Luxpower ac inverter integration?

Looking to integrate luxpower ac battery inverter into home assistant - i see a guy on these forums found some code to get it working but hes not responding - anyone done this please ?

2 Likes

Did a goggle for Lux on this forum but couldn’t find the code you mentioned.
I too have a Lux inverter. It is relatively easy to log onto the IP of the inverter, so guessing someone with a lot more knowledge than me should be able to figure it out.

Let me know if you progress any further with this please.

I found this thread because I was looking for the same. I have come across a solution which is here:

The solution is not perfect, but in summary I have implemented this by:

1. creating a docker for the lxp-bridge solution on my server
  2. creating a config file from the template (note: you need all 3 config sections - just disable the ones you don’t need)
  3. add the Mosquito MQTT broker to HA
  4. Enable the MQTT integration in HA
  5. Configure the Energy dashboard in HA

Only completed that setup this morning (took about 3 hours as I worked bits out) so not yet seeing any data in the dashboards, but will update tomorrow once it’s been running for a while.

1 Like

Yeh. I’ve liaised with the author of this a few months ago, as I too spotted it.
I pointed him in the direction of Home assistant as it turns out he wasn’t aware of it.

He still has work to do with it, but it does report readings every 5 minutes.

I hoped he might run with it & make a HACS version which would be an ideal solution for me.
He’s obviously a busy guy & has shelved this project for the time being I guess.

His email address is [email protected], if you want to chat to him tho.
He was very helpful in getting it running correctly on my system.

1 Like

The one thing I am hoping to solve at the moment is a slightly silly but hopefully simple problem.

I have a few items which draw power where I would rather the battery NOT discharge whilst they are drawing power. Examples are:
Car Charger
Tumble Dryer
I have not yet worked out how to stop the Lux inverter from drawing power from the battery arbitrarily but would like to if any of the pre-set items are running. My logic would be:

• If power draw from XXX above 500w then disable batter discharge.
  • If power draw from XXX below 500w AND 5 mins elapsed then enable batter discharge.

Should be simple enough to automate if the function is available on the inverter. Have you managed to do anything similar?

Unfortunately I can’t help you with that, as I only have Solar & Inverter (no Battery).
I sell back to the grid, & surplus goes into the car. Cost of adding a battery was not logistical compared to the small amount I buy from the grid.

Thanks for the answer.

I have managed to find a setting on the inverter which I can use:
To make it work I set that to zero when I don’t want to discharge the batteries, and back to 100 when I do.
I am currently working with Chris to understand how to do that via the lxp-bridge he has created and once working I hope to setup a switch in HA then use that for automation…

Few steps to go yet.

1 Like

Looks like you are heading in the right direction.

Hi,
So I have actually been busy working on this for home and I now have an integration for Lux PowerTek in HA. It’s not perfect but it works, I can send you a link to my Github if you want to take a look.

1 Like

I will happily take a look if you like. I am quite happy with the lxp-bridge from Celsworth but will happily look at your setup and compare :slight_smile:

@DaveIr I’ve PM’d you.

If anyone is interested, this is what I’ve done so far.

If you are interested this is an integration I’ve written that is just a simple HA custom integration, it’s all written in python however it simply connects to the IOT device locally on the Lux Inverter and displays it in HA. UPDATE my integration can now update every 20 seconds, anything less than this can actually crash the dongle.

**UPDATE Oct 2023 - I’ve been running this for a few years now and we have got to the stage of getting it incredibly stable with as many sensors I can possibly find of around 185 entities. If you would like access please drop me an email at my username on here @hotmail.com and I will get you setup. PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS!

15 Likes

Hi, this looks great. How did you get it working? Im interested.

1 Like

Looks great. Is this in HACS?

2 Likes

Hi,

I am interested in trying out your integration for the lux powertek for my setup. Could you please send me a link to your github?

Thank you,
Simon

I’ve also taken a look at lxp-bridge and thought about trying to integrating with the lux inverter via the 2nd server config option.

+1 interested in this integration / helping develop it where I can.

Drop me an email which is my username @hotmail.com and I will send you over an invite if that helps?

Thanks, that’s really helpful. I want to do the same thing. Ideally I want to set it not to discharge when I am charging the EV on a fast charge when Octopus Go provide cheap electricity between 12:30 and 4:30am.

I’ve found that because I have AC Charge enabled from 00.30 to 04.30 that it will never discharge at those times.

Although in summer I do not expect to use the cheaper Octopus Go power to charge the battery (I’m hoping the Solar will have it charged sufficiently from the day before) I may probably leave that setting enabled anyway just to top up a little. Saves creating an automation.

Did you ever manage to integrate the Luxpower to Home Assistant?