Magnum Floor Heating

Hi Rikkie. Can’t change “werking” either, but changing temperature does work here…

I also got this working via the Tuya integration! However it seems like all reported values (current and set temperatures) are multiplied by 5; so 20 degree celsius in the SmartLife app (and the device itself) are reported as 100 degree Celsius in Home Assistant!

Any ideas on how to calibrate this?

Hey,
It was mentioned the zwave would work forsure?

This one?

Is that also with Tuya? Or coild Inise Fibaro or vera integrations for this?

Thanks!

I’m using this one: MAGNUM Remote Control - Magnum Heating, it’s Tuya and working with standard Tuya integration in HA and at the same time with the Tuya app (if you want to).

It came as a discount bundle together with the underfloor heating, as a part of a complete bathroom (tiles, bath etc.) deal. They couldnt’t switch it for the z-wave version, as this is only sold separately and wasn’t part of this store’s catalogue.

So no experience with the z-wave on my part

I found some time to work on the local tuya integration again.
Got everything setup on developer tuya. Added LocalTuya integration
The floor thermostat is listed when adding a device.

When adding the entity with type Climate which value should be selected for ID?
The default; 101 will add the device to HA but the device will become unavailable.

Edit: apparently I needed to remove the Tuya component (from custom_components, where I had installed a copy of it), and reinstall it. Now it works properly again!

Can you explain how to define the MRC thermostat in HA?
See my previous post

1 Like

I setup all with Tuya Cloud Project, all was accepted in Home Assistant with local keys, device i.d. and so on. However my heater stays unavailable and get stuck in the Card setup. Not sure if it has to do with my card/dashboard entry.! Please need a little help left. Schermafbeelding 2022-07-15 om 14.23.12|637x500

1 Like

Did you had any luck yet so far with Magnum Floorheating?

1 Like

Got the Magnum Floor heating working with HA and LocalTuya. I added it without the Cloud API key but directly with the Local Key and Device ID.

Configuration I used
ID: 3
Target Temperature ID: 16
Current Temperature ID : 24

HVAC Mode DP ID : 2
Mode Set: Manual/Auto

HVAC current Action DP ID: 3
Action Set: Heat/Warming

The Climate sensor is available but keeps saying it’s auto… however… I am able to update the temperature settings and when the target temp exceeds the current temp the floor heating will start (checked using the physical interface). I currently cannot see the heating status in the HA. It’s a matter of trial and error when setting up the device. Hope this helps some people here…

1 Like

Thanks, working for me now as well.

Hoping someone can help fix the Auto/Heat/Off issue.

1 Like

Has anyone managed to get this up and running. Like Xitro I also managed to get it connected and I can change the temperature. But when I want to setup automation, there isn’t much I can do. I can set it on heating but I can’t set a specific temperature.
Is there anywhere visible what those specific ID’s mean? Is there one where you can set the temperature manually?

1 Like

Just wanted to share I have most of the settings of the thermostat working with Local Tuya

Only the following setting does not seem to work, anyone who knows the correct value? Or how I can reset this field to empty?

1 Like

I think that’s only possible by removing the integration from LocalTuya and adding it again.

Thanks for the info in this thread! Helped me set up my thermostat. It also didn’t completely work for me at first.

By dumping the data reported by the thermostat I saw the reported values are slightly different, this PR should fix it in the integration: Add HVAC mode and action sets for climate entities by RutgerKe · Pull Request #1213 · rospogrigio/localtuya · GitHub

In the meantime, you could go and make those changes in climate.py yourself, restart home-assistant, and update the device configuration to use the new mode-set and action-set. After that changing mode (auto/manual) and reporting status (heating/idle) works for me.

I just got a new Magnum floor heating system with the Magnum WiFi RC. I’m also just starting with HomeAssistant, migrating my complete Fibaro HC2 system to HASS, so I’m on a steep learning curve.

Could someone who did setup the MRC in Hass help me with a more step by step approach what to do. I managed to find the Tuya integrations, did setup a Tuya IoT account and did find LocalTuya in hacs (took me a bit of time). Not clear how to proceed, so any help is welcome

Problem solved, my Magnum Remote Control is now included in my HomeAssistant setup.
No need for rooted Android phones, nor the BlueStacks method as described above.

With the latest Tuya Smart app on my iPhone I made the connection to the MRC. On the Tuya website I created an account and linked this account to the discovered device. This is described in detail in the first link https://linkdhome.com/articles/local-tuya-device-control-in-homekit in the post by @EnsignR LocalTuya - Using Tuya IoT Platform to obtain not only Local Keys, but also DP (data point) IDs. This exercise gave me the device-ID, user-ID, secret-key, User-ID and the famous Local-key. With the description on how to install LocalTuya GitHub - rospogrigio/localtuya: local handling for Tuya devices I could then easily include my Magnum Remote Control. In the final configuration, I selected “climate” and the the DP-IDs are shown (set temp / current temp), with the DP-IDs as shown above by @Pikkemans. Made the (manual) change in LocalTuya, as described here above by @whoozy. With a simple time-driven automation I can now set the temperature of my floor heating system.

5 Likes

Structural solution is still pending in GitHub… Would be nice if it can be released so that I don’t have to update the climate.py file manually anymore :wink:

By the way, with the changes in climate.py I can manually switch “Auto” and “Heating” but “Off” is still not working

1 Like

Agree with @Rikkie80 , everything was working fine, but then last week, after an update I had to update climate.py again

Using the normal Tuya integration works here but only for temperature control. I’d love to be able to turn it “off” from hass. Specifically, is like to say "turn off during the 6 most expensive hours of electricity.

Also wondering if there’s an entire for power usage or energy. I don’t see it with the normal Tuya, but did others see it with localtuya?