Magichome devices work PERFECT with homeassistant (reflash this code with ESPHOME)

From serial sniffer:

[00][00]

[s9070] boot v1.0
infor 10047000 00
cs = 20
Bootloader sel = 0
boot date = 190917 version = 100
flash use four lines mode
flash max freq 80Mhz
addr = ffffffff type = f sig = ffff
ota flag = fffff 5253554
flash ota not ready just jump
ota_address = 18060020
dest addr = 10015900 start addr 180c1a5c size = 4ac
entry = 10015900 valid_key = 2039070 2039070
boot check key valid run entry 180b0a5d!
s907x sdk version SCI-20200323-FNCE-1.0.4
Msg | M[user] | wlan_task:139 lwip init…
Msg | M[user] | wlan_task:143 wlan start…
heap size 105024
Init MAC:c8-2e-47-5e-XX-XX
s907x normal mode…
heap size 48224
Msg | M[user] | user_task:108 user main start.
heap size 64728

|device id → AK001-ZJ2134
|device code → 06
|device protocol version → 1
|common component version → 1.0.5
|device version → 06_02_20200323_ZG-ZW2-IR

Init MAC:c8-2e-47-5e-XX-XX `

I bought also LED controller and I have got the same problem… Anyone find solution how to reflash this board: zj-wfmn-e

Hello, Could someone please help me? I am new to ALL of this and am trying to flash the device. I get an error every time…

Unexpected error: The firmware binary is invalid (magic byte=65, should be E9)

I’m using ESPflasher and it communicates with the 8266 but ends in that error.

I for the life of me can’t figure out how or where to run the command esphome rgb.yml run after installing python on Win10 and figuring out pip to install esphome.
I can’t even figure out how to write a yaml file so I ctrl+c and +v into home assistant and created a file there and then downloaded it. I felt kinda clever after that one but it still won’t work.

Could someone point me in the right direction please?!

Thanks

is the chip in flash mode? you need to set it to flash mode by jumpering

An additional tip: it is possible to use an arduino uno as usb to tty converter to change the firmware on the magic home! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxIBCyP0V18

Hello Will, I used your code, but I’m not able to make a remote control to work.

Debug log shows that I receive some data when I press buttons on remote, but colors don’t change, can’t turn on or off…

D][remote.rc_switch:256]: Received RCSwitch Raw: protocol=4 data='01110100011'e
[D][remote.rc_switch:256]: Received RCSwitch Raw: protocol=4 data='01110100011'e
[D][remote.rc_switch:256]: Received RCSwitch Raw: protocol=4 data='011101000111100000010000'e
[D][remote.rc_switch:256]: Received RCSwitch Raw: protocol=4 data='011101000111100000010000'e
[D][remote.rc_switch:256]: Received RCSwitch Raw: protocol=4 data='011101000111100000010001'e
[D][remote.rc_switch:256]: Received RCSwitch Raw: protocol=4 data='01110100'e

Do you know what can be a problem?

Your remote is probably sending different codes.

So press the On button, see what it receives in the console and update the yaml with that value.
Then do the same for the RED button etc.

Hello guys. Just want to share my experience.

Model that works (has “A” at the end the name just below the antenna):

Model that does not work (has “E” at the end the name just below the antenna):

I don’t put a top cover here, because it seems that it can be confused and the person got the correct A version with the cover I have on the “wrong” E version. So, not for the reference - my “good” version has a label with “192 W” when the wrong version has label with “100 W”. Again - do not rely on this. Check the controller (ESP or not) and version letter (A or E).

“Wrong” E-version has some log output on serial port but can not be reprogrammed. :frowning:

1 Like

I ended up by flashing my MagicHome’s with TASMOTA. I couldn’t get to work remote control with ESPhome, debug log was useless to see the RF codes. Sometimes it showed up after pressing a button, sometimes not.

That happens for me in Tasmota as well.
This is not caused by ESPHome, but by flaky RF controller/receiver used on these units.
I often need to press the buttons on the controller multiple times for it to do the intended action…

Hey guys,

Whats the Device Type in the ESP Home Add on for these?

I have MagicHome RGBW ZJ-WFMN-A V1.1 LED Controller Flashed with the config from MagicHome RGBW ZJ-WFMN-A V1.1 LED Controller - esphome-devices.com

It is actually the same as from first post, just that has also IR codes and effects added.

I have connected RGB strip to R, G and B pins and white strip to W pin. The issue I have now is that when I select color “White”, I get also “white” color on RGB strip (all colors on) instead of getting signal only from pin W. It does not make much sense why, but I have no idea how to solve it.

Have you added color_interlock ?

1 Like

Thanks. This solves the issue. Can you please help me now also how to make “switch” on lovelace that will turn only white on directly?

You could use a button with a service call to light.turn_on ?

Or setup a scene and call that ?

Has anyone been able to utilise the ‘microphone’ that comes with these to replicate the original mode of dancing lights when you play music near it?

So lucky for me, I was able to find ESP8285 versions of these and was able to flash them with ESPHome.

Mine came with an IR remote receiver. I traced it out to GPIO4, so added the ‘remote_receiver’ section. I was seeing the NEC codes and mapped some binary sensors to the various codes on the remote.

Fired it up and the IR remote works beautifully… hit RED and the strips turn red.

However, the device itself was not happy. Constant disconnects from Home Assistant (and apparently WiFi).

Removing the IR Remote functionality restored full functionality.

Anybody else encounter this with these IR units?

Can you tell where did you find the esp version?

I picked up a few “brands” on Amazon.

The “SUPERNIGHT” models were ESP based: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JZ2SI6Q

It could have been old stock, so YMMV.

EDIT: I purchased the RGB version, as my daughter’s LED strips don’t have a white channel.

1 Like

has anyone flashed the larger 4A/ch output RGB W WW magic home box?

1 Like