Magnum Floor Heating

Yes finally it worked!! I had to search manually (4) other wifi. It took 2 minutes before it found MRC. The interface is the same as the original app from Magnum. Thank you for your advice. I will continue with the internet interface.

HI Wim,

I’m using the same scheduler card :slight_smile:

Did you find a way to make 1 entry for weekdays AND weekend? I have 2 time slots per day I would like to have the floor heating on, but they are different for the weekdays & weekend. I ‘solved’ it with 2 entries, this is the weekend where I set the temperatures:

Hi DaSuperGrover

No, only thing to manage this is use the “Dagelijks” schedule and copy/paste weekdays and copy/paste weekend days.

But further no complaints, have this running now for about a year (also my wife is quite familiar and happy with the use of this).

1 Like

Somehow my climate.py looks completely different, line 60 and onwards quoted here:

And while the MRC device is found, it remains “unavailable”.

I’m a bit clueless how to move forward, I’ve read and tried this entire thread multiple times now.

I had a number of issues with Rospogrigio/localtuya in combination with the Magnum thermostat, there are a lot of outstanding issues with this hacs-integration, and slow response.

I switched to GitHub - xZetsubou/hass-localtuya: 🔹 A Home Assistant integration to handle Tuya devices locally "fork from localtuya" which is a relatively new fork of the Rospogrigio one.

With this fork, I no longer have to manually edit climate.py for my Magnum thermostat, and I no long get warnings of (future) unsupported features.

Interesting as that’s the one I have installed earlier today and with this it remains “unavailable”.
I even completely removed the localtuya integration (both versions, twice), sometimes it can’t find the MRC, when it does and it’s added as entity it is unavailable.

Happy to help, just some questions here:

• Did you put local ID of the Magnum in the configuration?
  • Did you configure the DP values for the Magnum?
  • How did you configure the Magnum in the xZetsubou version of local tuya (gives more/better configuration options than Rospogrigio).

I’m traveling at the moment, back home later this week, can show you my configuration then if you want to see it.

thanks.

• local ID: yes
  • DP is already a bit strange, I plugged in a few of the numbers I saw in the thread, but honoustly fail to see the concept a bit / also not the expected result
  • xZetsubou gives more options. Not sure how to answer how I configured it.

thanks again.

@Keiner

DP is a kind of address. As Tuya is used for a wide range of equipment, the various entities are linked to DP’s (whatever that stands for).

My config for the Magnum thermostaat (in xZetsubou local tuya integration):

Page 1:
IP fixed (I can assign fixed IP addresses in my (FritzBox) router
Local key (local ID)
Protocol 3.3
Page 2:
Configuration entities
DP 3 : climate
DP 16: target temperature
DP 24: current temperature
Precision: 0.1
Target precision: 0.1
Optional HVAC Mode DP: 2 (value Auto), thereafter in text frame:
1 auto: AUTO
2 heat: MANUAL (note: this is all case-sensitive)
Optional HVAX Current Action Mode DP: 3 (value: warming), thereafter in text frame:
1: heating: heating
2: idle: warming
Optional Eco: leave default
Optional Presets:
1: manual: Manual
2: away: Holiday
3: home: Program
Optional Fan: leave empty

Those are my settings, using xZetsubou for a few months now, Magnum working fine. I don’t use the program option in the Magnum itself, I use a schedule card in HA , easier to make changes than on the device itself.