Luxpower ac inverter integration?

Yes, Guy has a Python version which is easy to implement into HA.
If you PM him, I’m sure he will point you in the right direction … however he is aware that the latest update to HA is causing an issue atm.

1 Like

Yes absolutely, Drop me a message and I can add you to my Github page.
I’m keeping it private for now as it’s still got a ton of work being done on it from me and a few other very helpful people but you are welcome to a copy and try it out and give any feedback etc.

2 Likes

Thanks. Much appreciated. I have emailed you.

Guy,

Just come across this thread, I to have a lux inverter, would it be possible to use your code, also happy to provide feedback.

Hi Fred - yes absolutely drop me an email at my username @hotmail.com and I can send you over the details.

Thanks Guy - mail on the way

Guy - did you receive my mail?

No… I’ve DM’d you.

Thx dm’d back

Hi Guy, I sent an email asking for access to your integration please.
Thanks for all you work on this to date, I’m interested to test it with my setup.

Hello,

So I’ve spend a lot of time recently and we now have a solution I’m really happy with.

I now have an integration that is built directly into HA (it’s a custom integration but has a HA UI)
You can now force the integration to force a refresh of the data (around 2 seconds) and I’ve now got every single button / percent / time / switch in the Lux website in HA.
Example UI setup
Example of sensors

Lovelace Example

If you would like to try it out please do drop me a DM or an email. I’m keeping on a private GitHub account just to make sure Lux’s servers don’t get hammered by this integration by mistake as I can easily make the inverter report every 2 seconds and that wouldn’t be good for Lux’s servers!

15 Likes

Guy,

I have been using your code for the past few weeks and it’s just awesome! Well done.

I am combining it with Bottle Cap Dave’s plug-in https://github.com/BottlecapDave/HomeAssistant-OctopusEnergy. Fill in your Octopus Account’s API and account number, then it creates a few more entities that you can use to retrieve the current tariff rates and also the gas meter reading (from yesterday though).

Great stuff!

Andy

2 Likes

Guy, that looks really impressive. I have only just joined this community. been running home assistant for a while in the home and a few months ago had a Lux inverter, batteries and panels installed and want now to start to integrate this properly into HA. As to manage my solar effectively I have to manually set the car to charge which is not ideal. My goal is change the overnight battery charge level, and the charge the car or heat the water tank based on available parameters.

Dave

As a new member of this community (not that new to HA though) I can’t PM or email you.
I just got batteries with Luxpower inverter installed and I would like to give a try with your integration.
How can I contact you directly to get access to your code?

Best regards,
O

I’ve sent you a DM :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I need it, can you send it to me? [email protected] . Thanks

Guy, I need this too… can you DM me

Hi Guy,
Thank you for your contributions so far. It looks very impressive and i wish that one day i could have the competence to code like this. Would it be possible if i could be yet another one of your beta testers and have access? :sweat_smile:,
Many thanks.
Dan

Hi Guy - could I please take a look at this integration, and try to implement on my system? Much appreciated

Hi Neil, drop me an email or DM and I will add you - Guy