Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

Grab b21, that [0] shouldn’t be in that first part :man_facepalming:

1 Like

That did it. Thank you!

1 Like

Shout out for the shout out to @firstof9 on the HASS blog for contributions in the main HASS project. @firstof9 has been the main contributor for a while to the mess of code I put together a year ago. Big thank you for all improvements and continued support to this small project and HASS as a whole! :champagne:

5 Likes

My Amazon sensor isn’t working correctly, at least not based on how I understand it should work. I have packages out for delivery today (shipped yesterday) and the sensor.mail_amazon_packages shows the order numbers but not a package count. Maybe I’m not reading the wiki section right?

Shipped yesterday, expected delivery is when?

Today. Some tomorrow. I just don’t think i’ve ever seen it increase.

Amazon packages delivered are not included in the count of total package delivered?

If the date in green text says “tomorrow” it currently doesn’t work.

Correct, Amazon is handled differently, currently.

Ok so that won’t get picked up? Curious then, how (or even does) the sensor value go up?

The sensor should read 1 right now for you with that email. Did it come from [email protected] ?

Yes to coming from shipment-tracking (edited spelling). Granted, this is with an email copied over from ProtonMail to Gmail (because I don’t feel like configuring a bridge just for this). But the component picks up the order numbers (including the one that’s out for delivery).

Actually just realized I have 2 out for delivery today.

Might be part of the update to allow forwarded emails

can you report your findings in the issue please? I’ll look into it in a moment. :slight_smile:

Sure. I’m actually still on b21 so that shouldn’t be affecting. But i’ll throw it there. Wasn’t sure if it was a bug or not :wink:

Also if you like, do you have debug on? that will help a lot too :slight_smile:

I’ll enable for an update.

1 Like

Also, working on a way via Tasker to track Amazon packages that are out for delivery and when they’re near to home. So this will be Android only and will require AutoNotification. Thought process is use the NR integration to create a sensor then Tasker intercepts notification (and potentially clears it) -> Webhook to HASS (or in my case NodeRed) -> Add 1 to the sensor and finally update the sensor. Then when there’s a sensor update send me a notification that I can track in HASS.

I’m sure it could be done outside of NodeRed too. And it’s totally a kludge solution but…it should work. In theory :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok so it works. The most difficult part is dealing with the deliveries and lowering the count so it’s accurate. Think I’ve got it figured out but I’ll test over the next few days (did some WFH-based upgrades to my desk/setup so lots of Amazon orders coming).

Been loving this card. Apparently have two entities I didn’t set triggers for when things are coming or arriving. What are these for? Is this FedEx?

mail_packages_in_transit
mail_packages_delivered

Note I thought the above was USPS but isn’t this USPS packages?

mail_usps_delivering
mail_usps_delivered

@jriker1 Those two are accumulative across all of the carriers except Amazon.

1 Like