Lutron dimmer switches will not load after upgrade to 66.0 hassio

After update to 0.66 Lutron components (3 dimmers) stopped working. The 3 caseta files are still in the config directory and the configuration.yaml file.

Log details: Sat Mar 31 2018 18:25:10 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Error during setup of component lutron_caseta
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 142, in _async_setup_component
result = await component.async_setup(hass, processed_config)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/lutron_caseta.py”, line 57, in async_setup
yield from bridge.connect()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pylutron_caseta/smartbridge.py”, line 40, in connect
yield from self._login()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pylutron_caseta/smartbridge.py”, line 281, in _login
self._reader, self._writer = yield from self._connect()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pylutron_caseta/smartbridge.py”, line 58, in _connect
family=socket.AF_INET)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pylutron_caseta/leap.py”, line 16, in open_connection
limit=limit, **kwds)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/streams.py”, line 75, in open_connection
lambda: protocol, host, port, **kwds)
File “uvloop/loop.pyx”, line 1769, in create_connection
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/sslproto.py”, line 503, in data_received
ssldata, appdata = self._sslpipe.feed_ssldata(data)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/sslproto.py”, line 201, in feed_ssldata
self._sslobj.do_handshake()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/ssl.py”, line 689, in do_handshake
self._sslobj.do_handshake()
ssl.SSLError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:777)

Configuration file:

lutron_caseta:
  host: 192.168.0.19
  keyfile: caseta.key
  certfile: caseta.crt
  ca_certs: caseta-bridge.crt

I will try downgrade back to 0.65.6

1 Like

Please let me know if downgrading helps, I have the same problem.

However I fear that this is another Caseta triggered problem. If I am not totally wrong my problems started yesterday before I upgraded to 66.0

@carbuthn @cssbhome

FYI: Caseta still working fine here after updating to 0.66.0

Thanks for the info.

I think it is much more likely a problem with my certificates. I have no time to troubleshoot now, but all my automations involving Lutron Caseta gear are not working, HA says “Invalid Config - The following components and platforms could not be set up: lutron-caseta”. My log shows the same as OP’s log:
“ssl.SSLError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:777)”

1 Like

Can you control with mobile app?

The Lutron mobile app? Yes that works. It is the Lutron Bridge - HA connection that is not working.

Downgrade did not restore use. The mobile app works fine.

I had used hassio to turn on lights just before upgrade.

Mine stopped working yesterday on 03/31/18.

Yep - it is broken and unfortunately it does not seem to be the version of HA that is the issue.

… And the script doesn’t seem to work anymore:

(general) ~/homeio$ python ./get_lutron_cert.py
Enter the address of your Caseta bridge device: 192.168.1.xx
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./get_lutron_cert.py", line 156, in <module>
    leap_response['Body']['PingResponse']['LEAPVersion'])
KeyError: 'Body'

I have exactly the same situation. Something changed.

I did some more checking and the problem may have started before the upgrade. I was away from the house and one of the light showed as being on and would not turn off.

I was going to check on why when I saw the upgrade was available, I upgraded before checking for error messages.

Anyone know of a way to see if the firmware changed in the hub? I will call the Lutron help line tomorrow.

Doubt the Lutron help line will offer much. Tempted just to bite the bullet and get a PRO hub.

Made a Github issue here:

Does the pro version still work? I guess that is another reason not to do business with companies that use close source hubs or a hub to start with.

Yes. I’m wondering if pro is still working as well. Or if they are broken too

I did post a question on the Lutron Forum (3rd-party Integration) also.

@glassbase - you can use this with the Pro, and I doubt they will break it because installers use Telnet:

@carbuthn - can you post a link to your forum post?

xnappo

It is at the link below:
Lutron 3rd party application post

I hate to pay another $155 to buy a smart bridge pro on top of what I payed for the smart bridge, 3 dimmers and 3 remotes. Of course for another $4, I can get another dimmer and a remote :laughing:,

Yeah, I feel you. It is really annoying Lutron is so closed to third party development. Unfortunately as you could tell from the ‘copy this link after you get an error message’ - the previous work-around was unsupported by Lutron. So assuming another work-around is found - it can break at any time :frowning:

The other annoying thing is I am sure the only difference between the non-Pro and Pro is the firmware!

xnappo

Two questions and a comment.
Comment first:
I am surprised that there is so little noise in the community about this.

Questions:

1. Is it reasonable to believe that the interface with the pro hub will be more stable?
  2. Is the older first generation of the Pro hub usable with HA (as opposed to the current Pro2 version)?