Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

If this is the no mail thing, you have to do some kind of hocus pocus to get the image as the image is a random guid and changes every time or every day. Not sure I see why but that’s how it’s working now.

No my card didn’t match. I don’t have gif sensor.

Custom card b0.06 published.

Very quick fix, thanks.
Looks like it works. No image, but this is typical what I see at now. Lets see what happens in the morning.
my yaml code

-
    type: 'custom:mail-and-packages-card'
    name: Mail Summary
    updated: sensor.mail_updated
    details: true
    image: false
    deliveries_message: sensor.mail_deliveries_message
    packages_delivered: sensor.mail_packages_delivered
    packages_in_transit: sensor.mail_packages_in_transit
    fedex_packages: sensor.mail_fedex_delivering
    ups_packages: sensor.mail_ups_packages
    usps_packages: sensor.mail_usps_packages
    amazon_packages: sensor.mail_amazon_packages
    gif_sensor: sensor.mail_image_url
    camera_entity: camera.mail_usps

Is this what you mean?
Either the gif sensor is on or the camera? Could I use the gif for the mail and the camera for Amazon?

Still not seeing the picture. It does show the link in the card. I still must be setting something up incorrectly.
Also how does the app handle a reschedule? I was suppose to get an Amazon delivery yesterday. It showed one item in transit. Last night Amazon rescheduled it to today. The app does not show this reschedule. There is an email from Amazon showing the reschedule. The email subject is: Delivery update.

I’m using v 0.3.0b-37. My preview on HA Lovelace card shows the correct photo, my www folder does not show the photo, and the photo sent to me in the notification shows a 404 error!

The image link is only valid until the next cycle.

What is the cycle? My notification doesn’t send until 15mins after the email is received. I just triggered the automation again (almost 60mins later) and still the same error. This has been 3 days in a row.

The cycle is the interval you have the email checked.

I finally have everything working again with the new beta. Seems to work well. I don’t know if you are playing with the amazon delivery picture. Right now I use the picture card. The problem I have using this is the picture stays until the next Amazon delivery. It would be nice if it could use a cycle so that the picture doesn’t stay more than a day.

Settings show 5 minutes. Every time I look at my mail_and_packages folder it updates for the time I’m looking at it but there is never a picture of the mail or what is in my Lovelace card.

I see the images in the iOS notifications for all past notifications in the notifications center. They appear to store the image once received.

@CommittotheIndian which sensor are you using for the notification image? Are you able to view the url it shows in the sensor in the web browser? If not, there may be a network issue or the url isn’t being formed correctly.

0.3.0-b38

:sparkles: New Features :sparkles:

• Only change filename daily @firstof9 (#350)

Links

I get this in my error log.

Logger: custom_components.mail_and_packages.helpers
Source: custom_components/mail_and_packages/helpers.py:900
Integration: Mail and Packages (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 5:33:06 AM (20 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:53:32 AM

Problem decoding email message: Expected list, got <class 'str'>

I’m not getting this error, what version are you running?

0.30.b40, the latest that I see.

Logger: custom_components.mail_and_packages.helpers
Source: custom_components/mail_and_packages/helpers.py:900
Integration: Mail and Packages (documentation, issues)
First occurred: January 31, 2021, 7:41:43 PM (608 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:57:11 AM

Problem decoding email message: Expected list, got <class 'str'>

Not sure if the cause is the integration or the card? Looks like integration.

b41 should resolve this, should be out after the tests pass.

Fixed for me. That was quick.

1 Like

The the amazon picture card get changed to where it is copied to? I have not gotten a picture update since 1/21 and I have had several deliveries.