me. Thanks so much!