Lutron dimmer switches will not load after upgrade to 66.0 hassio

@harvey would you recommend the wink hub or the wink hub 2?

Slightly more but covers 5 ghz routers (moves hub off of 2.4 ghz band) and can be connected over ethernet.

Oh and thanks for the information.

I don’t have any experience with the Wink 2 hub. Having the ethernet interface would be a real plus for my setup.

I used IFTTT amd a script file something like this. You will have to setup all the appropriate Webhooks.

lutrontableon:
alias: “Turn ON Basement Table Lamp”
sequence:

• service: ifttt.trigger
    data: {“event”:“LutronTableLampOn”}

lutrontableoff:
alias: “Turn Off Basement Table Lamp”
sequence:

data: {“event”:“LutronTableLampOff”}
    lutrontable9:
    alias: “Dim to 90 % Basement Table Lamp”
    sequence:
    data: {“event”:“LutronTableLamp9”}
    lutrontable8:
    alias: “Dim to 80 % Basement Table Lamp”
    sequence:
    data: {“event”:“LutronTableLamp8”}
    lutrontable7:
    alias: “Dim to 70 % Basement Table Lamp”
    sequence:
    data: {“event”:“LutronTableLamp7”}
    lutrontable6:
    alias: “Dim to 60 % Basement Table Lamp”
    sequence:
    data: {“event”:“LutronTableLamp6”}
    lutrontable59:
    alias: “Dim to 50 % Basement Table Lamp”
    sequence:
    data: {“event”:“LutronTableLamp5”}
    lutrontable4:
    alias: “Dim to 40 % Basement Table Lamp”
    sequence:
    data: {“event”:“LutronTableLamp4”}
    lutrontable3:
    alias: “Dim to 30 % Basement Table Lamp”
    sequence:
    data: {“event”:“LutronTableLamp3”}
    lutrontable2:
    alias: “Dim to 20 % Basement Table Lamp”
    sequence:
    data: {“event”:“LutronTableLamp2”}
    lutrontable1:
    alias: “Dim to 10 % Basement Table Lamp”
    sequence:
    data: {“event”:“LutronTableLamp1”}

I just came here to say, that the my pro hub was still working with the standard HA Lutron Caseta component as of today! I just switched over to pro custom component mentioned above today because i wanted support for the picos and to add another hub…it’s working great!. Maybe the pro hub did not get the upgrade?

@czoog You are using the Lutron_Caseta configuration (certs, etc) with a pro hub?

I think only the non-pro hub is subject to the changes mentioned before.

I did something like this the last time it broke. You can see my post here:

I just pushed my latest version of the same to my github repo if you want to check it out:

I hope someone finds a solution to allow us to use Lutron natively again!

@GervaisdeM thanks for sharing. I have not decided how I want to proceed. I just retired and hate to waste money to buy a new hub.

Unfortunately I am outside the return window to send the lutron junk back to Amazon and it does not appear that Lutron is interested in providing any help.

So I have 3 dimmers and 4 pico remotes. The question is can I find a replacement dimmer and remotes ( 1 circuit with 4-way dimmer and 2 single dimmers) to replace the Lutron for about the same cost as the pro hub ($150).

I hate to take a beating twice from the same company even if I have to pay extra and start all over.

Does anyone know if someone is working on a solution for the basic hubs, it is beyond my current abilities to correct the problem. If a fix is in the works or possible I will continue to wait and pray.

Why not go for a Wink hub then? Should work and you can get one cheap.

@BendedArrow Yes, I was using the core caseta component with the certs on the pro hub. It was working fine. I only switched to @upsert 's custom component because i wanted pico support, and multiple bridge support. I like his custom component way better. It really should be a core component.

2 Likes

100% agree. Also, even compared to the “regular” Lutron setup, upsert’s setup was 100 times easier. No dealing with running python scripts, etc. Just put in your Lutron’s IP address, get the integration report, done.

2 Likes

Looks like my connection to Caseta is broken now as well with the non-pro hub. thanks for the ideas in this thread

cappiel,

Did your bridge lose power?

No, seemed to break when I upgraded HA to .67.

Blockquote 2018-04-14 14:01:20 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component lutron_caseta
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 142, in _async_setup_component
result = await component.async_setup(hass, processed_config)
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/lutron_caseta.py”, line 57, in async_setup
yield from bridge.connect()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pylutron_caseta/smartbridge.py”, line 40, in connect
yield from self._login()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pylutron_caseta/smartbridge.py”, line 284, in _login
yield from self._load_devices()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pylutron_caseta/smartbridge.py”, line 314, in _load_devices
for device in device_json[‘Body’][‘Devices’]:
KeyError: ‘Body’

FYI - there is a pull request to fix it on non-pro now:
https://github.com/gurumitts/pylutron-caseta/pull/23

2 Likes

@xnappo, thanks for the info. Of course I ordered Wink hub 2 yesterday.

@xnappo Does it fix HA integration with non pro? Thought it just fixed the script errors to retrieve certificates but assumed HA still doesn’t work. I am not home this weekend to test

It should - I can’t test because my non-pro is on its way to an eBay buyer :smiley:

I have a pro hub and as of this morning can no longer control my dimmers. I did a homeassistant restart and now this is in my logs:

8-04-15 09:05:06 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component lutron_caseta
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 142, in _async_setup_component
result = await component.async_setup(hass, processed_config)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/lutron_caseta.py”, line 57, in async_setup
yield from bridge.connect()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pylutron_caseta/smartbridge.py”, line 40, in connect
yield from self._login()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pylutron_caseta/smartbridge.py”, line 284, in _login
yield from self._load_devices()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pylutron_caseta/smartbridge.py”, line 314, in _load_devices
for device in device_json[‘Body’][‘Devices’]:
KeyError: ‘Body’

I haven’t read through all of the entries here, but does this seem like the same issue?
I’m running hassio 0.66.1.

@martamoonpie - there error looks similar, but agree not exactly the same. See my bug report here:

You can try the new fix in the pull request - but honestly since you have the Pro - I would switch to the non-official version here:

xnappo

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response. That was surprisingly painless to do and my lights are working again. :grin: