M5StickC plus as voice remote

Hello,
I have an M5StickC plus that I want to use as a voice remote for the new Assist feature, just like in the example with the M5Atom Echo, but on a StickCplus.

Is this possible, and if yes, how?

Thanks in advance
Aaron

The stick has a microphone, so you should be able to use it at least for that.
No speaker, though.

What is your level of “how”? :wink:

@koying My level of “how” is that I don’t know how to set up the microphone on the StickCplus in ESPhome (the pin assignment is very confusing for me) and I need the YAML for the mic.

Thanks for your help
Aaron

The base YAML would be media-players/m5stack-atom-echo.yaml at 836631e8ca446c84485bba2199f21fdfb398ba89 · esphome/media-players · GitHub

Remove everything speaker / media player related.
GPIO-wise, just play with it :wink:

How far along have you gotten with this? I decided to break out my old Stickc and install the voice stuff on it. I would like the response printed on the screen but I have no idea how to do that. It prints in the log so it should be possible. This little thing would make a nice little Home Assistant remote since we don’t have a wake word option yet.

I initially tried it but my problem was that the pins of the mic weren’t known

Docs say its GPIO0 and GPIO34

The problem is that we don’t know the pins for this:

Which is required when using a mic

any progress so far? thanks

I found project - M5StickC with speaker hat. Could that hat be used as speaker function?

I also have one of these and would love to use it as my voice remote. Just chiming in to bump and follow this thread.

Hi,
I built a barometer with the M5StickC Plus2 and an ENV III Hat with ESPHome.

I’m going to try a voice assistant with the M5Stickc Plus 2 and an SPK2 Hat. I’m waiting for my parts and to assemble this. I’ll keep you informed.